Thread: Demon Possession

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MacG

Hey Contra,

I remember listening to WM on the radio and if memory serves he thought well of Kurt Koch. I to have read several of Dr. Koch's books. He had the opinion that the "door" to possesion can be in some cases ancestral I am not sure about Martin's take. Occaisonally WM tapes on the occult are posted to listen to online and they are helpful.

A word of caution (since I do not know you I did not want to let this go unsaid). Kurt Koch shared a case study where a Christian took up a room across from a Temple of some sort to pray against the spirts there. He went insane. It is never the case that any exorcism that was done by the Apostles or Jesus Himself was sought out by them. The possesed found their way to them. The one that I can think of that was attempted in Acts that turned out pretty bad was attempted by a non believer ending with seven brothers getting beaten badly. Jesus also cautioned about deliveing a possesed person who was not ready for the cast out demon will get seven other spirits and re-enter them so their condition was worse than before. I had a discussion with a local pastor (with experience in this area) about this and he concurs. This pastor said that people came to him expressing concern that they may be possessed and scheduled a counselling sesson to investigate. It was not his place to go to them and say that he thought that they were possesed. So do not go looking for it, the results can be bad for all involved. In particuar if they are not possesed.

This is another key point that Dr. Koch discussed: Check for all organic and "psychic" causes. Psychic here refers to mental causes. He was careful to reserve possession as a cause for symptoms as a last possible cause and did not seek it out.

This is nothing to take lightly, do not over step your bounds and you are showing some wisdom asking for much counsel.

Blessings,

MacG

contraeverything

MacG:

I do not consider myself to be an "exorcist," and am seeking nothing whatsoever out. I simply know of this situation that is going on near to me and reading Martin's "Occult" kind of spurred some thought. My intent is really not to prepare to be an exorcist, it is really to simply have some folks who might know Martin's writings better than I, or might have a better understanding of possession than I from experience, evaluate my theory (that I believe to be Biblical, at least till shown otherwise) that willful separation from God's will, i.e., rebellion, is a more likely explanation of demon possession than is some sort of formalized indulgence in tarot cards, psychics, witchcraft, or what have you.

Again, I'm not denying that indulgence in such occult practices would lead to demon possession, but I think I am maintaining that much more than mere indulgence in occultism could lead to possession. In the case of the family to which I refer in the original post, the grandmother's lifetime of personal rebellion against her husband, against God, and willful embrace of feminism seems to have led to some awful consequences throughout her family. In that sense, I would certainly agree that it appears that possession/oppression might be "generational," whether by contact or influence, I don't know.

My interest in the situation that I relate above is, at this point, far more theoretical than practical. As you say, the grandmother has not asked for help as of this moment. But I would love to see if someone might shed some light on the ***ertions that I make above from a Biblical context.

Thanks again for your kind reply.