Thread: Is Jesus The Only Way To Know God?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trinity

Hello sayso,

Quote Originally Posted by sayso View Post
    There is nothing violent about sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ simply because the one listening judges it to be offensive.
    I think the problem is not about the truth itself but about the way that we are exposing it. We should never be upset about someone who is rejecting us. Just because people do not agree with our truth we should never become berserk. Where is the peace in Christ, if because of our negative emotions we are becoming afflicted? We should distinguish the reject of the truth from the reject of our person. Unfortunately, our ego is the source of all our divisions. Just because someone could disagree with us we have this tendency to look at him as an antagonist. Why? Because our ego is hurt we become suspicious. It is not the reject of the truth that upsets us but the reject of our self. That is touching the pride manifested in every human being.

2 Corinthians 12:20
    For I am afraid that when I come to visit you I won't like what I find, and then you won't like my response. I am afraid that I will find quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfishness, backstabbing, gossip, conceit, and disorderly behavior.

The problem is not essentially with all the unbelievers but with the believers. We should not be affected by the reject of the unbelievers, however the egotistic at***ude of the believers could be the main cause of this reject. The christian self-discipline is demanding that we tame the bad heart and that we monitor the inner man.

It is more easy to be the observer than to be observed. And if we are the observer, we should be the observer of our inner man and not of the others. Observing our thoughts, our emotions and actions, and learning about our bad heart or inner man. This is the only way we could love God with all our heart, by taming the bad heart and enlarging the good heart. On the path for a pure heart.

Trinity
    Last edited by Trinity; 12-08-2008 at 03:59 PM.