Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the requirements to be a Christian?

Billyray

BigJ what are the requirements to be a Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Billyray, I have told you already. You are beginning to repeat questions.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Both the Norhern Kingdom and the Southern Kingdom went astray from God.

Hsa 5:12 Therefore [will] I [be] unto Ephraim as a moth, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.

And they fought many wars as well.
    While the South (Judah) had some righteous kings, the north did NOT.. Right from the start the king of Israel (Jeroboam) took up other gods making Israel sin.. He appointed priest and they offered sacrifice to two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And he made an high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi (1Kings 12).. Therefore God sold Israel into ***yria long before Babylon came down to punish Judah for Her sin.. Israel was ***imilated into ***yria while Judah kept her national iden***y.. For within Judah was Jerusalem, and within Jerusalem was the Temple, the reason for priesthood.

Building high places for Israel to worship was evil in the sight of God.. There is one and only one place on the whole earth where God has chosen to have a house built to His name.. Mormonism has chosen the way of Jeroboam and has built many high places to worship it's gods.. If you think this line of scripture can prove anything for mormonism you have no been shown that it is just the opposite. It disproves any religion that will build a high place anyplace but the place God has chosen.. Even after the LDS church has built many temples the place God has chosen to put His name to have a house built for His glory remains empty and in ruin.. And the only reason for this is that mormonism follows the same path as Jeroboam in building High Places to it's false gods.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    While the South (Judah) had some righteous kings, the north did NOT.. Right from the start the king of Israel (Jeroboam) took up other gods making Israel sin.. He appointed priest and they offered sacrifice to two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And he made an high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi (1Kings 12).. Therefore God sold Israel into ***yria long before Babylon came down to punish Judah for Her sin.. Israel was ***imilated into ***yria while Judah kept her national iden***y.. For within Judah was Jerusalem, and within Jerusalem was the Temple, the reason for priesthood.

Building high places for Israel to worship was evil in the sight of God.. There is one and only one place on the whole earth where God has chosen to have a house built to His name.. Mormonism has chosen the way of Jeroboam and has built many high places to worship it's gods.. If you think this line of scripture can prove anything for mormonism you have no been shown that it is just the opposite. It disproves any religion that will build a high place anyplace but the place God has chosen.. Even after the LDS church has built many temples the place God has chosen to put His name to have a house built for His glory remains empty and in ruin.. And the only reason for this is that mormonism follows the same path as Jeroboam in building High Places to it's false gods.. IHS jim
    The ruler will come out of Judah, but the birthright belongs to Ephraim. The Northern tribe has been "lost", but it will not stay that way. Each tribe will be gathered in again and Christ will sit as their King. These are the prophecies of the last days.

Isa 11:13 The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.

Also, Jeruselum was the only place for the temple of the Old Testament, but in the last days, God has restored His gospel and it no longer is subject to only those in Jeruselum.

Isa 2:2 And it shall come to p*** in the last days, [that] the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
    Last edited by BigJulie; 05-26-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Billyray

Billyray, I have told you already.
    How about a quick summary for me BigJ because you have waffled back and forth in your answers.

How about a quick summary for me BigJ because you have waffled back and forth in your answers.

First off, you question: What are the requirements to be a Christian?-- is the same type of question What are the requirements to be a "neighbor"?

So, with that in mind, I will answer you with the exact same answer that I have answered twice before: A person who follows the SPIRIT of Christ is a Christian. Those who do not, are not.

Who is the neighbor? According to Christ, it is the one who acts like a neighbor. Likewise Christ teaches: Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Billyray

First off, you question: What are the requirements to be a Christian?-- is the same type of question What are the requirements to be a "neighbor"?

So, with that in mind, I will answer you with the exact same answer that I have answered twice before: A person who follows the SPIRIT of Christ is a Christian. Those who do not, are not.

Who is the neighbor? According to Christ, it is the one who acts like a neighbor. Likewise Christ teaches: Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    Is faith in Christ required?

Is baptism required?

Is the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost required?

Is obedience to the commandments required?

Is faith in Christ required?

Is baptism required?

Is the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost required?

Is obedience to the commandments required?
    What do you not understand about following the Spirit? You remind me of the Pharisees--how many steps can one walk and the Sabbath? Who is my neighbor? Can a man re-enter his mother's womb? Do I give to God or to Ceasar? All of these questions apply to those who do not know what it means to follow the Spirit.

