Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Philosophy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

When you are full of the Spirit, Jesus called it being Born Again.

an example?
    Back when i was in Bible School this concept talked about in the Bible to "Be perfect" as well as the verses that talk about God being the author of our "perfection" came up once in a sermon.

What we learned is best understood in this story...

A new mom and dad are getting the house ready for both the in-laws to visit and see their new grandchild for the first time.

The new mother had made all ready for the big visit.
    She had washed the baby , and dressed the child in the finest new baby clothes she could find in the store.

Then she wrapped the baby in a new baby blanket, that placed the baby down in the new baby b***inet, and then carefully arranged the insides of the b***inet in the most careful of ways....

She backed up and looked down at the sleeping child just as the doorbell rang....

Everything was ready...

The grand mothers enter the house, and while their husbands make small talk in the living room, both new grandmothers head directly to the back bedroom were the child was.

as soon as they saw the child they began to praise the beauty they beheld...

But they also got down to business and began to strip away the b***inet, strip away the new baby blankets....strip away all the baby clothes, and then began to count all the child's fingers and toes to make sure all was accounted for.

Then satisfied the grandmothers return the baby to the mother's arms as they both pronounced the child- "PERFECT"

The use in the story above of the term "perfect' matches the use and context that the term is also used by Jesus and also where it talks about God being the author of our "Perfection"

what we should have in mind is that we are "lacking nothing "
    and in the context of the story of the salvation of man, the moment we place our faith in the death and resurrection of Christ we are no longer lacking something else to be saved.

in other words?

In other words, once a Christian is "Born Again" we no longer have to become born again a 2nd or 3rd or 4th time....being Born Again is a completed act and we are a "New creature"...

It means that when Jesus died one for all on the cross, he does not have to die over and over and over....
    The single act of his death on the cross is sufficient and lacking in nothing...

we are made perfect, by the author of our perfection..

If you have a doubt about what im teaching...lets just turn to Mark 10:21

'Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

we will always lack, and never be "perfect' unless we do as Jesus commands when he said ... "follow me"

Doing works, keeping all the law, will always leave you coming up short of "perfection"

The moment we place our faith in him, we no longer lack anything...

alanmolstad

Matthew 11:29
    "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Matthew 11:30
    "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Once again this set of verses came up during my time in Bible School and I learned how to understand this part of about the "yoke" and the "burden"

The context is talking about an agricultural understanding of how farmers would connect matched animals together to make sure they pulled equally as a team.

The context of the phrase "My yoke is easy" is pointing to one animal pulling harder than another.

This is again pointed to in the confirming phrase of "burden is light" meaning that the 2nd animal is a step behind the other and thus has the lighter drag that the 1st carries.

So in the wider contextual understanding of what Jesus is talking about is that when you walk with Christ it is He who does the hard work and you who walk relieved of the burden that He alone will bear.

This is likely a illustration of the work of the death and resurrection of our Lord in the salvation of mankind.

It is He alone who has accomplished the needed work, while we receive the benefit of His death on the cross paying for sin.

He does the work, our burden is light.

Now how I try to teach this concept to people who ask about it is to point out over verses that talk about the danger in a mixed faith marriage.
    I show the text that tells us to not be "unequally yoked"
    From this you have to understand a bit about how the yoke works , but luck for me I did grow up on a farm, and so i could explain that when you yoke up two animals that dont pull (They actually push the yoke, but thats a different story) the same you have trouble as one is always pulling harder than the other.
    This is , or rather this was an issue in the olden days as it was always tricky to get some animals to pull equally being that some seem to learn if they walk just a step or two back there is very little burden on them and all of the burden is transferred to the other.....thus the use of the goad.

I remember this once came up during the movie Ben-Hur and how Charlton Heston suggested that a team of horses be hitched up in a different order to keep one from being lazy and not pulling equally

So the image I have is that you are a farmer 2 to 3000 years ago, and are going to pull something with animals.
    So you yoke up your draft animals , consisting of a few monster-size Oxen and a Shetland pony.

How much real burden will that pony be dealing with?...not much...LOL

Jean Chauvin

Default ********um Eliche

Hello,

What does this have to do with philosophy? This category is dusty and nobody has the white cell power to speak on it.

When Jill's dad was around, the cults were the main attack on the church absolutely. With the 60's spread and the 70's. However this is NO LONGER THE CASE.

While there are cults out there that need to be evangelized, the dominate attack on Christianity is that of philosophy.

Philosophical attacks are aggressively on the rise. Since Christians are trained in the public school system and realize later in life that they never really learned how to read, philosophy eats away at the core of Christianity and 99% of our seminaries are pagan/heretical.

I will name a few examples so you can try to understand what is happening.

--Natural Theology/Philosophy -
    This is absolutely an attack and prominent men are adhering to it. RC Sproul, Roman Geisler, Gerstner and virtually all the Biola Swamp in southern california.

This is essential to Christianity and attacks sola Scriptura.

--The philosophy of science --
    Is Christianity empiricial in areas of science (We live by faith, not by sight). Is empiricism the only way for science to be conducted?
    Since the Bible is not empiricial, thus Genesis is not science?

