Thread: The Gift of Tongues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JE

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Faith without works is dead.... If Gods word says to Repent<--- we need to repent ...If it says we need to be filled with Gods spirit <---is that so hard to do.....If it says we need to be baptized in the name of Jesus....<----Do It
    Because we need to be sure then regret it later on

God bless Sister Kat
    The idea of "faith without works" comes from James 2. Kat, if you read James 2, especially verses 14-26, you will see that the works it is referring to are not works toward salvation, but works toward other people, namely loving your neighbor as yourself. So using the faith without works argument as proof that you have to repent or be baptized or speak in another tongue is not using this scripture in context.

kentuckypreacher

I'm talking about "tongues" as they are described and defined in the New Testament. NO ONE IS SPEAKING WITH OTHER TONGUES today. So of the "tongues advocates" have enough trouble with English.

jyajoe

Default UNKNOW (italicized)

I just wonder, but cannot prove it or prove against it but I feel that GOD and satan had a counsel meeting as they did in the day of ***. satan "ASKED" God if he could put one word in the Bible. And of the whole Bible that one word would deceive ALL of Jesus Christs teachings. And would bring his church against him. That word was UNKNOWN italicized before the word tongues in the Bible.