Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: As of late the mormons of the forum:

James Banta

Default As of late the mormons of the forum:

As of late the mormons of the forum seem to be unable or unwilling to give an answer to EVERYONE who asks them for the hope within them..
    1 Peter 3:15-16
    But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
    Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

It seems that they aren't ready to give answers while we the Christians of Walter Martin are still here ready to obey this command of God the Holy Spirit given to us through the Apostle Peter.. Jesus is our hope.. A hope, a faith we can't generate in ourselves but is THE gift of God to us. Shown, by testified though and proven to our hearts that Jesus is God.. A witness I proudly stand in.. Not because some man told me but God in His word taught my heart and made me His.. This is proof that they are trusting in themselves and the message of a man.. This is proof that we are trusting in the message of the LORD GOD.. IHS jim

Snow Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    As of late the mormons of the forum seem to be unable or unwilling to give an answer to EVERYONE who asks them for the hope within them...

It seems that they aren't ready to give answers while we the Christians of Walter Martin are still here ready to obey this command of God the Holy Spirit given to us through the Apostle Peter.. Jesus is our hope.. A hope, a faith we can't generate in ourselves but is THE gift of God to us. Shown, by testified though and proven to our hearts that Jesus is God.. A witness I proudly stand in.. Not because some man told me but God in His word taught my heart and made me His.. This is proof that they are trusting in themselves and the message of a man.. This is proof that we are trusting in the message of the LORD GOD.. IHS jim

Jim, I find your post a little curious. Did you not post this today? "Attack what I say.. Attack my logic in the interpretation but lay off the personally attacks please.. " How is your post NOT in contridiction to what you said earlier? Granted, you didn't name anyone individually, but that is just splitting hairs. You made the individual posters the subject rather than the religion. After reading what you wrote earlier, in my opinion that is very hypocritical of you to write. My guess is that you won't recognize it, but other sure will.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Jim, I find your post a little curious. Did you not post this today? "Attack what I say.. Attack my logic in the interpretation but lay off the personally attacks please.. " How is your post NOT in contridiction to what you said earlier? Granted, you didn't name anyone individually, but that is just splitting hairs. You made the individual posters the subject rather than the religion. After reading what you wrote earlier, in my opinion that is very hypocritical of you to write. My guess is that you won't recognize it, but other sure will.
    Of course we all see it.

But James seems to confuse LDS answering and explaining every detail of our belief to those who already outright reject it and have zero interest in trying to understand it with sharing the hope that is within us.

Sharing the hope of Jesus in me does not mean I am required to provide as many prooftexts as I can to hopefully change the mind/ view of someone who already believes against everything LDS.

Although, if we take James' words to their logical conclusions, then the hope that lies in the critics of Mormonism is not really majorly focused on Jesus. Their hope is in trying to destroy the LDS with whatever argument du jour they have discovered recently.

TheSword99

This is what has been going on. The lds on here still will not discuss Mormonism. Still will not give direct, straight forward answers. Instead, the habit has been to pick on the words in our posts and then pick on us. This is really getting childish and tedious.

Christ commanded we carry out the Great Commission. He didn't ask or say it was optional, but that all true believers in Him must take His Gospel to our neighborhood and to the world.. I believe the reason the lds do not carry out this command is because you believe in universal salavtion. That all men will be in some heaven in the hereafter. But God's word does not teach this. Hell is real and it is for those who believe in a false gospel or no gospel. Those who reject the one true Christ who is God, always was and always will be. The lds does not understand the urgency of getting people saved in these last days. There will be no 2nd chances after we die. God's word says Its appointed once for man to die, then what? JUDGMENT!

Luke 16 tells us our fate is sealed at death. That is why James and I are on here everyday almost. Because the Gospel of Jesus Christ (and there is only ONE Gospel), must be preached. Satan has lulled millions into a kind of complacency, a false sense of security that we all are going to some level of heaven. But satan is a liar and the father of lies. Hell is a real place and its not just for satan and the son of perdition. Its for those who preach a different Christ, as well as those who reject Him. Jesus said unless you are spiritually born again, you will die in your sins. The lds has yet to deal with his sins. By grace we are saved and not of works. The lds is still working and striving and trying to be perfect in obedience to many laws, commandments and ordinances, but you are spinning your wheels as perfect obedience can't be done. Therefore, the lds knows nothing about the forgiveness of Christ.

