Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Example of Double-Speak

ErikErik

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    No, I call you critics because calling you "anti-mormon" is actually against the rules here. And that you are someone who criticizes the LDS church and its teachings, calling you a critic is wholly accurate.

It is interesting to see how you conjured up your own ideas and reasons for why I use the terms I did and then tried to present them in a way that is supposed to reflect poorly on me. It's no different than what you guys do with a lot of LDS theology.

Attack, attack, attack........sounds like someone has a victimhood mentality and a persecution complex!

Anti-mormon became a tag that was being overused and abused. A general tag for everyone who disagrees with Mormonism. It became an excuse to dismiss someone outside the lds church with a sweep of a hand without taking the time to ask exactly what and why a person believes what they do. The lds apologists were indiscriminately tagging non lds with this term. This makes dialogue impossible.

Christians don't attack the individual lds. We fight heresy with the word of God, the Sword of the Spirit. This is what Christians have been doing since its inception. This was the very reason for councils. To stamp out heretical teachings in order to be faithful to what God has said in His word and what Christ taught to His apostles..

Mormonism has some very serious errors. To not address them would mean we don't care and are being disobedient to God in our failure to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Any religion that denies there is only one God in existence and denies that Jesus Christ is God and lowers him to merely our spirit brother and the brother of satan must be confronted.

The lds church has not restored Christianity. It has changed it. It has changed what God said in His word. Changed the very nature of the Triune God so clearly shown in the Creation of the world in Genesis. It Invented many, many gods and made God the Father and God the Son into men who were exactly like us and had to learn obedience. We need to read the Book of *** again where God corrected ***, putting him in his place and asked him who could do the mighty works of God such as laying the foundation of the world. God asked is there anyone like Him. *** acknowledged there isn't and repented.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by bert10 View Post
    It is not the works that counts...it is the change brought within us because of the works.
    bert10
    Really?

16nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified. Gal2

Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

The works James mentions come from gra***ude and voluntary not under lawful obligation which desreves a wage or reward.

3For what does the Scripture say? "ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS."

4Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due.

5But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness," Rom4

It is Christ who removes our heart of stone and relpaces it with a heart of flesh.

MacG

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    This is the kind of statement that makes me, a Mormon, laugh a little and makes me wonder why critics of the LDS church have such a disdain for the LDS view of the 'requirements' for salvation.

Here we see that in one breath, a mainstream Christian will say we can do NOTHING to earn forgiveness, but then next gives the conditions that have to be met to basically 'earn' the forgiveness. It's completely transparent. It's like my employer saying that I cannot earn my paycheck, it is freely given to me if I show up and do my ***.

LOL

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The forgiveness of God is "sufficient" to cover all the sins of the whole world.

The forgiveness of God is "efficient" in covering the sins of only they who believes in His son.

if you believe in His son, you have forgiveness.
    if you put your faith in another God, in another Jesus, your sins are unforgiven and you die condemned.