We are given a promise from the Father... the promise of the Holy Spirit. But that's where it ends. There is nothing in this "promise", or in any verse in the entire Bible, that says we ALL speak in tongues as "proof" of our having received that promise”! Nope... not a single verse in the Bible supports the absurd false "doctrine" of Pentecostalists that ALL will speak in tongues as the "initial evidence" of anything.

Your "doctrine of witnesses" is about as funny as your belief in "initial evidence" of tongues! If you want to resort to this trite argument, I will just throw it right back in your face: I have as many Biblical "witnesses" that refute your false "doctrine" as you have "witnesses" to support it. There are three times in the Bible that individuals speak in tongues upon receiving the Holy Spirit (the 12 apostles on the Day of Pentecost; Cornelius and group in Acts 10; and John's disciples in Acts 19) and there are three times that it doesn't happen (later in Acts 2 when the 3,000 are added; in Acts 8 with the Samaritans; and in Acts 9 when Paul receives the Holy Spirit). So, my "witnesses" cancel out your "witnesses"... Got anything better? Naw… didn’t think so!

I don’t give a hoot about your so called "scholars"... I care about what the Bible says, and there is not a word in the Bible about the Samaritans speaking in tongues when they received the Holy Spirit. So don't bore me with your meaningless "context". This event happens smack dab in the middle of an 11 year "drought" where there is not a single mention of tongues in the Book of Acts! “Context”… what rubbish! There is NO “context” to be had, since we haven’t seen a case of tongues in almost 7 chapters! So you have no "context"; you have no "paradigm"... what you got is a bunch of NOTHING, a bunch of uneducated Pentecostal "ministers" making up some fool "doctrine" that the Bible never teaches. That's all you got. NOTHING!

Say anything you want... I think you're dead wrong, and the Bible proves it. You can't point to a single verse that supports your false beliefs about tongues. No one ever taught such a stupid "doctrine" before January 1, 1901 when a bunch of illiterate Bible "students" dreamed it up as a homework ***ignment. And the student who first spoke in tongues, Agnes Ozman, later recanted. Yep... you got a bunch of wishful thinking, but you haven't got support from the Bible.

You’re getting messed up like always... I believe that tongues exist today! I have no reason to believe that the GIFT of tongues ceased operation. There's nothing in the Bible to support such a view. But what doesn't exist... what NEVER existed... is the Pentecostal rubbish about "initial evidence" of tongues.

Mark says tongues is a "sign", but Mark also lists a bunch of other similar "signs". Do ALL of those "signs" follow ALL believers? Of course not! So you can't argue one sign (tongues) does, when you can't prove it to be true about all of the "signs" listed in Mark. So give it up... Mark does nothing to support the Pentecostalists’ false "doctrine" of "initial evidence" of tongues.

I Corinthians does say all are baptized with the same Spirit, but that same book also says that NOT all will speak in tongues, so there is no support for any "universal evidence" or that tongues IS that "evidence". More defeat from the Bible, huh?

Paul made the statement about speaking in tongues in the middle of his discussion about the GIFT of tongues. Paul also says in I Corinthians 12:30 that he doesn't believe all will speak in tongues! So, there's no proof that Paul began speaking in tongues in Acts 9 when he received the Holy Spirit. And, in fact, the Bible shows that he DIDN'T! No proof... just a bunch of useless opinions from another misguided Pentecostalists...

Poor old backward Pentecostalists... so ignorant of Scripture that they have to make up false "signs" to bolster their weak, non-existent "faith". After all, that's what Paul says, doesn't he? Tongues are a "sign" for UNbelievers... guess that's just what the Pentecostalists are... UNbelievers...