Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Thank you, Columcille, for your kind words. We don't like hostility and try to keep the tone civil. Things do get heated once in a while, but as long as members don't cross the line into the "insult" area, it's okay to be p***ionate about what you believe.
No, thank you Jill. I recall buying your mp3 in small segments, and when I decided to get the whole mp3 library, you and Kevin were remarkably flexible. There is a lot of mp3s to listen to, and it is hard to keep tract of what ***les I previously purchased.

I do not know any Christian worth their salt that has not been impressed by your father's accuracy and his personal ethos. I wish I was growing up in WWII listening to Clive Staple Lewis on the radio when he gave his monologue that eventually became written in book as "Mere Christianity," but feel Walter Martin is on par with C.S. Lewis in his own unique way, so in a way I am glad to be part of this generation.

Only drawback I have now is looking into Catholicism through the prism of the Reformers rather than through contextually through Catholic sources; which seems the highlight of his interaction with the Christian cults. Of course, I can see growing up listening to Martin in the 80s when I was non-denominational that there are certain practices within my new-found-faith that are particularly difficult. And there are now things I consider difficult within Protestantism being a convert Catholic.

At any rate,

Imnotdumb, please listen to the listening library here to see for yourself Dr. Martin's presentation. He is exceptionally good at public speaking. I've given away all my old audio tapes when I purchased them from San Juan Capistrano, when I was in the Marine Corps in Camp Pendleton. It was fun visiting CRI back then, though I don't particularily find Hank H. all that personally appealing. It is fun to relisten to some of his topics like "The Existence of God" to listen for the references and his puting the big jargon and complicated ideas down to the level where a layman can understand. To me this is the mark of an exceptional apologist, and I already mentioned C.S.Lewis. If I wasn't collecting prepubs and saving for the upgrades to base packages off logos software, I'd probably buy more tapes to give away of Martin's lectures. In fact, Jill, that would be something I'd like to see come out. I might have to suggest him in the logos forum.

pax et bonum.