Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash ...Really?

teenapenny

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Deut. 18 says no such thing.
    What do you think it says?

Default True prophet

Deu. 18:22. It's a paraphrase, but it fits.
    TD

Quote Originally Posted by teenapenny View Post
    What do you think it says?
    First off, there is no such word as "false Prophets" in the OT.
    Second, Deut is speaking about Prophets of God, not what you would call "false Prophets" anyway.

Radix

No matter what any of us have to say about Deut. 18, this thread more than proves that Joseph Smith lied through his eye***** when it came to "translating" anything Egyptian.

Care to say anything and save face for your so called "prophet?"

I posted this thread over at the other place. Nothing with even a hint of a substantive response was ever mentioned by any Mormon. Including Mr. translation man himself Daniel.
    Last edited by Radix; 08-27-2011 at 08:59 PM.

James Banta

The p***age goes much further than that.. It says such a prophet MUST DIE.. I took my commentary of the p***age where is say that should a prophet should not be feared in verse 22.. In the old English that is a word used to not respecting the prophet, Not listening to them or giving them respect.. That IS WHAT the p***age teaches.. You denial is worthless in face of the facts..

Deut 18:20-22
    But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
    And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
    When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to p***, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

I have been called a literalist many times.. That is a ***le I gladly admit to.. I believe what God has told us about Himself, about how to become His child, about how we can know those chosen to being His word to us.. Without this test we would have FREE FOR ALL WITH NO IRON ROD to cling to.. Mormonism teaches that the word of God is that rod but still they cling not to it but to what their own hearts tell them.. Flesh lies, God is truth.. Cling to the rod and give up the reliance on what your deceitful heart tells you.. IHS jim

James Banta

First off, there is no such word as "false Prophets" in the OT.
    Second, Deut is speaking about Prophets of God, not what you would call "false Prophets" anyway.
    What on earth is a prophet that speaks in the name of God but lies about the message actually coming from God.. You want a lying prophet to be considered a prophet of God? God doesn't, so He told us if any man ever try to fool the people saying that God sent him with a message, and it turns out that what he told the people was actually a lie he made up. That prophet should die.. The BofA is such a lie.. Proven to be made up by Joseph Smith a prophet who lied to lead the people away from the God of the Bible and replace Him with one Smith made up. A God who was not always God. A God who is not alone the ONLY God that exists. He taught polytheism right in the page4s of the BofA it's self.. In short he taught in the name of other Gods.. I have said it before. Though I condemn the actions of the mobs at Carthage jail, Smith deserved to die according to God's word.. He was in condemnation of Deut 18:20.. That is fact based on what is easily read in the BofA:

And they (the Gods) said: Let there be light
    And they (the Gods) comprehended the light
    And the Gods called the light Day
    And the Gods also said
    And the Gods ordered

And on and on what Smith said the gods did.. But the Bible is clear That the Lord our God is one Lord.. Smith clearly taught in the names of other gods..
    I don't see how you can not see the condenation against Smith in Deut 18... IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    What on earth is a prophet that speaks in the name of God but lies about the message actually coming from God.. You want a lying prophet to be considered a prophet of God? God doesn't, so He told us if any man ever try to fool the people saying that God sent him with a message, and it turns out that what he told the people was actually a lie he made up. That prophet should die..
    James you really need to read the scriptures first before you comment on them. The verses you cut and paste from antiMormon sites do not qualify as having read the scriptures. Had you of actually read the verses that precede the ones you posted you would see that God was speaking about a Prophet chosen by God.

18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
    19 And it shall come to p***, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
    20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Like I said, this is speaking of a Prophet chosen by God, there was no such thing as a false prophet. if they tell lies then they can may be a lier or fallen Prophet. The punishment of death was given to those that lead the population to follow other Gods; not for lying.
    Last edited by theway; 08-27-2011 at 06:40 PM.

James Banta

James you really need to read the scriptures first before you comment on them. The verses you cut and paste from antiMormon sites do not qualify as having read the scriptures. Had you of actually read the verses that precede the ones you posted you would see that God was speaking about a Prophet chosen by God.

18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
    19 And it shall come to p***, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, oI will require it of him.
    20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Like I said, this is speaking of a Prophet chosen by God, there was no such thing as a false prophet. if they tell lies then they can may be a lier or fallen Prophet. The punishment of death was given to those that lead the population to follow other Gods; not for lying.

