Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Philosophy

alanmolstad

And I would say that the main thing attacking the Christian church in our age is "Liberalism"

For it has caused a lot of harm to the Episcopal church and to the Lutheran church as well...

The other greatest danger to the church is found in the breakdown of the family unit...

Jean Chauvin

Default Hello

How you view your thoughts is your philosophy?

The word philosophy among the victims of the public school system is like a rubber band word. You can stretch the rubber band to make it fit or mean anything you want ii to.

1) You have yet to make an argument
    2) You have yet to demonstrate a philosophy, thus if this is your philosophy, you do not have a philosophy.

Theology is not philosophy. You would want to make sure you don't mix up the cl***ifications

The modern attack on the church will eat you alive. I'm not trying to make you feel bad but rather encourage you to actually apply critical thinking.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Jean Chauvin

Default Hi Alan

Hi Alan..

I agree with you Alan, but the bullets that liberals shoot are dominately philosohical absolutely. Philosophy is the bullet for any group of people to use.

Dr. Morey and I had this discussion in his car. I brought up the notion of philosophy leading the attack. Through a long discussion he agreed. Walter Martin asked him to take over before Hank conned his way in. Hank constantly felt threatened by Morey when I was working for him.

The attack is dominately of philosophy without question no matter the venue in question.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Chauvin View Post
    Dr. Morey and I had this discussion in his car.
    Dont care.....not part of this topic....

alanmolstad

How you view your thoughts is your philosophy?

caught that did you?......good.

alanmolstad

Theology is not philosophy. .....
    here it is......

alanmolstad

That the winter, with the snow, the wind, the ice, is the best time of year...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    My Philosophy:
    My views of the Mormon faith?

Joseph Smith made the whole thing up...

This means?...

This means there was no visit by any angels to him.
    No burred golden plates.
    No translations into the book of Mormon.
    The book of Mormon was just something made up.
    None of the new stories about people going to America from the holy lands are true.
    The god of the Mormons is fake, and invented.
    That all the death and suffering of Mormons to follow Smith's teachings have been pointless.
    That all the door-to-door work of Mormons is of no value at all to them, and it serves only to spread a false religion.

I wrote the above back on 07-17-2011 and so I was looking at my list to see if any of my views on Mormonism have changed?
    The list has many statements that over the years I have seen Mormons attempt to challenge-

"This means there was no visit by any angels to him." ------------This view of mine has just become more and more 100% certain to me personally.
    I have been able to learn more and more details of the 'story" of Joe Smith's claims of a visitation, and for the life of me I find it totally crazy that people took him seriously.
    To my mind he was clearly a thief and flim-flam man that was clearly out to con other men out of their coin and later out of their wives and daughters.

"No burred golden plates."----------I have seen not even a real attempt by any Mormon to defend the idea that there really were any plates.
    I have learned of the ever-changing account told about the plates, and something tells me that a lot of Mormons are in their church based on other reasons and dont really put any stock in any of the story of finding anything by Smith.

"No translations into the book of Mormon."-------------the story of the magic 'hat' is a laugh, and I think that really deep down most people do too...
    And that means that the whole of the Book Of Mormon is juts something the guy made up....or lifted from other sources.

"The god of the Mormons is fake, and invented."--------because I think its clear that Joe Smith was a lier and made up the story of the Golden Plates and thevisits by Angels, I also hold that the "god' of mormonism is a false god.
    This means that the religion of joe Smith is invented and is aimed at leading people away from the true God of the Bible...

That being the case, I believe that all Mormons who have put their trust in the false god taught by Smith are lost and still in their sins.

This means that all Mormons die and go to hell, to burn forever and ever in never-ending suffering .

I wrote the above back on 07-17-2011 and so I was looking at my list to see if any of my views on Mormonism have changed?
    The list has many statements that over the years I have seen Mormons attempt to challenge-

"This means there was no visit by any angels to him." ------------This view of mine has just become more and more 100% certain to me personally.
    I have been able to learn more and more details of the 'story" of Joe Smith's claims of a visitation, and for the life of me I find it totally crazy that people took him seriously.
    To my mind he was clearly a thief and flim-flam man that was clearly out to con other men out of their coin and later out of their wives and daughters.

"No burred golden plates."----------I have seen not even a real attempt by any Mormon to defend the idea that there really were any plates.
    I have learned of the ever-changing account told about the plates, and something tells me that a lot of Mormons are in their church based on other reasons and dont really put any stock in any of the story of finding anything by Smith.

"No translations into the book of Mormon."-------------the story of the magic 'hat' is a laugh, and I think that really deep down most people do too...
    And that means that the whole of the Book Of Mormon is juts something the guy made up....or lifted from other sources.

"The god of the Mormons is fake, and invented."--------because I think its clear that Joe Smith was a lier and made up the story of the Golden Plates and thevisits by Angels, I also hold that the "god' of mormonism is a false god.
    This means that the religion of joe Smith is invented and is aimed at leading people away from the true God of the Bible...

