Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: A "what if" question for critics.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I don't think I had a firmly held belief about it, but I did think that God's "realm" was more than just this planet.

So, what do you believe?
    More than just this world? How about He is the creator of ALL, whether they can be seen or not.. That would mean stars and planets in distant galaxies that we can't see are still His creation.. By saying that God's realm is merely more than just this planet you are pandering to the LDS.. Stand up and defend His word.. He is the ONLY GOD THAT EXISTS (Isaiah 43:8), That He is God of all things.. IHS jim

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I thought you were once LDS. A simple reading of Abraham should clarify it for you.
    the BofA is not a translation.. It has been proven to be a copy of the Book of the dead.. God was never united in word or deed with pagans.. Yet that is just what you want to do in your insistence that there are still some missing pagers in the collection of Egyptian m****cripts Smith bought from a traveling show.. That God's word was mixed into the Pagan nonsense. This is easily seen by the poorly reconstructed facsimiles that are included in the PofPG.. Those are there, all the text listed on the same panel where they exist is ignored but some lost panel has the word of God on them? GET REAL.. IHS jim

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    More than just this world? How about He is the creator of ALL, whether they can be seen or not.. That would mean stars and planets in distant galaxies that we can't see are still His creation.. By saying that God's realm is merely more than just this planet you are pandering to the LDS.. Stand up and defend His word.. He is the ONLY GOD THAT EXISTS (Isaiah 43:8), That He is God of all things.. IHS jim
    If you're going to take things out of context, James, it's not going to make sense. That post was in reference to my belief (or understanding) as an LDS.

My belief, today, is that there is only One God, the God of All That Is.

James Banta

If you're going to take things out of context, James, it's not going to make sense. That post was in reference to my belief (or understanding) as an LDS.

My belief, today, is that there is only One God, the God of All That Is.
    Add in the ONLY GOD THAT EXISTS... IHS jim

Libby

LOL James! You are such a contrarian!

When someone says there is ONLY ONE GOD...what do you think that means??

James Banta

What is a contrarian? Is that some new age cultist?

I mean that the Lord our God is One Lord! I mean that being a witness of God I know that He is the Lord there was no other formed before Him and no other was formed after Him. I know that Jesus is the Mighty God the Everlasting Father. I know that the Father is called God by Jesus, that Jesus is called God by the Holy Spirit and that the Apostle Peter called the Holy Spirit God.. Yet Jesus confirmed that The Lord our God is one Lord.. So how is that possible.. That these three who are all referred to as God in the scripture are ONE BEING, ONE ESSENCE.

As I have shown in the past there is one space. It is infinite. Yet within that space there are three separate and distinct dimensions. Each one infinite and therefore contain all the point in space that can exist. These dimension are never separate, together they are the one space where we move and have our being.. That is the best example I can show you of the oneness of God.. The Bible tell us we can know Him by His creation, space is His creation..

Without knowing at least that which is so clearly taught in the scripture of God there is no salvation.. IHS jim

Libby

I mean that the Lord our God is One Lord!
    Yes, that's exactly what it means. Good ***.

Libby

What is a contrarian?
    A contrarian is a person who takes up a contrary position, a person who seems to be "contrary for the sake of being contrary"...

James Banta

A contrarian is a person who takes up a contrary position, a person who seems to be "contrary for the sake of being contrary"...
    Then by the dictionary that is what you are as well..

Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    con·trar·i·an

noun \kən-ˈtrer-ē-ən, kän-\ : a person who takes an opposite or different position or at***ude from other people

Are you doing just what that definition says? I admit that I have many different positions or at***ude than those of other people.. Seems you do to. There is nothing I saw that says anything about doing so for the sake of doing so.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 05-07-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Libby

Then by the dictionary that is what you are as well..

Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    con·trar·i·an

noun \kən-ˈtrer-ē-ən, kän-\ : a person who takes an opposite or different position or at***ude from other people

Are you doing just what that definition says? I admit that I have many different positions or at***ude than those of other people.. Seems you do to. There is nothing I saw that says anything about doing so for the sake of doing so.. IHS jim
    Well, then, you weren't looking at the same definition I was. Doing it just for the sake of it, is exactly what I meant, in reference to yourself. It seems, when you get a little ticked at someone, you start being a contrarian, just for the sake of it.

This is the sense in which I was using it.

contrarian (kənˈtrɛərɪən)

— n
    a contrary or obstinate person

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/contrarian

A contrarian is a person who takes up a contrary position, a person who seems to be "contrary for the sake of being contrary,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrarian

You can change that to obstinate, if you like or argumentative.

James Banta

Well, then, you weren't looking at the same definition I was. Doing it just for the sake of it, is exactly what I meant, in reference to yourself. It seems, when you get a little ticked at someone, you start being a contrarian, just for the sake of it.

