Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
Yes, but I see that you need further explanation. Just as you said you cannot comment on anyone's experiences but your own, I used that answer to your question. You want me to explain why the Moroni promise failed in your life. I can't do that because I'm not you. I'm positive that anything I said about it from an outsiders point of view would simply be cast off as absurd and with the disclaimer that since I'm not you or that I wasn't there I really can't know; which is quite true.
All Moroni's promise calls for is a "sincere heart, real intent, and holding faith in Christ". Here is Bill
with all that even to the point of going on a mission and yet God doesn't see fit to give him a witness of the book's truth that is promised to such as he? I know the feeling.. That same question brought me to my branch President's office and further all the way to Elder McConkie's office.. All for not.. I wanted that witness as much as any man and it was denied me as it was Bill.. Know why? Because it's not real it is a false promise!!! IHS jim