Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: A "what if" question for critics.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    You are now acting like a bully
    I am acting like a bully? I never threatened you.. You were the one that came to me with threats.. You want to report me, then do it.. You don't need to try to get me to agree with you by threat.. Just make your reports.. IHS jim

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    You have two ways to stop me.. 1. Stop pandering to the LDS 2. Leave this channel.. IHS jim
    Yes, you ARE bullying, James. The above is a threat that you will continue to har*** me, unless I do your bidding. I either have to LEAVE or play by YOUR RULES or you are going to continue to follow me around, har***ing me, after I have simply asked you to leave me alone.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Yes, you ARE bullying, James. The above is a threat that you will continue to har*** me, unless I do your bidding. I either have to LEAVE or play by YOUR RULES or you are going to continue to follow me around, har***ing me, after I have simply asked you to leave me alone.
    That is a statement tat I will continue to question you as you pander to the LDS.. That is all it is.. If you were a Christin you wouldn't try to divide the Church into little pieces.. You bring up GARBAGE that you say divides us, I bring up the facts that in the God we worship and the salvation He has provided for us by His grace through faith in Jesus the Church is in 100% agreement.. You are teaching error, I am teaching His truth.. IHS jim

Where have you seen me deny that? What is your point? Do you really think Christians are perfect and never have doubts or explore various sides of Christianity? I've always been a seeker and always will be. But, I will also always be a Christian.

I understand the Calvinist view of "election". I considered myself a Calvinist for awhile, which is why I am in a Reformed Church. But, I have come to believe and understand it is not really the correct view of God's election. I'm not even sure, exactly, what the correct view is...I just know that it has to involve man's will, in order to be "just" and to maintain man's responsibility in whether or not he turns to God.
    I don't care if you consider yourself a Calvinist-Arminian-Sacramentalist-Roman Catholic! This forum is NOT to argue with Christians and pus=sy foot around the disgusting depravity of Mormon doctrine which denies Our Lord's Deity and mocks salvation by grace and teaches that there are millions and millions of exalted male gods fully equipped with male sex organs for reproducing themselves across the universe. In other words, the forum is not about YOU! Address Mormon heresies and stop arguing with a Christian like Jim!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I don't care if you consider yourself a Calvinist-Arminian-Sacramentalist-Roman Catholic! This forum is NOT to argue with Christians and pus=sy foot around the disgusting depravity of Mormon doctrine which denies Our Lord's Deity and mocks salvation by grace. In other words, the forum is not about YOU! Address Mormon heresies and stop arguing with a Christian like Jim!
    Oh?.......

Well, I think things are going fine....

and if someone has anything they want to say?...then I think we should welcome the new comments and look forward to even more!

Libby

I agree, Alan. No one is stopping anyone from discussing whatever they want. As a matter of fact, you put up a thread on Mormonism, not long ago, that James highjacked with his false allegations about me, supposedly, pandering (which he has yet to prove).

I don't argue with James, Apollogette. He makes false allegations and I ask him to prove them. I've actually had him on "ignore" most of the time I have been here, but he still continues to follow me around and misrepresents most everything I say and then asks me to leave (which is a bad habit of his...he has done this to a lot of people).

I don't want trouble with anyone, but neither will I be a doormat.

alanmolstad

I agree, Alan. No one is stopping anyone from discussing whatever they want. As a matter of fact, you put up a thread on Mormonism, not long ago, that James highjacked with his false allegations about me, supposedly, pandering (which he has yet to prove).

I don't argue with James, Apollogette. He makes false allegations and I ask him to prove them. I've actually had him on "ignore" most of the time I have been here, but he still continues to follow me around and misrepresents most everything I say and then asks me to leave (which is a bad habit of his...he has done this to a lot of people).

I think everyone also has to step up the watchfulness when it comes to the type of "bullying" we have seen attempted against you as of late, and to report it quickly when observed, and to warn others not to think that just being a Christian means you can get away with it around here.

Libby

I agree. Unfortunately, this board doesn't seem to be well monitored, anymore. So, not sure that is very helpful.

alanmolstad

I agree. Unfortunately, this board doesn't seem to be well monitored, anymore. So, not sure that is very helpful.
    With so few posters, it means that one or two of the main posters (like yourself) take on the role of being able to control the flow of conversations a lot better.

If the forum was real busy then your posts and my posts would get lost in the pile soon after we click them onto the forum.

But because there are so few of us, if I decide that some so-N-so has started to act toward me or others with bad manners, then I can simply put them on IGNORE for a day or two, and unless they like talking to themselves, they better learn their lesson and play nice.

