Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Why are atheists always inconsistent???

  1. #1
    Jean Chauvin
    Guest

    Default Why are atheists always inconsistent???

    WHY ARE ATHEISTS ALWAYS INCONSISTENT???

    Atheism is inconsistent. Since an atheist can never know, they can never claim to be an atheist. And logically they can never complain about Christianity or theism in general.

    And since they cannot know, they cannot communicate. Thus either they cope with this life of silence, or they become violent and kill people.

    Be more consistent. I would want you to be the best atheist you can be.

    Respectfully,

    Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

  2. #2
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    agnosticism is where a guy says we can never know for sure.

    an atheist is where a guy says he knows there is no gods.

  3. #3
    That Guy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    agnosticism is where a guy says we can never know for sure.

    an atheist is where a guy says he knows there is no gods.
    This is misrepresenting. Atheism is the lack of belief in god. Go back and read the definition as presented by "An Anthology of Atheism and Rationalism". I'm an atheist. I lack belief in god. However, I cannot say that god does not exist because that would make me arrogant and mean that I'm claiming a superior knowledge. Which I am not. Get your stuff together, bud.

  4. #4
    That Guy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Chauvin View Post
    WHY ARE ATHEISTS ALWAYS INCONSISTENT???

    Atheism is inconsistent. Since an atheist can never know, they can never claim to be an atheist. And logically they can never complain about Christianity or theism in general.

    And since they cannot know, they cannot communicate. Thus either they cope with this life of silence, or they become violent and kill people.

    Be more consistent. I would want you to be the best atheist you can be.

    Respectfully,

    Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).
    Nice wolf in sheeps clothing post. Save your "respect" for your fellow believers.

  5. #5
    Senior Member MacG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    This is misrepresenting. Atheism is the lack of belief in god. Go back and read the definition as presented by "An Anthology of Atheism and Rationalism". I'm an atheist. I lack belief in god. However, I cannot say that god does not exist because that would make me arrogant and mean that I'm claiming a superior knowledge. Which I am not. Get your stuff together, bud.
    Greetings TG. You said that you lack belief in God but can't know for sure that there is no God. So that seems to be a faith statement. DOes your signature apply to you as well? "Faith is an abstract idea in which no proof of the miraculous, mystical, unseen can be qualified. At best, it is the product of one's own psychology as a means to protect oneself and to give reason to life, to existence, and to self."

    If so how does this give reason to your life and to self?

    MacG
    "Said I'm not what I ought to be, but I'm better, better than I used to be, I'm gettin better all the time" - Blind Boys of Alabama Ephesians 4:22-24 NASB ..."that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth"

  6. #6
    That Guy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    Greetings TG. You said that you lack belief in God but can't know for sure that there is no God. So that seems to be a faith statement. DOes your signature apply to you as well? "Faith is an abstract idea in which no proof of the miraculous, mystical, unseen can be qualified. At best, it is the product of one's own psychology as a means to protect oneself and to give reason to life, to existence, and to self."

    If so how does this give reason to your life and to self?

    MacG
    Not at all. No need to twist the statement to try to make an argument. I lack belief in god in other words god is not relevent to me. I do not worship god. I have no need for god. I never said that I thought god might exist. I'm saying I can't prove that he does or does not. Answering that question should be outrightly rejected because it is not of any importance.

  7. #7
    James Banta
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Not at all. No need to twist the statement to try to make an argument. I lack belief in god in other words god is not relevent to me. I do not worship god. I have no need for god. I never said that I thought god might exist. I'm saying I can't prove that he does or does not. Answering that question should be outrightly rejected because it is not of any importance.
    This is a good place for you to bring up your issues with Religion and God.. Believing you have no place in your life for God means that He will have no place for you either.. You understand that if this God you deny is there you will not share in His rest? Eternity is a VERY long time.. IHS jim

  8. #8
    Senior Member MacG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Not at all. No need to twist the statement to try to make an argument. I lack belief in god in other words god is not relevent to me. I do not worship god. I have no need for god. I never said that I thought god might exist. I'm saying I can't prove that he does or does not. Answering that question should be outrightly rejected because it is not of any importance.
    I'm saying I can't prove that he does or does not.
    ag·nos·tic/agˈnästik/
    Noun: A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

    So the difference here is that you lack belief whereas the agnostic has neither belief or disbelief.

    I am a little lost here as this sounds like a distinction without a difference. Can you help me out?

    Thanks,

    MacG
    "Said I'm not what I ought to be, but I'm better, better than I used to be, I'm gettin better all the time" - Blind Boys of Alabama Ephesians 4:22-24 NASB ..."that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth"

  9. #9
    Senior Member God-free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bowie, Maryland
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Chauvin View Post
    WHY ARE ATHEISTS ALWAYS INCONSISTENT???

    Atheism is inconsistent.
    Atheism is mere non-belief in the existence of any god(s). I don't think it can be inconsistent.

    Since an atheist can never know, they can never claim to be an atheist.
    You're confusing the question of belief with the question of knowledge. For example, I don't believe in any god (atheism) and I don't claim to know there is no god (agnostic). So, the label of 'agnostic atheist' could, rightly, be applied to me.

    And logically they can never complain about Christianity or theism in general.
    Sure they can. One doesn't have to believe the claims of Christianity in order to have an understanding of it, and to be able to point out why they disagree with it.

    Are you aware that theism is mere belief in the existence of one or more gods? On its own (i.e. without the baggage of a belief system with doctrines and dogma), I just think it's peculiar. In other words, I feel the same way about theism as I do about people who believe they've seen a ghost.

    And since they cannot know, they cannot communicate. Thus either they cope with this life of silence, or they become violent and kill people.
    I communicate just fine, and I can tell you that in all the time I've been an atheist, I've never once become violent nor have I killed anyone.

    Be more consistent. I would want you to be the best atheist you can be.
    If you think atheism leads to violence and murder, I have to wonder why you would want any atheist to be "the best atheist [they] can be."
    Last edited by God-free; 09-11-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: grammar
    Q. What is an atheist?
    A. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe that any god or gods exist.

    Q. How do you know God doesn't exist?
    A. I didn't say God doesn't exist. I said I don't believe it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •