Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Results 701 to 719 of 719

Thread: A "what if" question for critics.

  1. #701
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    ***uming the BoM is what it says it is, and understanding that LDS can reconcile that Isaiah verse quite easily and harmoniously with the BoM and LDS doctrine, what other reason would you give to not be aligned with the LDS faith?

    INCLUDING the d&c132 where it tells you that you can BECOME A GOD, or pgp abraham 4 where it says "they (that is, the Gods). . .?"

    Sorry, but such reconcilliation is totally impossible. There CAN BE NO OTHER GODS and OTHER GODS at the same ti
    me.

  2. #702
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    so if you were able to see God then you'd believe in HIM?



    GOD I know. HIM I believe in TOTALLY. YOUR gods I am not interested in meeting. . .

  3. #703
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I am acting like a bully? I never threatened you.. You were the one that came to me with threats.. You want to report me, then do it.. You don't need to try to get me to agree with you by threat.. Just make your reports.. IHS jim


    Just in case Jim was wondering....

    I decided that a few of Jim's posts did seem to me to need to be reviewed, as I believed that we should always try to encourage people to post more, and not keep asking people to go away all the time.

    I mean Jim can sure post the stuff the way he wants, but its just that I sure dont want to have to listen to the same guy always asking anyone who dared to disagree with him to go away
    He even told me to go away after we disagreed on some type of minor point on the book of Genesis.
    It got to the point where people were being told to go away when there was really so very few posters here anyway one has to ask who would be left here to talk to?.........

    and so, I believe some of his posts were reviewed......

    Im not sure of how that ended? , (well except for later I noticed the word "BANNED"appeared under his name)


    ......enough said

  4. #704
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post



    GOD I know. HIM I believe in TOTALLY. YOUR gods I am not interested in meeting. . .
    Exactly, Christian. The "gods" of Mormonism are exalted finite beings. Why would anybody trade the True and Living God, YHWH, for an "exalted" Mormon?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  5. #705
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post


    GOD I know.
    have you seen God?? that other poster sneeringly seemed to imply that you can't know something unless you've seen it.

    you think that posters statement is false??
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

    "If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

  6. #706
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    [QUOTE=Phoenix;168677]have you seen God?? that other poster sneeringly seemed to imply that you can't know something unless you've seen it.

    you think that posters statement is false??[/QUOTE

    Yes, I have seen God IN HIS HANDIWORK. I have seen my sons when they were newborns. I have seen a flower, and I have seen lives changed in ways no HUMAN could have made it happen.

    Do I think that poster's statement is false?? I have no idea. . .I haven't READ it, don't know what he/she said, OR the context in which it was said.

    Just because YOU jump to strange conclusions does not mean I should.

    But then, you are a mormon. . .. . .aren't you? Such poor reasoning skills seem to come with that territory.


  7. #707
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Exactly, Christian. The "gods" of Mormonism are exalted finite beings. Why would anybody trade the True and Living God, YHWH, for an "exalted" Mormon?
    Mormons believe we are eternal in nature. Because God knows all and all are present to Him, if we have ever existed, we have always existed in some form to him.

    But strange you should criticize us for believing that God will exalt us...

    1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  8. #708
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    728

    Default

    [QUOTE=Christian;168914]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Yes, I have seen God IN HIS HANDIWORK. I have seen my sons when they were newborns. I have seen a flower, and I have seen lives changed in ways no HUMAN could have made it happen.
    you have seen God, you say? and God looks like a newborn and a flower ?

    So then you don't believe that god is invisible, and it's impossible for anyone to see him?

    Just because YOU jump to strange conclusions does not mean I should.
    um, just because you worship and pray to something that looks like a flower, does not mean I should.

    praying to flowers seems weird.
    But then, you are a hater of mormons, :. . .aren't you? Such poor reasoning skills seem to come with that territory
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

    "If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

  9. #709
    teenapenny
    Guest

    Default

    [QUOTE=Phoenix;168954]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    you have seen God, you say? and God looks like a newborn and a flower ?

    So then you don't believe that god is invisible, and it's impossible for anyone to see him?


    um, just because you worship and pray to something that looks like a flower, does not mean I should.

    praying to flowers seems weird.
    But then, you are a hater of mormons, :. . .aren't you? Such poor reasoning skills seem to come with that territory
    You do not understand what was said. We also see God with our heart.

  10. #710
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default They follow a false religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    ***uming the BoM is what it says it is, and understanding that LDS can reconcile that Isaiah verse quite easily and harmoniously with the BoM and LDS doctrine, what other reason would you give to not be aligned with the LDS faith?
    From the Book of Abraham, Chapter 4 (highlighting mine):


    1 And then the Lord said: Let us go down. And they went down at the beginning, and they, that is the Gods, organized and formed the heavens and the earth.

