Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good, Evil, and Common Ground

Fig-bearing Thistle

Default Good, Evil, and Common Ground

Do you believe there is any such thing as "common ground" between God and satan? Good and evil? Light and darkness?

If so, I would like to hear your reasoning.

Or do you rather believe that light and darkness never will meet and that there never will be common ground between God and satan, good and evil?

What does this have to do with Mormonism? A whole lot. But, I'll explain later. First, some responses, please.

B2M5L2

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    Do you believe there is any such thing as "common ground" between God and satan? Good and evil? Light and darkness?

If so, I would like to hear your reasoning.

Or do you rather believe that light and darkness never will meet and that there never will be common ground between God and satan, good and evil?

What does this have to do with Mormonism? A whole lot. But, I'll explain later. First, some responses, please.
    Apparently Mormons think that there is "common ground" between God and Satan. After all, they seem to think that God has a brother named Satan.

Fig-bearing Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by B2M5L2 View Post
    Apparently Mormons think that there is "common ground" between God and Satan. After all, they seem to think that God has a brother named Satan.
    Peanut gallery: Please stay out of this thread.

Thanks.

alanmolstad

"brothers"?

I knew that according to Mormon teachings that Jesus and Satan were brothers, but do you mean the Father and Satan are brothers in their theology?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    "brothers"?

I knew that according to Mormon teachings that Jesus and Satan were brothers, but do you mean the Father and Satan are brothers in their theology?
    No. The Father is the Father of Jesus and Lucifer. Hence Lucifer was a spiritual brother of Jesus.

alanmolstad

So the father has no brother and two sons named Satan and jesus......gotcha.

Sir

Not exactly what I said. But okay.

alanmolstad

I think I might get your meanings now...However I think you mix two different theology right>?

According the the Bible we Christians believe that Jesus was God Almighty, and so that must be what you mean when you say that Mormons think God (Jesus) had a brother....correct?

B2M5L2

I think I might get your meanings now...However I think you mix two different theology right>?
    Nope, not right.

According the the Bible we Christians believe that Jesus was God Almighty, and so that must be what you mean when you say that Mormons think God (Jesus) had a brother....correct?
    No, that's what Mormons mean.

Fig-bearing Thistle

I notice how you capitalize satan, but not the Father or Jesus. Was this intentional and significant? Or just a type-o?

Fig-bearing Thistle

And satan rebelled, while Jesus said: "Thy will be done". That put's them on polar opposite ground from each other.

alanmolstad

Nope, not right.

No, that's what Mormons mean.
    I am confused by your answer ...

Could you tell me, even if by private message what you mean with...um...more words?

are you saying that according to Mormom theology that God the father has a brother?

If that is what you are saying, then this seems to be more in-line with Greek theology of the gods....

alanmolstad

I notice how you capitalize satan, but not the Father or Jesus. Was this intentional and significant? Or just a type-o?
    .........?

boy, Fig....if you are going to start looking that close at me spellen, my grammer, and my cApitalizations?....you are going to be very, very busy....

ErikErik

I never capitalize the word satan although my spell checker says I should...

ErikErik

And satan rebelled, while Jesus said: "Thy will be done". That put's them on polar opposite ground from each other.
    Fig, God's Holy Word tells us that Christ created all things..this includes satan, whom you know was originally an angel. Therefore, Jesus Christ cannot possibly be the devil's brother. There was no contest or battle between Jesus Christ and satan. Christ is God and satan is a created being. They can NEVER be equal. So either you have to admit mormonism is wrong on this one, or that God lied in His Word.

Which is it?

B2M5L2

Just a "brother"ly spat.

B2M5L2

I am confused by your answer ...

Could you tell me, even if by private message what you mean with...um...more words?

are you saying that according to Mormom theology that God the father has a brother?

If that is what you are saying, then this seems to be more in-line with Greek theology of the gods....
    No one said anything about God the Father. I said that Mormonism teaches that God has a brother named Satan.

