Thread: Is Jesus The Only Way To Know God?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trinity

Hi Sayso,

Quote Originally Posted by sayso View Post
    Hello Trinity,Do you know Jesus? It is obvious you know about Him. But most of what you know seems to be from sources and men who believe Christianity and the Bible is a book of myths.
    I think people misunderstood the myth concept. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and I know he was a human being who was born during the time of Caesar Augustus and in proximity of an obscure village of the Palestine called Bethlehem.

The bible is a sacred book that contains histories and metaphors. There is truth in histories and also in the metaphors.

Jesus Christ for the whole world is the only way and it doesn't matter how many learned scholars say differently.
    Not for the eskimos and not before they had encountered the white men. The Eskimos will be judge according to their hearts and we cannot blame them for their ignorance, during a period of time where there was no missionaries.

If Jesus is only for you and me then why did He tell us to preach the Gospel to the whole world? What's the point?
    To bring more light and more revelation to the world.

If everyone can live their life believing in and choosing their own means of salvation according to their own fleshly whims and all will get the same reward then why bother to follow Jesus at all. With this kind of God there is no cost at all to follow. If you don't like what He said just find yourself someone else who won't offend you or make you uncomfortable.
    God will have to judge the eskimos and he is understanding that they never had a clue about the existence of his Son or the bible.

Romans 2:12-16
    God will punish the Gentiles when they sin, even though they never had God's written law. And he will punish the Jews when they sin, for they do have the law. For it is not merely knowing the law that brings God's approval. Those who obey the law will be declared right in God's sight. Even when Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in their hearts they know right from wrong. They demonstrate that God's law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right. The day will surely come when God, by Jesus Christ, will judge everyone's secret life. This is my message.

You, me and the eskimos, we will all be judged by Jesus. Just because we can read a bible is not an excuse to escape the judgement. We should know how to read our heart because this is what will condemn or justify us. The heart should be changed even for the christians. Unfortunately, there are christians with a weak conscience.

Read this p***age carefully and meditate on it:

1 Timothy 1:5
    The purpose of my instruction is that all the Christians there would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and sincere faith.

A pure heart...
    A clear conscience...

To believe that you can come to God through any means that makes you happy is tantamount to saying Jesus is a liar. If I believed that what He said might not be true I sure wouldn't live my life and sacrifice it for Him. But that's not what I believe and it isn't what the Bible, "God's word" says. I'm sorry that you are offended by it. I can not apologize for I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Do you have a pure heart?
    Do you have a clear conscience?

Talk less, or read less, but listen and read what is inside of you. Focus yourself on your heart and your thoughts.

I am not offended by you or about anything you had posted. I am just trying to help you to see farther.

Trinity
    Last edited by Trinity; 12-26-2008 at 01:26 PM.

sayso

I agree that it is God who will judge all. This thread isn't about judging others. It is about whether we are supposed to preach the Gospel(repent and be born again) to everyone we meet, because there is no other name under heaven by which men must be saved.

Whether it is a fact or not that every person has a chance to hear, is not an indication that we are to keep the Gospel message to ourselves for fear of offending someone.

Sharing the Gospel is not judging another. It is offering life to someone who is dying.

Paul believed that there is "no other name under heaven by which men must be saved". He defended the Gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11

1 I WISH you would bear with me while I indulge in a little [so-called] foolishness. Do bear with me!

2 For I am zealous for you with a godly eagerness and a divine jealousy, for I have betrothed you to one Husband, to present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3 But [now] I am fearful, lest that even as the serpent beguiled Eve by his cunning, so your minds may be corrupted and seduced from wholehearted and sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

4 For [you seem readily to endure it] if a man comes and preaches another Jesus than the One we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the [Spirit] you [once] received or a different gospel from the one you [then] received and welcomed; you tolerate [all that] well enough!

5 Yet I consider myself as in no way inferior to these [precious] extra-super [false] apostles.

6 But even if [I am] unskilled in speaking, yet [I am] not [unskilled] in knowledge [I know what I am talking about]; we have made this evident to you in all things.

Galatians 1:6 - 8

6 I am surprised and astonished that you are so quickly turning renegade and deserting Him Who invited and called you by the grace (unmerited favor) of Christ (the Messiah) [and that you are transferring your allegiance] to a different [even an opposition] gospel.

7 Not that there is [or could be] any other [genuine Gospel], but there are [obviously] some who are troubling and disturbing and bewildering you [with a different kind of teaching which they offer as a gospel] and want to pervert and distort the Gospel of Christ (the Messiah) [into something which it absolutely is not].

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to and different from that which we preached to you, let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)!