--The Laws of Logic--

Cats have 9 tails
    0 tails is less then 1 tail
    Thus cats have 8 tails

what happen here? Is this a vald, sound invalid argument?

How would you answer this charge against a pagan.

"You have a leap of faith and thus you are outside of reason. "

What does leap of faith mean? Where does it come from? What does it entail? Who created this view?

With Post-modernism among us, every known philosophical attack is being ****n our direction. We do not know what the bullet looks like let alone how to defend it.

In this post, somebody was trying to attack Genesis on the grounds of science. This is a philosophical attack follks.

Once you understand where he is coming from his logical fallacies would be so incredibly clear that in a matter of moments, the pagan on here would be crying like a little girl or turning his life over to Jesus.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Yes, let's still evangelize to the cults, but our primary attention needs to move another direction.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Chauvin View Post
    Hello,

What does this have to do with philosophy? .
    It's my topic, and this is how I view my thoughts about many issues....it's my philosophy...

alanmolstad

And I would say that the main thing attacking the Christian church in our age is "Liberalism"

For it has caused a lot of harm to the Episcopal church and to the Lutheran church as well...

The other greatest danger to the church is found in the breakdown of the family unit...

Jean Chauvin

Default Hello

How you view your thoughts is your philosophy?

The word philosophy among the victims of the public school system is like a rubber band word. You can stretch the rubber band to make it fit or mean anything you want ii to.

1) You have yet to make an argument
    2) You have yet to demonstrate a philosophy, thus if this is your philosophy, you do not have a philosophy.

Theology is not philosophy. You would want to make sure you don't mix up the cl***ifications

The modern attack on the church will eat you alive. I'm not trying to make you feel bad but rather encourage you to actually apply critical thinking.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Jean Chauvin

Default Hi Alan

Hi Alan..

I agree with you Alan, but the bullets that liberals shoot are dominately philosohical absolutely. Philosophy is the bullet for any group of people to use.

Dr. Morey and I had this discussion in his car. I brought up the notion of philosophy leading the attack. Through a long discussion he agreed. Walter Martin asked him to take over before Hank conned his way in. Hank constantly felt threatened by Morey when I was working for him.

The attack is dominately of philosophy without question no matter the venue in question.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

alanmolstad

Dr. Morey and I had this discussion in his car.
    Dont care.....not part of this topic....

alanmolstad

How you view your thoughts is your philosophy?

caught that did you?......good.

alanmolstad

Theology is not philosophy. .....
    here it is......

alanmolstad

That the winter, with the snow, the wind, the ice, is the best time of year...

But far more interesting is what was the philosophy rising up against Walter Martin this poster was aware of?

For, as Mr.Chauvin did say,

Theology is not philosophy. You would want to make sure you don't mix up the cl***ifications
    But your response was too short if you ask me. I would have let him expound to see if philosophy was at the root there.
    Mike.

alanmolstad

That kid has a few posts left on the forum that have not been cleared so you can find them and learn what the kid was into.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    That kid has a few posts left on the forum that have not been cleared so you can find them and learn what the kid was into.
    Goodness, you seem quite at ease dusting off one heckuva suspicion there, IMOpinion

But then, you’ve been around the block here, , , possibly not comfortable in saying, this “kid” turned out to be of questionable character, , resorting to drag the bulk of his commentary into question? Then that I could understand.

Still, seems to me it would be up to all enquirers to prove he didn’t work for him for starters.

alanmolstad

if he connected his posts to his email then you can ask him yourself

alanmolstad

If I remember right, he did not have a very good grasp of the English language, yet someone had taught him the word "Heretic" (he loved that word).

Thats about all I remember of his posts on the forum.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4]Goodness, you seem quite at ease dusting off one heckuva suspicion there, IMOpinion

]
    from time to time we see guests turn up here that are well known at other forums ...

alanmolstad

more of ,,, My Philosophy -

I open doors for people that I think might enjoy being inside.

I do this in my real life, I do this with my life here on this forum.
    I try to post comments that show what I think, and write them in a manner that shows how I came to my conclusions.

I enjoy the chance to write here.
    I dont try to force anyone to read my words.
    I dont expect to convince anyone that Im right....but I do try to write in a style that is easy to read and puts my views in the best light.

I do this so that if I find a person that is someone that is open to my views that they will be able to read what I say and understand it with ease.

I try to also remember that I dont meet anyone here by accident.

alanmolstad

over the events on this forum for the last few months, I have come to a new conclusion.

My conclusion is about how people are seen acting when they come to a message board such as this and start to post comments and get into a debate.

This is my conclusion : "You can not predict the manners of a person by their religion"

I have been going over some recent posts and also going over some topics that date back 5 or more years, and I have noticed that just because a person might claim to be a member of the "truth" and in the "right church" it really means squat as to how they act while visiting this site.

You can check and find the word "BANNED" under people of any religion you can name.
    You can read the posts of people that were banned, and it becaomes clear they had no intention of displaying good manners while here..

On the other hand...

You also can find many members of this forum that always post in a friendly manner, and always in a calm style.
    And these members come from all types of different religions.

You cant predict just by their religion how nice people are to deal with on the board...