Libby

WM board (even in it's past incarnation) was never very busy. It would go for weeks at a time without even one post. I thought this new board might revive it...and it did for awhile...but, soon fell back into it's old pattern of low activity.

alanmolstad

WM board (even in it's past incarnation) was never very busy. It would go for weeks at a time without even one post. I thought this new board might revive it...and it did for awhile...but, soon fell back into it's old pattern of low activity.

where two or three are gathered.......

if this place were busy I doubt you would have ever noticed me.....

Libby

I don't know, I noticed you the first time you ever showed up, because you were encouraging everyone to "be nice"...and I liked that. lol

James Banta

I don't know, I noticed you the first time you ever showed up, because you were encouraging everyone to "be nice"...and I liked that. lol
    I guess that means you hate those that call sinners sinners.. I guess you hate Jesus because He called sinners sons of the devil. I guess you hate Him for calling that same group VIPERS.. And me for calling the believing LDS unregenerate sinners because they believe they enter this world clean and become sinners.. That they put the words of a man over the teaching of Jesus given to us through His word that they also deny.. That they deny the Bible the same as you have.. They won't tell us where the Bible is mistranslated but still insist that it is.. Yes being nice is a wonderful way of following Jesus isn't it.. If any of them would like to sit down and really examine their beliefs against what Jesus really taught. I or any other Christian here and I mean Christian not a person that believes a works we can do is a requirement for salvation or a person that has believed in other gods but a real Christian that know that Jesus is the Word and the Word is God.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

thanks Libby

i like to think that good manners reflect well on our parents....

You are trying to cause division here by discussing Calvinism vs.Arminianism. What does that have to do with Mormonism, and what is your purpose for doing so, other than to cause confusion here? Why not discuss the Mormon belief that Jesus is a creature and the brother of another creature named Satan? How about addressing Mormonism instead of using Calvin as yours (and Alan's) collective whipping boy?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    thanks Libby

i like to think that good manners reflect well on our parents....
    Indeed....and our Father in Heaven.

James Banta

You are trying to cause division here by discussing Calvinism vs.Arminianism. What does that have to do with Mormonism, and what is your purpose for doing so, other than to cause confusion here? Why not discuss the Mormon belief that Jesus is a creature and the brother of another creature named Satan? How about addressing Mormonism instead of using Calvin as yours (and Alan's) collective whipping boy?
    There is another channel on the forum that is better suited for such a discussion. It doesn't and shouldn't be conducted on a channel that is meant for the discussion of Mormonism.. I think it is very rude to try to take over a channel with discussions off subject not only to the subject of a thread but off subject to the entire channel.. Looks like Libby and Alan have decided to make this the Calvimism vs Arminian channel no matter what it was meant to be.. I think this channel would be better off if both of them were to leave.. IHS jim

TrueBlue?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    TrueBlue---do you ever wonder why we come. I keep praying that those who really want to know about our beliefs and doctrines will go to the source. I suppose that those who want dirt will always find it just as the Pharisees did of Christ. If they can find fault with One who is perfect, how much more so can they find dirt on those who are not.
    I see your point. I am thankful for the few LDS who suffer to come here and still give answers to what may seem like outlandish charges to us, but seem very real to those who are either new to the faith or on a rocky point in their life. The posters here will always find new and inventive ways to make the same charges in very different ways. I have often come here to solely read the answers given by you and a couple others here because of how well you answer the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    When speaking about the Book of Mormon, some critics wonder why the golden plates, why they were taken, why we can't see them, etc. Libby has suggested that were the golden plates still around and people were able to see them, that would at least give her a reason to look into the LDS faith's claims closer, but she admits that it would not convince her to align with that faith as there are other issues she has about Mormonism.

So here is the question for non-LDS:

If you were able to see the golden plates, and you were ***ured they were authentic and that they were what they are purported to be, what are the other issues that you have with Mormonism that would keep you from accepting its message?
    Well, Sir, aka Apollos, maybe if we were able to see Martians we'd believe in them.

MickeyS

Well, Sir, aka Apollos, maybe if we were able to see Martians we'd believe in them.
    Oh Catherine, you're a hoot

so if you were able to see God then you'd believe in HIM?
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Maybe you and your buddy Apollos can find that on my Facebook page - after all, who else but YOU knew that information Jeff, NRAJeff?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Maybe you and your buddy Apollos can find that on my Facebook page - after all, who else but YOU knew that information Jeff, NRAJeff?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    Oh Catherine, you're a hoot
    Better a Hoot than a Fool.

Jeff (Phoenix) is back to posting on CARM.......he'll be back shortly, as he usually ends up getting infractions due to his snarky comments.