TheSword99

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Of course we all see it.

But James seems to confuse LDS answering and explaining every detail of our belief to those who already outright reject it and have zero interest in trying to understand it with sharing the hope that is within us.

Sharing the hope of Jesus in me does not mean I am required to provide as many prooftexts as I can to hopefully change the mind/ view of someone who already believes against everything LDS.

Although, if we take James' words to their logical conclusions, then the hope that lies in the critics of Mormonism is not really majorly focused on Jesus. Their hope is in trying to destroy the LDS with whatever argument du jour they have discovered recently.
    In being Christ's representatives on earth, we must be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks. It is not true that we don't have an interest in the lds and what he believes and why he believes it. Its when these beliefs do not line up with God's word that forces us to question those beliefs. What you and the other lds view as criticism on our part is actually our holding you accountable to teaching truth. Where is Truth? Jesus said: "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is Truth." What was He referring to? God and His Word, God's very Oracles, written down and preserved just as He promised, in order that men not go astray and believe in a false gospel.

What is the hope of the lds? The hope of Jesus in him, or the hope of becoming god? Was this not also the desire of satan, the liar and father of lies?

James Banta

Many times the LDS posters here seem to need some encouragement to get involved in the threads.. That what I was doing.. Trying to get LDS posters to not be so dismissive of real issues in discussion of the topics on the channel.. I hope you will be around and show one and all the Biblical teachings found in mormonism, or at least try to show them..

I pointed at on individual here on this channel.. If you thought I did maybe that in a conviction for the way you have been thinking about posting here.. All I saw was posts from Christians at near 3 or 4 to one those of the LDS posters.. I hope you are back.. You really do add a lot to the conversation and purpose of the forum.. IHS jim

Sir

Many times the LDS posters here seem to need some encouragement to get involved in the threads.. That what I was doing.. Trying to get LDS posters to not be so dismissive of real issues in discussion of the topics on the channel.. I hope you will be around and show one and all the Biblical teachings found in mormonism, or at least try to show them..

I pointed at on individual here on this channel.. If you thought I did maybe that in a conviction for the way you have been thinking about posting here.. All I saw was posts from Christians at near 3 or 4 to one those of the LDS posters.. I hope you are back.. You really do add a lot to the conversation and purpose of the forum.. IHS jim
    What is the ratio of active LDS posters here with active non-LDS posters here?

James Banta

Of course we all see it.

Let me say a word of agreement to an LDS apostle in this matter:
    Convince us of our errors of doctrine, if we have any, by reason, by logical arguments, or by the word of God, and we will be ever grateful for the information, and you will ever have the pleasing reflection that you have been instruments in the hands of God of redeeming your fellow beings from the darkness which you may see enveloping their minds" (The Seer, pp. 15-16).

Have you tried to do this? I haven't seen any reason, logical arguments, or by a overwhelming pronouncement of the word of God that shows any of us here that mormonism is God's one true church..

On the other hand we have shown you what the priesthood really is, what the temple was for. We have shown you that even Abraham was saved by faith. We have proved that salvation come to mankind by the grace of God through faith in Jesus and that works no matter how good can't do the ***.. That without faith is is impossible to please Him (Heb 11:6).. That works are the sign over our heads to those around us that we are what we say we are, children of the Most High..

It is the Christian here that accept the Church as it was set up by Jesus. We haven't gone back in and tried to recreate what he has already accomplished.. He said that we Him Children should go into all nations, teach and baptize in His name and He would be with us always, even to the end of the world.. We trust His word and His power to keep his promises.. The Church has never stopped teaching and preaching Jesus, Proclaiming His salvation. He has also kept His promise and has never left us as Smith insisted He had.. Over the years you have seen evidence after evidence that God has worked an strove with man all though the ages since He was taken to take His place at the Right hand of the Father. His grace has always been here. Jesus didn't die for just those few that believed on Him but by His own word He made his High Priest prayer for all who would believe in Him.
    John 17:20
    Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word

If you want to talk about the context in more depth I am willing.. I can show you how we are one with each other and with Him as He is one with the Father..

