Thread: R UFOs real?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pilgrim1411

The phrase "conspiracy theory" means nothing to me. It is just a label. Cooper presents the data and the facts that he personally witnessed and read while a Naval Intelligence Agent.

I do not dialogue with people who have no right to have an opinion about something (not referring to you), because they have not yet examined the data and evidence. They just make a priori conclusions prior to examination. This is reflective of mind control and a mental prison --when they do not think outside the little box (or paradigm/worldview) they have manufactured for themselves. I don't have time for this. I deal with data and facts.

There have been projects specifically created to "discredit" the UFO phenomenon, like Project Snowball. In other words, there are two agendas at work I believe: one to promote the phenomenon, and one to "discredit" it.

Just as there have been projects for debunking the UFO phenomenon, there also were projects supporting the idea. Project Sign people supported the idea of extraterrestrials, but then Project Grudge had a purpose to debunk it. Project Blue Book went through several generations of leadership, some leaning toward, some against, and some were more objective.

It all has to do with the story that is told when presenting the evidence. In a courtroom, evidence is presented which is all out of its original context (it being in the courtroom). If evidence was presented with no story, then no verdict could be made, unless a story was created to formulate a verdict. It is the task of the jury to hear the story (i.e. both from the prosecutor and from the defender) and discern whose story is more believable based on the evidence presented. This is how verdicts are reached.

Just because a verdict is reached and 12 people have agreed on it, doesn't mean the verdict is the absolute truth. But it is truth enough for the court and the judge to affect someone's life for a long time (or not affect it).

I was discussing once about the Catholic bishop who had quoted to a newspaper that he believed in extraterrestrials. I believe he said something about we should be friendly to them if they come. Then I said, "Well, I suppose that if some demons showed up that looked like frogs (Rev. 16:13), that he would put out his hand and say 'Welcome alien brothers, what do you have to say?'"
    TD

Columcille

I have just read most comments here. I don't get it. Who here is really supporting UFOs? It seems to me that what has been expressed so far is that it is demonic and empirically unreliable. If it is demonic, the metaphysical aspects of observation would be one of perception of a spiritual event. I can believe Angels and Demons exist, but I don't think they are going to be put into a test-tube and disected.

To me, a presentation of an apparation can be caused by several things, and I will include UFO encounters rather than sightings. Firstly, it could be someone just ate at a restaurant that Adam Richman visited and consumed the food challenge. I wonder if eating the "Four Horseman Challenge" in San Antonio, TX would seriously alter one's perception after suffering over the jalapeno, serrano, habanero and naga bhut jolokia chile peppers.

Secondly, it could be psychological. Some people are looking for it, openly imagining it, and a dream state with such intensity may just seem real to them. Ever been in a deep dream where you felt it was almost real? Well, it was real... it was a real live experience of dreaming.

Thirdly, I would have to say demonic. However, demonic activity has a devious intent. To draw people away from God is the foremost reason. If there is a specific message within UFO encounters, I would have to say it would draw people away from God. If we ***ume there are E.T.s out there, the technology of travel would increase dependency on science with a religious fever pitch. If a US missile, HTV2 can reach a whopping Mach 20 speed roughly 13,000 mph, how would one sustain a travel speed of even greater and reliable intensity to make a UFO possible? I do not think "light" can push matter, but it sure feels good on the face when at the pool.

How a Catholic Bishop can believe in UFOs is beyond my comprehension... perhaps he needs to start taking his medication and laying off the burritos.

Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
    I have just read most comments here. I don't get it. Who here is really supporting UFOs?

<snip>

How a Catholic Bishop can believe in UFOs is beyond my comprehension... perhaps he needs to start taking his medication and laying off the burritos.
    When you ask "who is supporting UFOs" your question is somewhat vague. Are you asking who supports the idea that UFOs are a physical phenomenon vs a spiritual or imaginary? Or that it may be material but imaginary interpretation of it? When you ask a loaded question like this, please be clear about what you're asking.

If you want my take on it, you can read my earlier post. I still have questions about the validity of what people claim they see in addition to their interpretation of it.

In regard to your final statement, here is more info on it:

Monsignor Corrado Balducci:
    http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=143361
    http://www.ufodigest.com/balducci.html
    He states they "are NOT demonic, they are NOT due to psychological impairment, they are NOT a case of en***y attachment, but these encounters deserve to be studied carefully." By this, it appears that he believes it is a physical phenomenon; albeit he appears to be basing this on anecdotal evidence.

Astronomer Father Gabriel Funes:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7399661.stm

TD