Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Good, Evil, and Common Ground

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    The question still remains.. What was your reference? IHS jim
    Im GOOGLEing now.........I will report any findings I come up with...

alanmolstad

alanmolstad

as for the little 'addition" we saw posted here?.....so far i cant find where such a thing came from?

I will keep looking

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    He said..."there is none good but God that send-eth me" sorry about the dash my IPad kept correcting the old English.

Im searching for where that little addition is supported?

alanmolstad

James, any idea where Papa came up with this little addition to the text at that verse?

I have searched the normal places I go all the time and I have yet to find any support for it....

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    James, any idea where Papa came up with this little addition to the text at that verse?

I have searched the normal places I go all the time and I have yet to find any support for it....
    I have looked up and down and have not been able to confirm the addition to the text that Papa has listed here for us..

it's not a big deal, im used to seeing people add to the text to make their arguments appear stronger, but because this addition was aimed at correcting my own understanding of the Text i took it serious and wanted to see if there was support for Papa's addition or not?

So far i have yet to find any support for it...but Im still looking....

James Banta

His is close but it is a totally different wording and I wondered in what translation it was found.. So far he is keeping secret.. IHS jim

James Banta

Yes I think h was using in JSP, They call it a translation.. I call it a perversion.. But I am not sure and because he offered it he should have also offered a reference but it looks like he would rather just be a man of mystery.. IHS jim

NOPE, wasn't there either... I don't know ge came up with that wording IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 09-10-2012 at 07:58 AM.

alanmolstad

he kinda ran away when the issue came up I see.......

well then,...thats something for me to make a note of for the future....

jdjhere

I was reading this thread and am interested in where Papa got that as well. I cannot find it anywhere either. Papa, can you explain this to us and WHY you are adding to Gods Word?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    I was reading this thread and am interested in where Papa got that as well. I cannot find it anywhere either. Papa, can you explain this to us and WHY you are adding to Gods Word?

I think what we are seeing is a guy caught with his pants down.....

alanmolstad

I have looked up and down and have not been able to confirm the addition to the text that Papa has listed here for us..

it's not a big deal, im used to seeing people add to the text to make their arguments appear stronger, but because this addition was aimed at correcting my own understanding of the Text i took it serious and wanted to see if there was support for Papa's addition or not?

So far i have yet to find any support for it...but Im still looking....

After my final look at the post in question, and doing a search for what Papa was trying to quote...I have come to the conclusion that Papa simply did not know what he was saying.....

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    He said..."there is none good but God that send-eth me" sorry about the dash my IPad kept correcting the old English.
    after this post was made....and challenged, I noticed that this was about the last conversation i ever had with Pa Pa...

What ever happened to him?

James Banta

after this post was made....and challenged, I noticed that this was about the last conversation i ever had with Pa Pa...

What ever happened to him?
    All it says about him is that he is banned.. That is unusual for the Walter Martin forum.. The only way I know that it someone can do it would be to insult our Host and/or her father.. IHS jim

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by ErikErik View Post
    I never capitalize the word satan although my spell checker says I should...
    I know that feeling. Mine tells me to cap mormonism but I just have trouble doing it.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 02-08-2014 at 09:27 AM.

alanmolstad

All it says about him is that he is banned.. That is unusual for the Walter Martin forum.. The only way I know that it someone can do it would be to insult our Host and/or her father.. IHS jim
    I didnt know that.
    I never checked on who was banned around here, so I guess that has to be on my list of things to check on in the future.

Well thats too bad too, for I have no idea about other names he goes under on other forums?

In the context of what I was talking about with him back then, it was that I caught him adding an ending to a verse that just does not appear in the text.

The thing that was so striking was that I know he never would have done this had he suspected he was doing this, (As evidenced by the fact that he was so embarr***ed he never returned again) and so this leads me to believe that whatever source he was using it had blind-sided him.

Im still not sure what source he was quoting, but I have the feeling that from then of he never again trusted it as much as he had been trusting it.
    He knows his source really let him down that time.

The problem is that whatever his source was it was adding to the word of god things that do change the meaning of the verse....thus it sure does seem to be a very "****py" source...LOL

Im not sure that Pa Pa was a Mormon or might have been some other CULT, but one thing for sure, his source sure seems to smell like its a CULT'S bible....