STOP trying to force this p***age to say things it doesn't say.. Yes the whole chapter is about prophets. Men that God would bring to the people to give them His word.. The p***age I quoted is the way to identify the true prophets God sends us from the liars that seek the honors of men by being God's spokesman.. Smith failed that test again and again.. You must read the whole chapter yourself and then take to heart the test God gave us so we can identify a lying man from a prophet of God.. Without being able to identify who is a real prophet from who is the liar we could be lead to follow men like Jim Jones or David Koresh.. This simple text in Deut 18:20-22 is a great gift from God.. Why do you refuse to use it? IHS jim

John T

Talking Athlete's foot breath?

if you actually READ the Bible before your keyboard ejaculated a wrong response, you would not have your breath smelling like athlete's feet.

Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to p***, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
    It is also called being BUSTED!

Radix

I figured theway would avoid an answer here. Of course, so has every other Mormon out there.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    if you actually READ the Bible before your keyboard ejaculated a wrong response, you would not have your breath smelling like athlete's feet.

Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to p***, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
    It is also called being BUSTED!
    Sorry John, as usual you have not been following along. James claimed this is how to identify a false Prophet from a real one. I pointed out that there was no such thing in the OT as a false Prophet. There were either Prophets of God or Prophets of Baal or of some other idol. Within the Prophets of God there were those that followed God's teachings and those that used their position to get gain. In order for Joseph Smith to even qualify for your test you would have had to have considered him a Prophet of God first, who has become a fallen Prophet. I don't think you want to do that, do you?

I also notice you left out verses 18 and 19, why was that?
    That shoe you're smelling, is your own.
    Last edited by theway; 08-28-2011 at 12:08 AM.

STOP trying to force this p***age to say things it doesn't say.. Yes the whole chapter is about prophets. Men that God would bring to the people to give them His word.. The p***age I quoted is the way to identify the true prophets God sends us from the liars that seek the honors of men by being God's spokesman.. Smith failed that test again and again.. You must read the whole chapter yourself and then take to heart the test God gave us so we can identify a lying man from a prophet of God..
    Once again, it is you who have forced your own view into the p***age. Notice you said "a lying man" the scripture never say "lying MAN" no matter what the "Prophet" has done, even if he did something worthy of death, he is still known as a Prophet.

Without being able to identify who is a real prophet from who is the liar we could be lead to follow men like Jim Jones or David Koresh.. This simple text in Deut 18:20-22 is a great gift from God.. Why do you refuse to use it? IHS jim
    You mean why don't I go out and kill all the people who try to get me to follow strange Gods, is that what you want me to do? You seem to believe in this test, this gift of God as you called it, yet you have trampled it underfoot by not obeying what God has told you to do. I certainly don't want you to go out killing people, but ask yourself, if you believed this p***age still applied today, why do you treat it as nothing?
    Maybe it's because you understand that it no longer applies since Christ has come, it is the Holy Ghost which gives us the truth of all things.
    Last edited by theway; 08-28-2011 at 12:28 AM.

James Banta

[theway;93787]Once again, it is you who have forced your own view into the p***age. Notice you said "a lying man" the scripture never say "lying MAN" no matter what the "Prophet" has done, even if he did something worthy of death, he is still known as a Prophet.
    I did use a paraphrase but what else to you call a man that says God spoke to Him or gave him a message when the truth is that God did no such thing? That man is of course a liar and his words have no truth in them. He is a lying man a false teacher, a FALSE PROPHET..

You mean why don't I go out and kill all the people who try to get me to follow strange Gods, is that what you want me to do? You seem to believe in this test, this gift of God as you called it, yet you have trampled it underfoot by not obeying what God has told you to do. I certainly don't want you to go out killing people, but ask yourself, if you believed this p***age still applied today, why do you treat it as nothing?
    Maybe it's because you understand that it no longer applies since Christ has come, it is the Holy Ghost which gives us the truth of all things.
    I don't do so because this is not a theocracy. We have civil laws that Jesus (by example) taught us to live by.. I thought you would know that.. Does that change the facts that this is a viable test for the teachings and prophecies of a man that tells us that God is speaking to us through him? If not why were you with Jim Jones? Why were you following David Koresh. Both men said they were God's appointed leaders, His prophets. Yet you judged them as unworthy of that calling, why? Could it be because you could see that there was no truth in them? You used this test on them whether or not you understood it. Why is it you refuse to do the same with Joseph Smith.. I don't need to tell you that he was a false prophet and God never spoke to him. You can see that yourself if you examine his message.. He spoke in the name of other Gods.. Not the One God the Bible teaches but he spoke in the name of Gods.. He taught a God that wasn't always a God when the Bible make it clear that He is always God.. To say that Smith taught in the name of other is incontestable. To show that he gave false prophecy is also clear since the BofA is part of his prophetic message and it has been shown to be a pagan text that had nothing to do with Abraham.. Smith fails this test both ways, false teaching and false gods.. Yet you still revere him as a prophet of God instead of seeing him as the liar he was.. IHS jim

neverending

19 And it shall come to p***, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Excuse me, so now the Mormons and you personally think that quoting a verse straight from the Holy Bible is from, "antiMormon sites?" No wonder you and all the members of your church have problems. And if a man, who was chosen by God to speak for him but chooses to speak things NOT from God, does that not make him a "false prophet" AND a liar? IF said prophet ends up leading people to follow after other gods, (small "g") than of course no one could claim that man to be a TRUE prophet of God.

neverending

Sorry John, as usual you have not been following along. James claimed this is how to identify a false Prophet from a real one. I pointed out that there was no such thing in the OT as a false Prophet. There were either Prophets of God or Prophets of Baal or of some other idol. Within the Prophets of God there were those that followed God's teachings and those that used their position to get gain. In order for Joseph Smith to even qualify for your test you would have had to have considered him a Prophet of God first, who has become a fallen Prophet. I don't think you want to do that, do you?

I am so amazed at how you can not see the difference between a "true" prophet and one that is false! Prophets of Baal WERE false prophets because Baal was a FALSE god! Notice, small "g" again? JS proclaimed things that have caused millions to believe in a "false god". What is so hard to understand? Your comment was rude AND not necessary!

BrianH

Sorry John, as usual you have not been following along. James claimed this is how to identify a false Prophet from a real one. I pointed out that there was no such thing in the OT as a false Prophet. There were either Prophets of God or Prophets of Baal or of some other idol.
    Aside from being totally off topic, this is a self-contradictory statement ...unless of course you "think" that Baal is a real God, which would not surprise me at all since as a Mormon you are a polytheist.

Meanwhile, I will remind you and everyone else here that this thread is about Smith's identification of the VERY common Egyptian deities (idols) as " Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash".

The challenge you are so obviously avoiding here is the challenge to substantiate this supposed divine "revelation" as claimed by your so-called "prophet". Please show us a reason to think that his alleged revelation of the iden***ies of the names of these idols was actually CORRECT.

For my part I am prepared to show you that this claim is totally and completely false based on the actual FACTS of Egyptian myth and lore, and that these Egyptian deities (idols - the product of men's imaginations), were NOT "Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash" as Smith claimed and thus his so-called "revelation" in your "scriptures" was nothing but a HOAX.

-BH

Radix

theway is not capable of staying on topic here Brain. Use of any two functioning common sense neurons would give him reason to actually leave Mormonism, thus he will never deal with this.

Amazing how much abuse one will allow because he/she has no chance of ever standing up for their so called prophet.

John T

Sorry John, as usual you have not been following along. James claimed this is how to identify a false Prophet from a real one. I pointed out that there was no such thing in the OT as a false Prophet.
    Begging the question, a fallacious argument

There were either Prophets of God or Prophets of Baal or of some other idol.
    By definition the former is true, and the latter is false. Thereby you skewer your false premise in your faulty argumentation.

Within the Prophets of God there were those that followed God's teachings and those that used their position to get gain.
    Even if the prophet profited from his prophecy, why would that cast doube to the fact that he was a true prophet?

Scriptures are explicit in the remuneration for the Levitical priesthood. Therefore you have another false premise here.

In order for Joseph Smith to even qualify for your test you would have had to have considered him a Prophet of God first, who has become a fallen Prophet. I don't think you want to do that, do you?
    NOT SO

In order for you Mormons to establish that Smith was a prophet, you have to point to a Biblical example where a pedophile, a serial adulterer and a con man and swindler ever became a true prophet of God.

No reason. Why don't you post them as they are so important to you?

John T

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Aside from being totally off topic...

Meanwhile, I will remind you and everyone else here that this thread is about Smith's identification of the VERY common Egyptian deities (idols) as " Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash".

<snip>

For my part I am prepared to show you that this claim is totally and completely false based on the actual FACTS of Egyptian myth and lore, and that these Egyptian deities (idols - the product of men's imaginations), were NOT "Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash" as Smith claimed and thus his so-called "revelation" in your "scriptures" was nothing but a HOAX.

-BH
    PERHAPS if you asked Jill to remind him that you have asked TW to stay on topic about three times, she could remind him how rude he is being and otherwise acting as an obstructionist, contributing nothing positive to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    PERHAPS if you asked Jill to remind him that you have asked TW to stay on topic about three times, she could remind him how rude he is being and otherwise acting as an obstructionist, contributing nothing positive to the thread.
    Careful…seeing as though I’m the only Mormon that has posted here in the last week, and discussions between Mormons and non-Mormons represent 98% to 99% of the activity on this forum and this web site, if I was banned you guys would only have each other to talk to, and we all know how that turned out the last time. This site would be down inside of a month.