No one said anything about God the Father. I said that Mormonism teaches that God has a brother named Satan.
    And if we go by what Mormons actually teach, all gods were spirit children of other gods who took up residence on distanct planets. Of course the HF of Mormonism has spirit brothers and sisters, just as they claim Jesus does. Not only does HF have heavenly parents, he has uncles, aunts, cousins, besides brothers and sisters. When you come right down to it, Hinduism has much more in common with Mormonism than Christianity.

Fig-bearing Thistle

.........?

boy, Fig....if you are going to start looking that close at me spellen, my grammer, and my cApitalizations?....you are going to be very, very busy....
    OK. No biggie. A type-o

B2M5L2

OK. No biggie. A type-o
    And Mormons still think that there is commonality between God and Satan, given that they think that they're brothers.

And Mormons still think that there is commonality between God and Satan, given that they think that they're brothers.
    Amen, and it goes right along with Satan's desire to dethrone God and inherit his power - the same thing these cultists teach in their "temples."

bert10

*** 1:6 - Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them

Satan could enter with the Sons of God to present themselves before the LORD because he has not yet faced final judgment. Until then he is still part of the "family" and still has the same rights as the rest of the Sons of God.

Now you Christians who keep fighting the true doctrines of God are not taught of God and cannot yet discern spiritual truth which can only be discerned by them who are Spiritual.

All Angels (Messengers) are first Spiritual sons of God.

bert10

alanmolstad

Im still a little in the dark here about this point.

Am I to understand that the Mormons believe God....the God of heaven and earth, the one and only God almighty.....has a brother?

Thats the most silly thing I have ever heard of....

And they think the brother is Satan?

is he an older brother or younger?...LOL

B2M5L2

Quote Originally Posted by bert10 View Post
    *** 1:6 - Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them

Satan could enter with the Sons of God to present themselves before the LORD because he has not yet faced final judgment. Until then he is still part of the "family" and still has the same rights as the rest of the Sons of God.

Now you Christians who keep fighting the true doctrines of God are not taught of God and cannot yet discern spiritual truth which can only be discerned by them who are Spiritual.

All Angels (Messengers) are first Spiritual sons of God.

bert10
    You're committing the same fallacy that all those in the cults do by imposing your beliefs upon Scripture, rather than letting Scripture guide your beliefs.

Otherwise, please show from the reference you've provided where it says that Satan was one of the sons of God. Secondly, please provide a specific reference that backs up your imposition which says, "All Angels (Messengers) are first Spiritual sons of God." Finally, when speaking of the angels as sons, just how do they become "sons." Is it because they're created by God, and the terminology is figurative, or is it that they became sons when God copulated with one of his wives and nine months later a "spirit child" was born, who then became a human, and then because he didn't obey the Mormon protocol, is now an angelic being? If the latter, can you show from Scripture where God is having Celestial sex with anyone, let alone some goddess he married on another earth, let alone even needs to, in order to bring a created being into existence? For some reason, I seriously doubt that you can, but I'm willing to entertain your perverse effort to even try.

B2M5L2

Im still a little in the dark here about this point.

Am I to understand that the Mormons believe God....the God of heaven and earth, the one and only God almighty.....has a brother?
    Indeed.

Thats the most silly thing I have ever heard of....
    Actually, I like the one the Scientologist pose about Xenu, but if you're not privy to that bit of fiction, then I understand.

And they think the brother is Satan?
    Yeah, it's just that Satan doesn't have a body and God does. I'll bet they had a hard time playing football in the park when they were growing up.

is he an older brother or younger?...LOL
    Satan would be younger, but what does that really mean, given that not only they, but everyone else, have been around since infinity past? In other words, how does one calculate "younger" and "older" in infinite time? Or does that make any sense either? Apparently it must, given that that conundrum is also a part of the Mormon cosmological scheme.