In short I have shown that Jesus is God.. That there is One God.. That He is all the God there is or ever can be.. I have shown you there things by the word of God and all you have have countered with are the words of Joseph Smith.. Since I am willing to have you show the truth of Mormonism as Pratt asked to be shown the truth of the Christian Church that was so hated by Smith I would think you would be clammering to show all the Biblical truth that mormonism contains.. So far all you have are twisted bits and pieces of Biblical doctrine. Heck you won't even accept the real interpretation given right in the p***age for two Biblical p***ages

Tell me which of the men can read the sealed book just from what the Bible says about them?
    Isaiah 29:11-12
    And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
    And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

The answer... Neither one!!!
    And the sticks of Ezekiel 37 are the two nation Israel divided into. God says He will again make them ONE nation and not two.. That is God's interpretation. It isn't about books it's about what God said it's about two nations becoming one..

This is how mormonism has treated the science of hermeneutics.. Just make up what you want a p***age to say and pronounce it in God's name and it is so.. It isn't so if it's wrong no matter who says it.. This is why the Christian here have worked so hard to show that Joseph Smith is not a prophet but rather a conman and a liar. So that you would have reason to trust God and reject error.. In doing this you see us as holding personal hatred for mormons.. That just isn't so.. There are other things I enjoy doing I don't have to come here and tell you these things, yet that is what God has called me to do.. Nothing I say here is directed at any one of the LDS people on this site. It is directed at the lies and errors that one man did bring into the world and through lust and greed let them grow and continue until it became the soul destroying teaching that Mormonism is today..

I stand here telling you about the One true God.. That Being who created ALL things. Who is from everlasting to everlasting the same unchanging God.. In Him and only in Him is there salvation. It is His gift to us through His grace and is not accessible by good works or ordinance completion. Not one of us who accept this gift can ever say it was because I was Good and faithful. For goodness and fidelity is not in us. We are to be measured not by the good or bad that we have done but alongside His righteousness.. Not one of us will p*** that test by our good works and righteousnesses.. We must have His righteousness or else we will been seen as fallen short of the basic requirement for salvation... PERFECTION... IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 11-30-2010 at 12:53 PM.

James Banta

No idea... I do see that as The Sword has said, the mormons here seem to be more wanting to side track threads based on wording of a post than address the real issues.. Right here I am thinking of two dates one Dec 7, 1941 and the other Sept 1, 1939.. IT DIDN'T MATTER.. It was being pointed out that for one to be considered in a position they must meet the criteria.. Instead it was twisted into a history debate.. To be a veteran of WW2 a person had to be a person under arms in that war.. To be God a Person must hold that position from everlasting to everlasting. They must be the creator of all things including the spirits of all mankind.. If a being doesn't meet these qualifications they can't be the One True GOD..

But was that what was discussed by the Mormons here on Walter Martin? No.. The date is all they cared about.. IHS jim

Sir

No idea... I do see that as The Sword has said, the mormons here seem to be more wanting to side track threads based on wording of a post than address the real issues.. Right here I am thinking of two dates one Dec 7, 1941 and the other Sept 1, 1939.. IT DIDN'T MATTER.. It was being pointed out that for one to be considered in a position they must meet the criteria.. Instead it was twisted into a history debate.. To be a veteran of WW2 a person had to be a person under arms in that war.. To be God a Person must hold that position from everlasting to everlasting. They must be the creator of all things including the spirits of all mankind.. If a being doesn't meet these qualifications they can't be the One True GOD..

But was that what was discussed by the Mormons here on Walter Martin? No.. The date is all they cared about.. IHS jim
    Maybe the LDS use ****ogies to make their point, but some of you can't read into the ****ogy so it appears to be an off-topic discussion in your eyes.

Plus, if you ask the same people the same questions enough times, how many times do you think they will give the same answers before they start to get bored and actually turn your question into something more meaningful than the worn-out attck/ defense that has gone on for 180 years?

ErikErik

Seems the lds have fled especially when the heat is on. Novato always abandons the threads he starts very early on. Pa Pa did the same thing and left for good. The other lds are banned.

ErikErik

Maybe the LDS use ****ogies to make their point, but some of you can't read into the ****ogy so it appears to be an off-topic discussion in your eyes.