Billyray

What do you not understand about following the Spirit?
    I follow the spirit and the only thing required to be Christian is to be regenerated and have faith in Christ. Am I wrong? Is anything else required?

I follow the spirit and the only thing required to be Christian is to be regenerated and have faith in Christ. Am I wrong? Is anything else required?
    You say you follow the spirit. That is the point. Let me give to you this parable again:

Matthew 21: 28-31 But what think ye? A [certain] man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I [go], sir: and went not. Whether of them twain did the will of [his] father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

I have said it before and I will say it again, you have not convinced me that you are Christian by your at***udes and behaviors here in this forum. You can say you are all you want, I just don't see it. (Other "Christians" here, yes---you, no.)

Billyray

I have said it before and I will say it again, you have not convinced me that you are Christian by your at***udes and behaviors here in this forum.
    This is the whole point of this thread BigJ.

What are the requirements to be a Christian? BTW how many times do I have to ask you before you give me a real answer?

This is the whole point of this thread BigJ.

What are the requirements to be a Christian? BTW how many times do I have to ask you before you give me a real answer?
    I have given you the answer 3 times now. Oh--so you want "the real answer"---please, by all means, tell me what it is since you seem to think you know.

Let me see if I can make this more clear.

Christ taught:

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

So, my answer to the requirements question: A person who follows the SPIRIT of Christ is a Christian. Those who do not, are not.

Just so I make myself really clear...

"He that doeth the will of my Father" = "A person who follows the SPIRIT."

or said another way:

"He that doeth the will of my Father" equals, is the same as "A person who follows the SPIRIT."

Billyray

I have given you the answer 3 times now. Oh--so you want "the real answer"---please, by all means, tell me what it is since you seem to think you know.
    The spirit testifies to me through his word that we are saved by faith in Christ. I have faith in Christ and have been regenerated. Does this make me a Christian or are other things required?

Billyray

So requirements for being a Christian include obedience to the commandments?

Anything else?

The spirit testifies to me through his word that we are saved by faith in Christ. I have faith in Christ and have been regenerated. Does this make me a Christian or are other things required?
    Once again...Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

So, no, I am not convinced that you have been "regenerated". Sorry.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

So requirements for being a Christian include obedience to the commandments?

Anything else?
    Well, seeing as these are the words of Christ that you do this if you love Him, maybe you need to talk to Him.

It is also interesting to note that you got "requirements for being a Christian include obedience to the commandments" from this: Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Okay, Billyray--you need to obey the commandments to be a Christian--according to your understanding of Matt 7:21. You understanding of "doing the will of the Father" must be the same as "obedience to the commandments...if that right?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

So, no, I am not convinced that you have been "regenerated". Sorry.
    So faith in Christ is not enough to make me a Christian? I understand that you don't believe that. What else is required?

Billyray

Well, seeing as these are the words of Christ that you do this if you love Him, maybe you need to talk to Him.
    Are obedience to the commandment a requirement for being a Christian?

Are obedience to the commandment a requirement for being a Christian?
    That seems to be the way you intrepret the scripture...I will repeat:

It is also interesting to note that you got "requirements for being a Christian include obedience to the commandments" from this: Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Okay, Billyray--you need to obey the commandments to be a Christian--according to your understanding of Matt 7:21. You understanding of "doing the will of the Father" must be the same as "obedience to the commandments...if that right?

So faith in Christ is not enough to make me a Christian? I understand that you don't believe that. What else is required?
    Once again...Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Maybe you need to answer what "faith in Christ" is first.

Billyray

Okay, Billyray--you need to obey the commandments to be a Christian--according to your understanding of Matt 7:21. You understanding of "doing the will of the Father" must be the same as "obedience to the commandments...if that right?
    I am trying to get you to tell me the requirements and you are not being very clear with me. Please just be honest and give me the requirements. Fair enough?

I am trying to get you to tell me the requirements and you are not being very clear with me. Please just be honest and give me the requirements. Fair enough?
    Billyray--only God can give you the requirements and to think you can get them from me is futile. This really is between you and God. I tell you what Christ tells me--that you need to do the will of the Father. The very fact that you think you need some type of laundry list from me convinces me you have yet to figure this out with God. Sorry.

Billyray

Maybe you need to answer what "faith in Christ" is first.
    Putting complete trust in Christ that he will save me from sins.

Putting complete trust in Christ that he will save me from sins.
    And what does this look like to you? Does it mean that you follow the Spirit also known as doing the will of the Father?