That being the case, I believe that all Mormons who have put their trust in the false god taught by Smith are lost and still in their sins.

This means that all Mormons die and go to hell, to burn forever and ever in never-ending suffering .
    Sounds all true to me. At the risk of an over-simplifying remark, , what chance is there of God’s people stopping it?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    Sounds all true to me. At the risk of an over-simplifying remark, , what chance is there of God’s people stopping it?
    As part of my church's outreach to the world of the CULTS I was called on many times to come to the house of members of my church to help them deal with a situation.
    most of the time it was a family member that had turned to a CULT>
    Many times it was all a shock to the parents....many times it was all about a wedding in the near future where suddenly the parents of a boy or girl in our church were made aware that the wedding would take place it what was clearly not a Christian-type faith.

I worked mostly with the JWs, but from time to time I was called on to help some people that had some issue with the Mormons.
    Due to a huge Mormon Temple that is local it was not uncommon for people to have run-ins with Mormons and would need advice on how to handle some very tricky situations.

One night I traveled to a home of some parents that had no idea they their daughter was about to marry a member of the Mormon church until two days before.
    I can understand that..
    I mean who really asks about that stuff anymore?

So I showed a video about the history and teachings of the Mormon church, and about the history Joe Smith had with his treasure seeking etc...
    Then I had a few hand-outs to give the parents...and showed them a few books by Walter martin that I always carried with me and kept by the front door.

The dad i remember listened to what i had to say, but then I could tell it was just not what he was looking for out of me.

He asked me..."Is this all there is?...Thats all we can do to stop this wedding?, Whats it going to matter if we read some books and go talk to our minister?"

Clearly the dad wanted me to have some type of "RULE"...that would stop the wedding cold.
    He wanted to earn that this type of marriage would be against some type of Law, and we could call someone and they would stop the wedding.

But that simply is not the case.

All I could do is bring over information, and then pray with the parents.

Information shared....education on the facts....and prayer is all I knew how to do to help the parents.
    It's not magic.
    It's not guaranteed to work every time.
    But I dont know what else a person can do for members who face this type of situation.

education and prayer......

alanmolstad

and.....once again on the one night I have totally all this free time and nothing else to do, no one on this forum is posting any new comments?...

Typical

But far more interesting is what was the philosophy rising up against Walter Martin this poster was aware of?

For, as Mr.Chauvin did say,

Theology is not philosophy. You would want to make sure you don't mix up the cl***ifications
    But your response was too short if you ask me. I would have let him expound to see if philosophy was at the root there.
    Mike.

alanmolstad

That kid has a few posts left on the forum that have not been cleared so you can find them and learn what the kid was into.

That kid has a few posts left on the forum that have not been cleared so you can find them and learn what the kid was into.
    Goodness, you seem quite at ease dusting off one heckuva suspicion there, IMOpinion

But then, you’ve been around the block here, , , possibly not comfortable in saying, this “kid” turned out to be of questionable character, , resorting to drag the bulk of his commentary into question? Then that I could understand.

Still, seems to me it would be up to all enquirers to prove he didn’t work for him for starters.

alanmolstad

if he connected his posts to his email then you can ask him yourself

alanmolstad

If I remember right, he did not have a very good grasp of the English language, yet someone had taught him the word "Heretic" (he loved that word).

Thats about all I remember of his posts on the forum.

alanmolstad

over the events on this forum for the last few months, I have come to a new conclusion.

My conclusion is about how people are seen acting when they come to a message board such as this and start to post comments and get into a debate.

This is my conclusion : "You can not predict the manners of a person by their religion"

I have been going over some recent posts and also going over some topics that date back 5 or more years, and I have noticed that just because a person might claim to be a member of the "truth" and in the "right church" it really means squat as to how they act while visiting this site.

You can check and find the word "BANNED" under people of any religion you can name.
    You can read the posts of people that were banned, and it becaomes clear they had no intention of displaying good manners while here..

On the other hand...

You also can find many members of this forum that always post in a friendly manner, and always in a calm style.
    And these members come from all types of different religions.

You cant predict just by their religion how nice people are to deal with on the board...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4]Goodness, you seem quite at ease dusting off one heckuva suspicion there, IMOpinion

]
    from time to time we see guests turn up here that are well known at other forums ...

alanmolstad

more of ,,, My Philosophy -

I open doors for people that I think might enjoy being inside.

I do this in my real life, I do this with my life here on this forum.
    I try to post comments that show what I think, and write them in a manner that shows how I came to my conclusions.

I enjoy the chance to write here.
    I dont try to force anyone to read my words.
    I dont expect to convince anyone that Im right....but I do try to write in a style that is easy to read and puts my views in the best light.

I do this so that if I find a person that is someone that is open to my views that they will be able to read what I say and understand it with ease.

I try to also remember that I dont meet anyone here by accident.