Plus, if you ask the same people the same questions enough times, how many times do you think they will give the same answers before they start to get bored and actually turn your question into something more meaningful than the worn-out attck/ defense that has gone on for 180 years?
    Human ****ogies? That is so natural man. The natural man cannot understand the things of God or His Word because they are spiritually discerned.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by ErikErik View Post
    Seems the lds have fled especially when the heat is on. Novato always abandons the threads he starts very early on. Pa Pa did the same thing and left for good. The other lds are banned.
    So tell us, how many here are LDS and how many are not.

Sir

Human ****ogies? That is so natural man. The natural man cannot understand the things of God or His Word because they are spiritually discerned.
    Huh? ****ogies/ parables are used as a way of using real-world scenerios to teach spiritual principles.

Jesus did it a lot. I guess he was "so a natural man", right?

James Banta

You still hold the same false doctrines that Smith invented 180 years ago.. God was once a man and lived on an earth the same as Jesus did.. Are our questions about his false teachings the problem or is it your denials that mormonism teaches these old worn-out blasphemies? IHS jim

James Banta

Huh? ****ogies/ parables are used as a way of using real-world scenerios to teach spiritual principles.

Yes and when I used one the LDS here found fault with the date I used instead of the message of the ****ogy.. Anything that could be thought of to side track the teaching rather than to face it and deal with it.. IHS jim

Russianwolfe

Yes and when I used one the LDS here found fault with the date I used instead of the message of the ****ogy.. Anything that could be thought of to side track the teaching rather than to face it and deal with it.. IHS jim
    If the facts of your ****ogy are wrong, does your ****ogy have a meaning that addresses the point you are trying to make?

You criticize Joseph Smith for getting dates wrong and ignore the message of the First Vision. This is the same thing you are complaining about and yet you do it as well.

Marvin

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    If the facts of your ****ogy are wrong, does your ****ogy have a meaning that addresses the point you are trying to make?

You criticize Joseph Smith for getting dates wrong and ignore the message of the First Vision. This is the same thing you are complaining about and yet you do it as well.

Marvin
    What is wrong with the date that the USA entered WW2? All US WW2 veterans were in the US Military between Dec 7, 1941 and Sept 1945? Just because you didn't understand didn't make me wrong.. This was a man made event not a visitation from God on earth.. Still I am aware of the date the day of the week and the local time, 7:38 AM, when the Japanese planes first appeared over US air space in Hawaii..

That was the Day, Date, and time when the USA entered WW2.. I am an American that is the data I was using for when the first of US Military became eligible to be called veterans of that war.. As for the meaning of that ****ogy you seem to have no clue..

All you can do is say that I am a false teacher because you didn't understand my dates.. Smith on the other hand couldn't get the date settled in his mind when he said he first saw God.. Was he 14, 16, 18? The dates given in JSH in the PofGP don't match with events in the Palmyra area.. You MUST open up the whole New England area to find any support for his story.. Even the name of the ministers Smith said lead the "Religious Excitement" were not in the area when He said this was all happening.. My dates were correct. Smith's, even though he report of the greatest event the world had ever heard of was being given, were totally wrong.. He can't even identify the real year it all started.. Are you saying that a visitation from God with the message he had for man wasn't as important at the USA entering the second world war? Really? Knowing that you thinking that is more than I can understand.. IHS jim

James Banta

So tell us, how many here are LDS and how many are not.
    I have counted 5.. So why is it that your witnesses have thinned so deeply. Is it that breaking of the rules which has seemed right to so many have gotten some banned? Or is it because you actually have no biblical defense for the unique doctrines that make up what mormonism is, I could be wrong but your numbers seem to be way down.. Who knows, if you put out an SOS on MADB maybe you can bring your numbers up again.. Maybe someone new would make sense, but then again if they are true followers of mormonism they won't.. IHS jim

Sir

I have counted 5.. So why is it that your witnesses have thinned so deeply. Is it that breaking of the rules which has seemed right to so many have gotten some banned?
    Seems some have been banned. Has it seemed right to break the rules to them? I can't say. I don't suppose it is any different than any of the non-LDS here that have been banned at one time or another. Maybe the critics of Mormonism like yourself do more of the running to the mods for redress of grievences than do the LDS. And they also pe***ion the mods to let their fellow LDS-critics come back from being banned if they can promise to be obedient to the rules. (That was you.) So I don't know if the LDS being banned means any more or less than the non-LDS being banned.