This is the sense in which I was using it.

contrarian (kənˈtrɛərɪən)

— n
    a contrary or obstinate person

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/contrarian

A contrarian is a person who takes up a contrary position, a person who seems to be "contrary for the sake of being contrary,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrarian

You can change that to obstinate, if you like or argumentative.
    Looks like the definition is so varying that you could mean just about anything you wanted to in using it.. How about this.. We don't talk about personaities as to condemn one another.. Lets discuss issues of mormonism as compared to Christianity.. And if you see mormonism as Christianity I show you that you are wrong. If I am attacking them more than Jesus attacked those during His mortal ministry that looked to Abraham, or the Law for their salvation.. If you again start pandering them as to tell them that "I'am ok you're ok", I will ask you to stop.. IHS jim

Libby

How about this.. We don't talk about personaities as to condemn one another..
    I will agree to that much. That's all I've asked of you, all along.

Libby

If you again start pandering them as to tell them that "I'am ok you're ok", I will ask you to stop..
    This, I would consider breaking your promise, above, not to discuss personalities in a condemning way.

James Banta

This, I would consider breaking your promise, above, not to discuss personalities in a condemning way.
    Not at all I said if I get too sharp in my attacks on mormonism you can correct me, just as I will correct you if you soft peddle too much.. I know you don't like the word pandering but to pander would be to give the LDS what they want, that is recognition of their religion as christian. That would mean they are justified to have their arrogant argument that all Churches have some truth, they just have more.. Pandering isn't a personal weakness it is a behavior.. If I am overbearing tell me and I'll back off if you pander I tell you and you can stop it.. IHS jim

Libby

Not at all I said if I get too sharp in my attacks on mormonism you can correct me, just as I will correct you if you soft peddle too much.. I know you don't like the word pandering but to pander would be to give the LDS what they want, that is recognition of their religion as christian. That would mean they are justified to have their arrogant argument that all Churches have some truth, they just have more.. Pandering isn't a personal weakness it is a behavior.. If I am overbearing tell me and I'll back off if you pander I tell you and you can stop it.. IHS jim
    No, I don't want to monitor your behavior, James. And, I don't want you monitoring mine. You just do what you feel is right and I will try very hard not to criticize. I would appreciate it, if you can do the same for me.

Well for Mormons it means there are millions of celestial gods that once were men, but that only one reigns over planet earth? What would Yogananda say?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

No, I don't want to monitor your behavior, James. And, I don't want you monitoring mine. You just do what you feel is right and I will try very hard not to criticize. I would appreciate it, if you can do the same for me.
    So, what's your religious affiliation now? Mormon (I think you've been that twice, right); Christian, or a Hindu follower of Yogananda who said everything is a dream? I think folks here have the right to know.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Libby

I've always been a follower of Christ, no matter the "church".

I think I told you before that I attend a Christian Reformed Church.

I don't know why you think anyone needs to know that. A lot of people are not as open about their affiliations, as I have been.

I have not been in an LDS Church since 2009. That's five years out.

Bologna! You cannot follow Christ and follow the "other Christ" of Mormonism, and certainly not the dreaming Hindu, Yogananda. This means you do not know the genuine Jesus.

But don't seem to understand election. I see.

I don't know why you think anyone needs to know that. A lot of people are not as open about their affiliations, as I have been.

What of double-mindedness? You consistently defend Mormonism here as far as I can see. Why is that? You think Joseph Smith was a genuine prophet?

So what? After that didn't you get invovled with Yoga Hinduism? How could you do that? And if anybody doubts that, they can simply go to the Hindu site on WM and see where I debated you.

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    So what? After that didn't you get invovled with Yoga Hinduism? How could you do that? And if anybody doubts that, they can simply go to the Hindu site on WM and see where I debated you.

Where have you seen me deny that? What is your point? Do you really think Christians are perfect and never have doubts or explore various sides of Christianity? I've always been a seeker and always will be. But, I will also always be a Christian.

I understand the Calvinist view of "election". I considered myself a Calvinist for awhile, which is why I am in a Reformed Church. But, I have come to believe and understand it is not really the correct view of God's election. I'm not even sure, exactly, what the correct view is...I just know that it has to involve man's will, in order to be "just" and to maintain man's responsibility in whether or not he turns to God.

neverending

If a person had TRULY accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, there would be NO need to explore any other religions. One would find a church home where only the Bible is taught, nothing else. Libby, it is hard for me and all other Christians here to accept your word that you are Born Again.

James Banta

You have two ways to stop me.. 1. Stop pandering to the LDS 2. Leave this channel.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

You have two ways to stop me.. 1. Stop pandering to the LDS 2. Leave this channel.. IHS jim
    Ok,,,or...being this is yet another attempt to push someone away from the forum that has just as much right to post here as anyone....I suggest that perhaps a REPORT POST might be also on the agenda of things to try....

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Ok,,,or...being this is yet another attempt to push someone away from the forum that has just as much right to post here as anyone....I suggest that perhaps a REPORT POST might be also on the agenda of things to try....
    Do it! Jill and I have spoken about this.. She agrees that I have the right to ask anyone to leave as long as I make it clear that I have no right to force my will on anyone. So you do what you have to do. I have no fear of what Jill or any one that has authority over the forum will do.. I hate threats.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

Do it! Jill and I have spoken about this.. She agrees that I have the right to ask anyone to leave as long as I make it clear that I have no right to force my will on anyone. So you do what you have to do. I have no fear of what Jill or any one that has authority over the forum will do.. I hate threats.. IHS jim
    You are now acting like a bully