Thread: Salvation

ActRaiser

Default Salvation

Will all those who have not committed the unpardonable sin of rejecting Jesus go to Heaven?

I have heard it from various people, preachers, and what-not that the Unpardonable sin is rejecting Jesus over and over until you have killed your ability to accept him from that point forward. Is that true?

I speak from partial ignorance because while I know Jesus is the only way to get to Heaven I am confused why people would end up in Hell if they haven't rejected Jesus. Along time ago I used to believe that God the Father made the universe, and so I incorrectly reasoned that that people could go to Heaven without accepting The Son.

On the other hand, now that I know better, and that Jesus created the world and everything in it, and all things, how is it possible that people have not ever understood that God made the world and everything in it?

God is the designer. Since God the Son is the Designer of the world, is it possible that people could have died without knowing that Jesus made the world and thus he wasn't the Son of God, and the Saviour of the World?

I made many mistakes regarding this extremely important issue, and yet I have been reading the Bible frequently.

In the Old Testament, God does not condemn children of cursed people's because they are unable to choose Good from Evil. The problem I have is that if God does not condemn Children for their sins, or the sins of the others, why would he therefore condemn others for being ******** of Jesus'es sacrifice and death on the Cross?

Yes, I've heard it often, God made the world and everyone who has been in the same world shouldn't have an excuse because he made the world. But, what I forget, since I haven't read that particular verse in the Bible for a long time, is that, was that talking about Salvation or just knowing that God is there, and thus being in trouble for his Wrath?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by ActRaiser View Post
    Will all those who have not committed the unpardonable sin of rejecting Jesus go to Heaven?
    Your question is written in a hard way for me to get...

But I think I understand most of the aim of your question and so I have an answer.

You will not go to hell because you did not hear of Jesus.

The people who are in hell have rejected the "light" that was given them to respond to.
    had they turned to this light then God would have sent to them more and more.

But when they turned away from the light they were sent, then even that small light was taken from them.

So this means that even if you grow up in a country where the christian faith is banned, and only Islam is allowed, you still will receive a 'light" from heaven, and will still have the chance to turn to this light, even if you never hear of the Christian faith or Jesus Christ during your whole life.

Also, as a Christian you will still face temptations and will still get sucked into do wrong things, but because you are a Christian your father will forgive you because the Son will intervene for you.

I have heard it from various people, preachers, and what-not that the Unpardonable sin is rejecting Jesus over and over until you have killed your ability to accept him from that point forward. Is that true?
    I see two concepts here that beg an answer. First of all, the only "unpardonable sin" that the Bible speaks of is "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit." I.E. speaking against the Holy Spirit. The context is that after Jesus cast out demons, the Jewish leaders said that he did it by the power of Beelzebub. He warned them that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit would not be forgiven. This did not in itself condemn them. Jesus was giving ample warning for them to repent.

It is only by inference that it is said that committed rejection of Jesus is the same as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit who is personally revealing the Son of God to someone, and that person's rejection of the conviction is an act equivalent to saying that the Holy Spirit's conviction is evil. So then, it is true from a point of view.

I speak from partial ignorance because while I know Jesus is the only way to get to Heaven I am confused why people would end up in Hell if they haven't rejected Jesus. Along time ago I used to believe that God the Father made the universe, and so I incorrectly reasoned that that people could go to Heaven without accepting The Son.

On the other hand, now that I know better, and that Jesus created the world and everything in it, and all things, how is it possible that people have not ever understood that God made the world and everything in it?

God is the designer. Since God the Son is the Designer of the world, is it possible that people could have died without knowing that Jesus made the world and thus he wasn't the Son of God, and the Saviour of the World?

I made many mistakes regarding this extremely important issue, and yet I have been reading the Bible frequently.

In the Old Testament, God does not condemn children of cursed people's because they are unable to choose Good from Evil. The problem I have is that if God does not condemn Children for their sins, or the sins of the others, why would he therefore condemn others for being ******** of Jesus'es sacrifice and death on the Cross?

Yes, I've heard it often, God made the world and everyone who has been in the same world shouldn't have an excuse because he made the world. But, what I forget, since I haven't read that particular verse in the Bible for a long time, is that, was that talking about Salvation or just knowing that God is there, and thus being in trouble for his Wrath?
    God does not condemn anyone because of any inability or lack of knowledge. God will condemn everyone He condemns for their wickedness. God's justice demands that the sinner be condemned for his sins. The only exception is for those of God's elect, who put their trust in Jesus. This mercy is the "exit clause" from the justice of condemnation.

Your statement "In the Old Testament, God does not condemn children of cursed people's because they are unable to choose Good from Evil" - not sure your original intention of this, but it appears that you are suggesting that God will not condemn someone for their sins (since they are unable to choose good from evil). If this is the meaning, then it is completely unbiblical. Don't know where you got this idea. Do you have a quote from someone or the OT we might be better prepared to exegete?

If the essential question is "what about the heathen?" - i.e. what will God do to those who never hear the gospel? It is clear from Rom 10 that God will condemn everyone who does not call on Jesus for salvation. It is also clear from a cursory reading that everyone has been given sufficient knowledge to obey God, but has not done so. Therefore, it is for their sin that they will be condemned.

Conversely, everyone who does hear the gospel and believe, will be saved from both God's wrath and from their own sinfulness. This is God's promise we have from both OT and NT texts.
    TD

alanmolstad

you are to be held accountable to the light you were given.

how did you respond to the light that God sent your way?

This is how we are judged....

ActRaiser

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    you are to be held accountable to the light you were given.

how did you respond to the light that God sent your way?

This is how we are judged....
    I accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

alanmolstad

I accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
    If you respond to the light you will find yourself directed to the brighter and brighter light...

alanmolstad

I hope my words will one day help someone dealing with this same question