Or is it because you actually have no biblical defense for the unique doctrines that make up what mormonism is, I could be wrong but your numbers seem to be way down.. Who knows, if you put out an SOS on MADB maybe you can bring your numbers up again..
    I don't know much about MADB. But I imagine most people don't really care too much about WM to come here.

Maybe someone new would make sense, but then again if they are true followers of mormonism they won't.. IHS jim
    Nice attack on the members of Mormonism. Who knows, maybe that is why most LDS don't give this place much attention. They see the self-righteous critics of the church pontificate and claim that they are simply here to be a witness against Mormonism, not the mormon people. But then they go off and make broad disparaging statements against the actual people, and then expect to win them over to their 'jesus'. The hypocrisy probably just makes most LDS laugh and they realize that you obviously have nothing better to offer them based on the fruits of your beliefs.

Novato

Interesting deceptive comment. I have only started one thread on this board in my entire membership.

Typical EV deception. Why bother destroying a good story with the truth.

Novato

ErikErik

So you compare yourself with Christ who is God?! You who is finite, of limited knowledge! The Jews of Jesus' day understood that claiming such equality with God was blasphemous. So, are you God or even equal to Him?

Many, many times Jesus said: "It is written.. when he corrected the religious leaders. He said "It is written" when tempted by satan. He understood the power of the Holy Scriptures.

There's a different between using parables to teach a divine truth which Jesus did with his disciples, and one using human ****ogies that isn't what the Scripture actually teaches.

ErikErik

Quote Originally Posted by Novato View Post
    Interesting deceptive comment. I have only started one thread on this board in my entire membership.

Typical EV deception. Why bother destroying a good story with the truth.

Novato
    Actually, you have started 12 threads on here. You abandon some threads early on. Leaving questions unanswered. Typical lds tactic.
    Last edited by ErikErik; 12-01-2010 at 06:03 AM.

Sir

So you compare yourself with Christ who is God?! You who is finite, of limited knowledge! The Jews of Jesus' day understood that claiming such equality with God was blasphemous. So, are you God or even equal to Him?
    So, your wont to be critical has you now claiming that anytime someone who does something and expresses that Jesus did a similar thing, they are guilty of being blasphemous by comparing themselves to God? That's pretty funny!

So, if I lay on a bed and say Jesus did it too, I am guilty of blasphemy?
    If I help the needy and say Jesus did it too, I am being blasphemous?

It looks like your so blinded by your hate for Mormonism that rational and logical thought has escaped you.

As a reminder, you said using human ****ogies means you are a natural man and an enemy to God, and the spirit isn't with you. I simply reminded you that Jesus used human ****ogies often in his teaching.

ErikErik

So, your wont to be critical has you now claiming that anytime someone who does something and expresses that Jesus did a similar thing, they are guilty of being blasphemous by comparing themselves to God? That's pretty funny!

So, if I lay on a bed and say Jesus did it too, I am guilty of blasphemy?
    If I help the needy and say Jesus did it too, I am being blasphemous?

It looks like your so blinded by your hate for Mormonism that rational and logical thought has escaped you.

As a reminder, you said using human ****ogies means you are a natural man and an enemy to God, and the spirit isn't with you. I simply reminded you that Jesus used human ****ogies often in his teaching.
    You will never understand the true deity of Jesus Christ.Your founder had the same desire as the devil. To be a god. You have blasphemed Christ by saying he is nothing more than your spirit brother and the brother of the devil. Mormonism is about men becoming gods. Men worshiping themselves. Even Michael the archangel told John not to worship him but worship God alone. It is blasphemy to compare yourself to God. Jesus Christ IS GOD! Always WAS God and you can say all this is funny but at the Judgment you won't be laughing. Satan was kicked out of heaven for having the very same desire you do. That of wanting to be god.

No, Sir, you will never be anything like Christ. God said we will be like the angels. That's way below God.

You will never understand that God is Creator and you are creature. God is infinite and you are finite. God is perfect and sinless, you are not. YOU WILL NEVER BECOME A GOD. PERIOD! End of discussion.