Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Does "Concern" Excuse Rudeness?

alanmolstad

and then it should be no trick to demonstrate forgiveness by being forgiving.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    and then it should be no trick to demonstrate forgiveness by being forgiving.
    Here let me help...I wrote this:

Forgive

Forgive,
    The scripture seemed to read,
    As once again I’d look.
    Forgive,
    The scripture clearly said,
    Annoyed I closed the book.
    “Forgive“,
    The Spirit softly spoke,
    Startled I did fear.
    Forgive,
    The Spirit louder spoke,
    I pretended not to hear.
    “Forgive“,
    The Saviour said to me,
    I quickly questioned , Why?
    “Forgive“,
    The Saviour said again,
    “For this I came to die.”

Then bitterly I cried out
    How canst thou know my pain?
    The wounds that I have suffered
    My tears that fell like rain.
    The quietly he spoke my name
    And said, “I understand”.
    Reached out that he may lift me
    With wounds in both his hands.
    Ashamed I said, How can I?
    He reminded me again,
    “For he who will not forgive,
    In him lies the greater sin.”

Forgive,
    The scripture seemed to read,
    As once again I’d look.
    Forgive,
    The scripture clearly read,
    I then embraced the book.
    “Forgive“,
    The Spirit softly spoke,
    Now I did not fear.
    “Forgive“,
    The Spirit said again,
    Once deaf, I now can hear.
    “Forgive“,
    The Saviour said to me,
    “To you this gift I give.”
    “Forgive,”
    The Savior said again,
    “Do this and ye shall live.”

William E. Lee
    Copyright 1996

alanmolstad

Can't add to that!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    In another thread a poster seemed to be (actually he was) excusing Preachers with bullhorns at Mormon events. His quote… "God bless them for caring enough about your soul."

When does "concern" excuse rudeness?
    the use of a bullhorn is up to the thing...the context at the time.

if the Mormons are in the middle of a prayer. then even if the Christians were to whisper in the middle of it it is a sin....
    shows poor manners...
    and is a bad example for others.

on the other hand...if the Christians are outside a Mormon temple, or outside walking on the sidewalk or some type of Mormon event?...then "let er rip!"

(remember the Mormons are going to burn one day so I think that would value our efforts to save them )

SO ITS DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT....

alanmolstad

so not only do I think its a good idea to use a bullhorn at Mormon events to witness to the Mormons, I am the guy who has a history of being the guy who bought the bullhorn in the first place!

The bull horns I have gotten for Preachers to use when calling out to people lost inside a cult are the same type of bullhorns used by the fire departments.

These things are LOUD!
    They are made to be heard inside buildings 100s of feet away.

I made sure they were so super-loud so that the Mormons and JWs can hear them even when they are inside their church, even with the doors closed and the music playing!

In another thread a poster seemed to be (actually he was) excusing Preachers with bullhorns at Mormon events. His quote… "God bless them for caring enough about your soul."

When does "concern" excuse rudeness?

JESUS WAS RUDE at times, calling some folks "whitewashed sepulchers" etc. So was John the Baptist, calling them 'brood of vipers. . ."

YOUR excuse?

MORMONS in these forums are just as rude as everyone else. More so quite often!

So any behavior is acceptable as long as one cares?
    Do you think JESUS and JOHN THE BAPTIST 'didn't care?' THEY were rude. I remember the terms 'whitewashed tombs. . .' and 'brood of vipers. . .'

Perhaps you don't think the mormon missionaries should be coming to our doors telling us that joey smith said that ALL OF OUR "professors" were bad, but BOY DO THEY HAVE A NICE FALSE PROPHET WE COULD FOLLOW!

Oh, that's right, your mishies don't bother to TELL THOSE TRUTHS, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I agree, do the Evangelicals have to share our Temple Ordinances, I find this more then rude, it's despicable. Mocking in some sense, not really educating people since we all know that not many lurkers or visitors frequent CARM or WM. So we really know why EV's do it.
    Would YOU go into a house of pros***ution to 'share' their stuff with you as YOU 'shared' with them?

Naah. SOME THINGS are simply inappropriate. . .even for the mormons to do.

Sharing the TRUTH about the REAL Jesus Christ (not smith's 'spirit-brother-of-satan-'jesus') is NEVER simply mocking, though mocking may be done at the same time. IT IS appropriate to mock FAKES at times, of course

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

MORMONS in these forums are just as rude as everyone else. More so quite often![/B][/COLOR]
    From reviewing the past history of this forum, from looking at the number of past members of this forum who now carry the listing of "BANNED" under their name, and from my own interaction with guests here , I have come to one conclusion, that being the following -

Religious affiliation is no guide as to predicting the ability of people to display good manners while visiting this type of message board.

The greatest cause for people to get banned is a deep-down lack of proper respect of the person for the rules.

Why do people show such bad manners and lack of respect for the rules?

The 2 main reasons I have seen from the time I have been here are -
    #1 - frustration with other guests.
    #2 - being unconvinced any consequences will result in breaking a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Could you imagine the outpouring of hostility if even one set of missionaries were going around neighborhoods with bullhorns and yelling insulting things at Christian gatherings? Of course, it really would be out of love for those people.

Would you prefer air horns? Or how about goat horns? Last time I heard, preaching CHRIST to NON-Christians, whether by airhorn or not, was USUALLY OFFENSIVE to the heathens.

People have been MURDERED for preaching the Word of GOD!

They don't like us quietly knocking on does out of concern…bullhorns would be received very well don't you think? Not!
    No,we don't much care for the jw's, mormons or other cultists coming to our doors trying to peddle their religions to us.

NON-Christians such as the white supremecists, mormons, and jws don't impress us Christians much. I guess that is why mormon missionaries are rejected so much. The NON-Christians are not impressed by you other NON-Christians much either.

But

If you sent out a gazillion 'missionaries,' you are BOUND to find a few 'suckers' who get sucked in.

Like P.T. Barnum once said (Or was it joseph smith who said it?) "There's a sucker born every minute."

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    No,we don't much care for the jw's, mormons or other cultists coming to our doors trying to peddle their religions to us.
    I believe that is your right, but do you consider Paul as one who would "peddle" his religion?

Acts 20:20-21---King James Version (KJV)
    20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,
    21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.