    2 And the earth, after it was formed, was empty and desolate, because they had not formed anything but the earth; and darkness reigned upon the face of the deep, and the Spirit of the Gods was brooding upon the face of the waters.

    3 And they (the Gods) said: Let there be light; and there was light.

    4 And they (the Gods) comprehended the light, for it was bright; and they divided the light, or caused it to be divided, from the darkness.

    5 And the Gods called the light Day, and the darkness they called Night. And it came to p*** that from the evening until morning they called night; and from the morning until the evening they called day; and this was the first, or the beginning, of that which they called day and night.

    6 And the Gods also said: Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and it shall divide the waters from the waters.

    7 And the Gods ordered the expanse, so that it divided the waters which were under the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so, even as they ordered.

    8 And the Gods called the expanse, Heaven. And it came to p*** that it was from evening until morning that they called night; and it came to p*** that it was from morning until evening that they called day; and this was the second time that they called night and day.

    9 And the Gods ordered, saying: Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the earth come up dry; and it was so as they ordered;

    THE TRUTH REMAINS that there is only ONE REAL GOD EXTANT ANYWHERE according to the Bible (Isaiah 43:10, 44:9 etc etc etc) .

    THE TRUTH remains that your mormon godlets are FALSE gods. . .making the religion that follows them a FALSE RELIGION..

  11. #711
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    [QUOTE=Phoenix;168954]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    you have seen God, you say? and God looks like a newborn and a flower ?

    So then you don't believe that god is invisible, and it's impossible for anyone to see him?


    um, just because you worship and pray to something that looks like a flower, does not mean I should.

    praying to flowers seems weird.
    But then, you are a hater of mormons, :. . .aren't you? Such poor reasoning skills seem to come with that territory

    You DO have a problem. . .I posted

    Yes, I have seen God IN HIS HANDIWORK. I have seen my sons when they were newborns. I have seen a flower, and I have seen lives changed in ways no HUMAN could have made it happen.


    If you have kids and have not 'seen God' in them at their birth, and if you 'have not seen God' in the lives of people HE HAS CHANGED, I pity you.

    Do I do your imaginary 'worshiping or praying to something that looks like a flower' Of course not! I HOPE you are not stupid enough to think I said I did. You DO seem to have a sad 'logic-impairment' however. . .

    And I pity for you, and pray for your soul.

  12. #712
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    [QUOTE=Phoenix;168954]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

    Originally Posted by Phoenix [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]
    Yes, I have seen God IN HIS HANDIWORK. I have seen my sons when they were newborns. I have seen a flower, and I have seen lives changed in ways no HUMAN could have made it happen.
    you have seen God, you say? and God looks like a newborn and a flower ?

    So then you don't believe that god is invisible, and it's impossible for anyone to see him?


    um, just because you worship and pray to something that looks like a flower, does not mean I should.

    praying to flowers seems weird.
    But then, you are a hater of mormons, :. . .aren't you? Such poor reasoning skills seem to come with that territory

    You DO have a problem. . .I posted

    Yes, I have seen God IN HIS HANDIWORK. I have seen my sons when they were newborns. I have seen a flower, and I have seen lives changed in ways no HUMAN could have made it happen.


    If you have kids and have not 'seen God' in them at their birth, and if you 'have not seen God' in the lives of people HE HAS CHANGED, I pity you.

    Do I do your imaginary 'worshiping or praying to something that looks like a flower' Of course not! I HOPE you are not stupid enough to think I said I did. You DO seem to have a sad 'logic-impairment' however. . .

    And I pity for you, and pray for your soul. Your pathetic attempt to 'twist my words' is a sorry excuse for 'reasoned discourse.'

  13. #713
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    [QUOTE=Phoenix;168954]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

    Originally Posted by Phoenix [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]
    Yes, I have seen God IN HIS HANDIWORK. I have seen my sons when they were newborns. I have seen a flower, and I have seen lives changed in ways no HUMAN could have made it happen.
    you have seen God, you say? and God looks like a newborn and a flower ?

    So then you don't believe that god is invisible, and it's impossible for anyone to see him?


    um, just because you worship and pray to something that looks like a flower, does not mean I should.

    praying to flowers seems weird.
    But then, you are a hater of mormons, :. . .aren't you? Such poor reasoning skills seem to come with that territory

    You DO have a problem. . .I posted

    Yes, I have seen God IN HIS HANDIWORK. I have seen my sons when they were newborns. I have seen a flower, and I have seen lives changed in ways no HUMAN could have made it happen.


    If you have kids and have not 'seen God' in them at their birth, and if you 'have not seen God' in the lives of people HE HAS CHANGED, I pity you.

    Do I do your imaginary 'worshiping or praying to something that looks like a flower' Of course not! I HOPE you are not stupid enough to think I said I did. You DO seem to have a sad 'logic-impairment' however. . .

