Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Is God unable to create in kind?

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    I did go through the temple a long time ago just prior to my lds mission.

But what you have said does nothing to help her predicament with respect to the p***age in Genesis 1. So I am not sure how you think that it does. Perhaps you could elaborate a little bit for me. BTW your are not sharing any secrets about the temple ceremony because a word for word transcription is available for anyone to view on the web.
    Yes, I know that. I was responding to the question you keep asking Julie about "what gods" were there with Elohim. I thought maybe you didn't really know.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Yes, I know that. I was responding to the question you keep asking Julie about "what gods" were there with Elohim. I thought maybe you didn't really know.
    I don't believe we do know what Gods were with Elohim (God).. maybe you can tell us, not what mormons believe but what other Gods exist beyond the one true and living God.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    All of God's creations (speaking of living creations) are a testimony of life producing life after its kind. That life begets life, in kind.

Is the God of orthodoxy unable to do this himself?
    yes....God can not reproduce himself....he tells us this in the bible

alanmolstad

So you believe God cannot create in kind.
    very true...he can not do that as he is not a "kind".

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Berean

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
    Nonsense.

An image is a reflection. When you look in the mirror, does the image you see have the same "nature" and "character" that you have? No, it does not. It does not contain any of the physical characteristics nor the nature that you posses. It looks exactly like you but what you see is not really you, it's only an image of you that is being reflected off of you.

The same is true of the word "likeness." A likeness is a representation or a semblance of appearance and does not contain any of the material or physical characteristics of the original.

"Kind" refers to a group or cl*** of objects with the same nature or character.

Clearly, man is not made after God's "kind."

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
    Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Nonsense.
    What do you consider nonsense about Gen 1:26?

An image is a reflection. When you look in the mirror, does the image you see have the same "nature" and "character" that you have? No, it does not. It does not contain any of the physical characteristics nor the nature that you posses. It looks exactly like you but what you see is not really you, it's only an image of you that is being reflected off of you.

The same is true of the word "likeness." A likeness is a representation or a semblance of appearance and does not contain any of the material or physical characteristics of the original.

"Kind" refers to a group or cl*** of objects with the same nature or character.

Clearly, man is not made after God's "kind."
    All offspring are of the same species as their Father:

Acts 17:29---King James Version (KJV)
    29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Does anyone have any exceptions to that?

Hebrews 12:9---King James Version (KJV)
    9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by aaronshaf View Post
    The short answer is "yes" to the original question.

But the answer is "yes" in Mormonism as well. In Mormonism, God does not really create after his own kind. In fact, his own kind are beings that are co-eternal and self-existent. Our particular God didn't given them their existence, and at spirit birth (if you affirm the traditional view of viviparous spirit-birth) he doesn't technically "make them after his own kind"; he merely clothes an existing co-eternal self-existent being already of the same fundamental species with a spirit-body.

Put more succinctly, the Mormon God doesn't have the ability to create beings of the same species. He only has the ability to clothe co-eternal beings of the same species with different kinds of bodies.
    So--when the spirit(from God) inhabits the mortal body--does that mean mankind does not have the ability to reproduce after his own kind?

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    God clearly states (many times) that His children are "adopted" not pro-created.
    Libby--there is one problem with that ***umption--and that is--the spirit was in the body years prior to the adoption. The adoption cannot account for the origins of the spirit.

What does account for the origins of the spirit(and the flesh)-- is this:

Hebrews 12:9--King James Version (KJV)
    9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

alanmolstad

still the best answer in the whole topic !....

alanmolstad

...yes....god , the only being beyond time, is unable to make another god that would also be beyond time.......there is only one......the moment you think something that called itself 'god' is said to have reproduced you know you are dealing with a false god
    I wrote this back in 2013...

It's fun to drop back and see how I answered questions and notice how I really did a good *** and gave an answer that stands the test of time so well...

All of God's creations (speaking of living creations) are a testimony of life producing life after its kind. That life begets life, in kind.

Is the God of orthodoxy unable to do this himself?
    Since God has said that HE gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN Son, you would be calling Him a liar if you said He fathered (begat) another. . .(John 3:16).

You would be calling God a liar if you said another REAL GOD was ever created (Isaian 43:10ff)