James Banta

Careful…seeing as though I’m the only Mormon that has posted here in the last week, and discussions between Mormons and non-Mormons represent 98% to 99% of the activity on this forum and this web site, if I was banned you guys would only have each other to talk to, and we all know how that turned out the last time. This site would be down inside of a month.

I see you think a bit too much of yourself.. No there wouldn't be near the error to correct but would would till be here.. You are NOT the all in all of this site.. Stop posting and see that we would continue.. You are not necessary to our faith nor whether we share our knowledge about mormonism. There is always something to share here.. Your missionaries are everywhere and we need to keep up with the new nonsense they teach.. It can be hard to keep up with the changes in the unchangeable gospel of mormonism. We have each other to reveal all the new anti-biblical teaching that Salt Lake comes up with.. Conference is just around the corner.. IHS jim

neverending

How funny that we are all still here and where are your fellow Mormons? Flown the coop it seems. As a Christian it is most evident that there is no one among you who will defend your faith at all. Why is that theway? Is it because there IS no way to defend against the truth? And besides, we know the ONLY reason you come here is to be entertained. I would think you could find much more things to entertain yourself besides here, since YOU are NOT interested in learning. Such a pity that one would turn their back on learning of Jesus Christ, (the true Christ) not this made up version, the Garden Knome version that JS called Christ. My Jesus was ALWAYS GOD, never was nor is the brother of Satan, for Satan WAS created, was only an angel.....that's a far cry from being God don't you think? And we know why Satan was cast out of heaven don't we? Because he wanted to be like God and bragged how he was going to make himself like the most high God. It is called, "the great I wills"....

SATAN'S FIVE "I WILLS" (ISAIAH 14:12-15)
    1. Satan's five I wills:
    A. "I will ascend into Heaven."
    B. "I will exalt my throne above the stars of God." "I will rule angels." *** 38:7, Jude 13,
    Rev. 12:3, 4.
    C. "I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation in the sides of the north." This is
    Earth as a place. Psalm 48:2 "I will rule mankind."
    D. "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds." "I'll be supreme." He wills to displace God as the Sovereign of the universe.
    E. "I will be like the Most High." I'll be like God. This is power lust.

Can you see now what happens when even an angel living with God thinks he can be like God, and do what God does? Again, will you answer my question as to where one can find your churches idea that God was once a man and attained his position as God and that you too can become one? There is no scripture to defend such an idea but because of one man, Lorenzo Snow who made a comment, it was grabbed onto and made doctrine. Do you see the same happening here with that idea? To put yourself in the same position as our God is SIN! Oh, and one more thing, if this progression has been occurring for eternity, who does our God worship, for it only makes sense that he too would have a God above him? Thanks, hope this was entertaining enough for you.

BrianH

I am pretty sure that if you actually read his post you will see that he was not in any way advocating for you to be banned. All he said was that he wanted you to be reminded to GET ON TOPIC, for once.

The LAST thing I want is for you to be banned. My whole purpose here is to get YOU to demonstrate that you absolutely cannot, under any possible circumstances in any way EVER address this topic in such a way as to provide actual support for the claims of your organization about this so-called "Book of Abraham".

Your continuing deflections and slippery evasions only prove my point with every single one of your posts.

Thank you for that.

-BH

jdjhere

TheWay does NOT even attempt an answer at post #1 but DOES try to disrrupt it by attacking something else said and trying to change the subject. So, we KNOW TheWay is here but unable to answer post #1. So, my final request before I totally ignore TheWay is please answer post #1 by BrianH.

PS- and I agree with the fact that you are "full of yourself" as anyone would be who strives to be a god. Arrogance rears its ugly, deceitful head... "I will be like the Most High..." and may the Lord deal with it accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    TheWay does NOT even attempt an answer at post #1 but DOES try to disrrupt it by attacking something else said and trying to change the subject. So, we KNOW TheWay is here but unable to answer post #1. So, my final request before I totally ignore TheWay is please answer post #1 by BrianH.

PS- and I agree with the fact that you are "full of yourself" as anyone would be who strives to be a god. Arrogance rears its ugly, deceitful head... "I will be like the Most High..." and may the Lord deal with it accordingly.
    Quit trying to change the topic by making it all about me!

I do not start threads, so make a better thread (less boring) and I will respond.