James Banta

I didnt know that.
    I never checked on who was banned around here, so I guess that has to be on my list of things to check on in the future.

Well thats too bad too, for I have no idea about other names he goes under on other forums?

In the context of what I was talking about with him back then, it was that I caught him adding an ending to a verse that just does not appear in the text.

The thing that was so striking was that I know he never would have done this had he suspected he was doing this, (As evidenced by the fact that he was so embarr***ed he never returned again) and so this leads me to believe that whatever source he was using it had blind-sided him.

Im still not sure what source he was quoting, but I have the feeling that from then of he never again trusted it as much as he had been trusting it.
    He knows his source really let him down that time.

The problem is that whatever his source was it was adding to the word of god things that do change the meaning of the verse....thus it sure does seem to be a very "****py" source...LOL

Im not sure that Pa Pa was a Mormon or might have been some other CULT, but one thing for sure, his source sure seems to smell like its a CULT'S bible....
    Status isn't hard to see. It is listed right under your name. As an example yours says

alanmolstad

While PaPa's status says

Pa Pa
    Banned.

PaPa is LDS, he was born in a Christian home but rebelled against Biblical teachings and sought out a different way he thought would bring him to God.. He has had a lot of physical problems in life and when God places him on your heart do pray that he will find his way to Jesus, and back to fellowship in a Christian church. He has not been the easiest person here on Water Martin to deal with but for some reason I like him.. I don't believe those affections are returned. I do see PaPa as an honest man who has been seriously poisoned by the lies of mormonism. He has more knowledge of the Bible than most LDS do. That can be good and bad.. Good that he doesn't deny that Jesus, John, and Paul all were very clear on Grace by faith in Jesus as the ONLY way to God. Bad that he has fallen for the misinterpretation of mormonism in p***ages like James 2.. Papa is not always in total agreement with the central leadership of the LDS church. That is a good point we can use to plant in his mind the love of Jesus.. Never stop loving him as Jesus has made clear that He loves Him.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

good post...

alanmolstad

Yes I think h was using in JSP, They call it a translation.. I call it a perversion.. jim

Is this what you were talking about ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPS_Tanakh

if so?. then I know nothing about this work and will do some reading to find out about it.
    thanks,

James Banta

Is this what you were talking about ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPS_Tanakh

if so?. then I know nothing about this work and will do some reading to find out about it.
    thanks,
    Nothing that deep.. This was what I was talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_...n_of_the_Bible IHS jim

alanmolstad

holy smoke, thats a new one on me!.,
    I had no idea the mormons had that ...

I will check out the link and see if there are a few other surprises

James Banta

holy smoke, thats a new one on me!.,
    I had no idea the mormons had that ...

I will check out the link and see if there are a few other surprises
    Then look here too (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_...n_of_the_Bible).. I couldn't possible make all this stuff up... IHS jim

alanmolstad

You know something James....I looked at the link just now that you provided,and I saw what Joe Smith had been doing.

And it goes against EVERYTHING that a religious person with any fear of God would do....

to the point that as far as Im concerned, Smith can just go rot in Hell....

James Banta

You know something James....I looked at the link just now that you provided,and I saw what Joe Smith had been doing.

And it goes against EVERYTHING that a religious person with any fear of God would do....

to the point that as far as Im concerned, Smith can just go rot in Hell....
    There is nothing we can do for him. He has sealed his fate by his denial of Jesus and the message of salvation that fills His word. What we can do with this knowledge is lovingly tell those that call him a prophet of God that he was a liar and a fraud.. It is a difficult balancing act. There are many that he today communes with gods making plans for those in the church he started.. No I don't make that up either. It isn't part of their scripture but is celebrated in their church meetings

LDS Hymnal Praise to the Man #27
    Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!
    Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain.
    Mingling with Gods, he can plan for his brethren;
    Death cannot conquer the hero again.

Notice please that they are not looking to the plans of God to guide them but instead to Smith.. Sometime I wish these things were lies that I made up about mormonism but alas, This is the truth they are taught and still to this day believe.. IHS jim