    And I pity for you, and pray for your soul. Your pathetic attempt to 'twist my words' is a sorry excuse for 'reasoned discourse.'

  14. #714
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    [QUOTE=Christian;169081]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

    You DO have a problem. . .I posted



    If you have kids and have not 'seen God' in them at their birth, and if you 'have not seen God' in the lives of people HE HAS CHANGED, I pity you.

    Do I do your imaginary 'worshiping or praying to something that looks like a flower' Of course not! I HOPE you are not stupid enough to think I said I did. You DO seem to have a sad 'logic-impairment' however. . .

    And I pity for you, and pray for your soul. Your pathetic attempt to 'twist my words' is a sorry excuse for 'reasoned discourse.'
    And yet I thought you were the one arguing that a person cannot see God because he is invisible--and yet you argue you have seen him.

    But on this, we can agree--we can see the nature of God all around us, who He is through His creations. God, who is all powerful, designed the family, man and woman to be one flesh. He designed that we procreate--that his creations in turn create.

    So interesting then, that with this "seeing" that you say you see of God, that you would criticize me for believing in eternal marriage when God designed it. But have you ever asked yourself why God would create you, teach you to marry, command us to have children, and then sacrifice his Son to save and resurrect you--would then do the two most ungodly things of divorcing you and sterilizing your now perfected body? When did God ever become a God that divides and stops the creative process?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  15. #715
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    'big' posted"

    And yet I thought you were the one arguing that a person cannot see God because he is invisible--and yet you argue you have seen him.
    v
    You cannot physically see God; HE IS invisible (the Bible that you don't believe says so). YOU CAN SEE HIS WORKS (which is what I was talking about so simply that even a moron could understand it.
    Your little 'word games simply don't work, 'big.'

    But on this, we can agree--we can see the nature of God all around us, who He is through His creations. God, who is all powerful, designed the family, man and woman to be one flesh. He designed that we procreate--that his creations in turn create.

    'But joe smith said he saw Jesus, no he saw angels, no he saw the Father (invisible God) and his son 'jesus' physically in a 'clearing' in the woods. WHICH first vision story is the TRUTH? He doesn't seem to be able to remember his made-up stories straight!

    So interesting then, that with this "seeing" that you say you see of God, that you would criticize me for believing in eternal marriage when God designed it.

    Except the REAL GOD did NOT design it; joey smith made that junk up.

    But have you ever asked yourself why God would create you, teach you to marry, command us to have children, and then sacrifice his Son to save and resurrect you--would then do the two most ungodly things of divorcing you and sterilizing your now perfected body?

    Do you make this dung up as you go? Or is it just apart of your normal thinking?

    When did God ever become a God that divides and stops the creative process?

    On the Sabbath. On the Cross. THE BIBLE SAYS:

    1 Cor 7:39
    39 A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

    Matt 22:25-30
    Now there were with us seven brothers. The first died after he had married, and having no offspring, left his wife to his brother. 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, even to the seventh. 27 Last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her."


    29 Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.
    NKJV



    Let's see now. . .the woman is no longer married to her first husband after he dies; she can remarry and not sin. And there are no marriages or married folks in heaven but all are LIKE ANGELS (there is NOT ONE "mr angel' or 'mrs angel' in the Bible ANYWHERE!

    And Joey smith's made-up junk falls back into the toilet with the rest of his stuff. . .

  16. #716
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    You cannot physically see God; HE IS invisible (the Bible that you don't believe says so).
    This Bible?

    Luke 24:39---King James Version (KJV)
    39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

    So--you don't believe Jesus Christ is God?

    Is God a resurrected man of flesh and bones?

  17. #717
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    This Bible?

    Luke 24:39---King James Version (KJV)
    39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

    So--you don't believe Jesus Christ is God?

    Is God a resurrected man of flesh and bones?
    The answer is:
    Jesus is both fully God,,,,therefore pure spirit , thus totally invisible, and fully human, thus flesh.


    In his nature as God, he is pure spirit and therefore the equal of the father.

    In his nature as human, he is flesh and has a body and all that come with the normal human being..



    So having two totally different natures in the one person means that While we can say "Jesus is God" we should not confuse this to mean that the Father has a body of flesh, for that is not the teaching of the Bible...

  18. #718
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    This Bible?

    Luke 24:39---King James Version (KJV)
    39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

    So--you don't believe Jesus Christ is God?

    Is God a resurrected man of flesh and bones?

    The FATHER is not. NEITHER is the Holy Spirit. The SON of God IS. And yes, HE IS GOD TOO.

    But Jesus is NOT a 'spirit-brother' of the demon satan as YOUR 'jesus' is.

  19. #719
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    oh....and there is a reason Smith never let anyone else see the plates....there is a good reason...

    They were fake.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •