Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demon Possession

Heart2Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Smith View Post
    Good question.

Negative activity can be detected by "hot spots."

If we have a case concerning an intelligent haunting and the en***y wishes to interact with us, it needs energy to do so.

So, it drains energy from ambient air, creating "cold spots."

Negative en***ies can do the same thing, but when they are active or attempt to manifest themselves, temperature spikes or hot spots can be detected.

We also look for "aggressive" behavior, such as people being scratched, kicked, hit and so on. We also look for poltergeist activity and so on.

It helps, too, that members of the team have "day ***s" that require them to be mental health counselors and social workers.

The team I belong to has been around for nearly 8 or 9 years; we've encountered negative infestations only three times, out of the hundreds of cases we've handled.

Again, most "possessions" are caused by untreated mental illness and even people who are acting out, wanting attention.
    How is the "negative activity" detected? Do you use a device to detect it?

IncitingRiots

How exactly do demons posess people?

Why don't angels posess people?

Aren't demons stuck in hell?

What compelling evidence is there that demonic posession is a real phenomena and not just something made up by the church in order to fill pews and collection plates?

Brad Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Heart2Heart View Post
    How is the "negative activity" detected? Do you use a device to detect it?
    Infrared thermometers help detect the hot spots.

We also use electromagnetic frequency detectors to look for unusual EMF readings. EMFs can do a number of things; EMFs can create hypersensitivity among certain people. EMF-induced hypersensitivity can do many things to a person, ranging from causing them to feel paranoid to creating headaches or even severe skin irritations.

Infrasonic frequencies can cause hypersensitivity too.

However, EMF can also act as an energy source for en***ies to tap in to, to give them power to manifest.

Which is why we also have a number of members who are sensitive, i.e., have some form of extrasensory abilities.

Yes, I'm talking ESP.

Our sensitives can pick up "negative" activity.

But, we've only encountered true negative activity on a few cases.
    Last edited by Brad Smith; 01-26-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Heart2Heart

Infrared thermometers help detect the hot spots.

We also use electromagnetic frequency detectors to look for unusual EMF readings. EMFs can do a number of things; EMFs can create hypersensitivity among certain people. EMF-induced hypersensitivity can do many things to a person, ranging from causing them to feel paranoid to creating headaches or even severe skin irritations.

Infrasonic frequencies can cause hypersensitivity too.

However, EMF can also act as an energy source for en***ies to tap in to, to give them power to manifest.

Which is why we also have a number of members who are sensitive, i.e., have some form of extrasensory abilities.

Yes, I'm talking ESP.

Our sensitives can pick up "negative" activity.

But, we've only encountered true negative activity on a few case.
    Hi Brad,

When you and others encountered true negative activity, what did you guys do? Me? I would freak out.

Brad Smith

Hi Brad,

When you and others encountered true negative activity, what did you guys do? Me? I would freak out.
    In the first case, where one of our team members was physically attacked, we left. And, we urged our clients--who were renters--to leave.

Since then, if we detect some sort of negative activity during a prelim investigation, we don't take the case; however, we urge the clients to seek aid from the clergy or we have them contact an investigator who specializes in negative en***ies.

We're not geared for that sort of thing but know of groups and individual investigators who are.

Heart2Heart

In the first case, where one of our team members was physically attacked, we left. And, we urged our clients--who were renters--to leave.

Since then, if we detect some sort of negative activity during a prelim investigation, we don't take the case; however, we urge the clients to seek aid from the clergy or we have them contact an investigator who specializes in negative en***ies.

We're not geared for that sort of thing but know of groups and individual investigators who are.

I remember renting couple of movies called, "En***y" with Diane Lane and "Amytiville Horror". These were based on true story. The stories were freaky. I was sooo scared after I watched them. Now, I refuse to watch those types of movies.

Brad Smith

Quote Originally Posted by IncitingRiots View Post
    How exactly do demons posess people?

Why don't angels posess people?

Aren't demons stuck in hell?

What compelling evidence is there that demonic posession is a real phenomena and not just something made up by the church in order to fill pews and collection plates?
    I don't use the term "demon" or "demonic" because we don't know if the en***ies are that; the term I use is "negative."

And when an en***y picks up a fellow investigator a foot off the ground and throws her against a wall, I would call that "negative."

Brad Smith

I remember renting couple of movies called, "En***y" with Diane Lane and "Amytiville Horror". These were based on true story. The stories were freaky. I was sooo scared after I watched them. Now, I refuse to watch those types of movies.
    "The En***y" starred Barbara Hershey and is based on a true incident; in fact, my team has been invited to investigate that house.

Amityville, however, has been debunked as a hoax. The activity never happened.

Heart2Heart

"The En***y" starred Barbara Hershey and is based on a true incident; in fact, my team has been invited to investigate that house.

What was your team's conclusion about the house? Were they scared and excited? Did they learn anything from their investigation?

Brad Smith

What was your team's conclusion about the house? Were they scared and excited? Did they learn anything from their investigation?
    We didn't go.

One, we don't handle negative haunts.

Two, that place has been thoroughly investigated by others. And we have many other clients to help.

Heart2Heart

We didn't go.

One, we don't handle negative haunts.

Two, that place has been thoroughly investigated by others. And we have many other clients to help.
    Have you met Christian clients who encountered negative activity? I was told en***ies/demons don't mess around Christians because of Jesus.

Brad Smith

Have you met Christian clients who encountered negative activity? I was told en***ies/demons don't mess around Christians because of Jesus.
    I've read of many cases where Christians have had negative hauntings; as to cases of possessions, I've heard of Christians being possessed. I haven't read much on Wiccans, pagans or others being possessed.

Brad Smith

Oh, believe me, I learn something new everyday . . . .

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
    OF the four folks that I've knows who were delivered from demonization, NONE of them had direct "occult connections" (the most recent one was our pastor at DeSoto AOG for a couple of years).

Derek Prince lists quite a few "sources" from which Demonization (there's no such thing as "Demon possession" - it's an unfortunate translation in the KJV) can spring including traumatic experiences and extreme health issues.
    Listen to Walter Martin on Derek Prince and possesion of Christians here. It is the first question answered.

Blessings,

MacG

Bob Carabbio

And in fact Prince NEVER taught the Christians could be "Demon possessed", HE EXCLUSIVELY used, and TAUGHT the term: "Demonized".

What he stated was that a Christian COULD "deliver himself", in normal situations, but it was COMPLETELY POSSIBLE for a Christian to give so MUCH "Place" that external ***istance was necessary -

OF course with the VIsible Church running around ignorantly teaching that Christians can NEVER have demonic problems, and not one church in 500 that would have the slightest idea what to do if they actually encountered a demonic issue, it's no surprise that there's little ministry available on the subject, OR that folks who DO teach it are castigated.

sayso

I've read of many cases where Christians have had negative hauntings; as to cases of possessions, I've heard of Christians being possessed. I haven't read much on Wiccans, pagans or others being possessed.

Brad if you were looking and seeing this with the mind of a believer you would understand why it could be as you see it.

First, not everyone who calls themselves a Christian is a disciple or follower of Jesus. Some call themselves that because they consider themselves Christian because they belong to a church or because they believe "in" Jesus Christ. At one time I called myself a Christian for the last reason.

Satan and/or his demon followers do not har*** those whom they already control. Think of it in this way. If you were a farmer who was trying to get cattle into a trailer so that you could take them to the butcher which ones would you use the prod on, the ones heading for the trailer or the ones going in the other direction?

For years me and my family were open to all kinds of occult practices. Never ever had any kind of manifestation. Within a year of having given my life to God I experienced spiritual har***ment. There was no exorcism necessary because Jesus Christ was living within me. But I was being har***ed by evil spirits. I asked forgiveness and renounced my involvement in those things. I won't say I've never experienced spiritual battle since but I know who they are and who I am in Christ Jesus. That is the key to freedom.
    Last edited by sayso; 03-01-2009 at 07:55 AM.

CleoSquare

Just to throw in another idea here... I have come across a few what I would call highly malignant people, some of whom were Spiritual and even professed being 'Christian'. Their personalities seemed very simillar to that described as Narcisistic personality disorder.... Whether this is a psychiatric condition or a Spiritual condition I find difficult to determine- I wonder whether the two overlap sometimes.

TamTam

It takes a very large amount of energy for a disembodied being to pick someone up and throw them. What kind of energy source did you have in the room with you that they were able to draw from in order to manifest in such a way?

contraeverything

Quote Originally Posted by CleoSquare View Post
    Just to throw in another idea here... I have come across a few what I would call highly malignant people, some of whom were Spiritual and even professed being 'Christian'. Their personalities seemed very simillar to that described as Narcisistic personality disorder.... Whether this is a psychiatric condition or a Spiritual condition I find difficult to determine- I wonder whether the two overlap sometimes.
    You make a good point.

Martin E. P. Seligman, the past president of the American Psychological ***ociation and professor of psychology at the University of Pennslyvania, considers most of the "Axis II" personality disorders to be maladaptive character disorders rather than psychiatric problems to be treated with medicine. He argues such in his book, "Learned Optimism."

Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and such related diagnoses as Histrionic Personality Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder, are of course among these Axis II disorders.

This is a far cry from saying that Seligman would attribute such to demonic possession or even "spiritual" forces in the way that you are probably implying in your post, but it is a short leap for Christians - who maintain that spiritual health directly affects (if not determines) character to square your post and Seligman's theories.

alanmolstad

I read contraeverything original post for this topic....

And while I may not know all that much about demons and possession, I do recognize when a guy has run into a case of "mother-in-law"

All I can say of that I feel for you...I think a lot of married men can understand what it is like to find yourself having gotten married-into a family that is likely all crazy.

just hang in there.
    try to overlook their issues.
    and , if needed, find other things to do outside during the get-gatherers.