Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash ...Really?

jdjhere

Enlighten us then. Answer post #1. Teach us all something since this is so "boring" to you. (Could it just be that you cannot answer it??)

jdjhere

BrianH posted this 50+ days ago and still no answers. Ok TheWay... it is time for you to shine. Go....

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Quit trying to change the topic by making it all about me!

I do not start threads, so make a better thread (less boring) and I will respond.
    If you find this forum and this thread boring, then why do you keep posting? As I said earlier and I wonder if you even read it, I am sure you could find something to entertain yourself besides coming here. Now, stop evading pertinent questions, or not but if you chose not; then it only proves once again that there is no defense against truth.

BrianH

I do not start threads, so make a better thread (less boring) and I will respond.
    Cl***ic Mormon cop-out: arrogant, evasive, complaining ...yet ultimately it is totally empty of any substance whatsoever. It is conclusive proof that there is no defense for the lies upon which Mormonism is founded. But...

This is what happens to the minds of people who turn into Mormons.

-BH

Radix

Quit trying to change the topic by making it all about me!

If you cannot address the topic of this thread, then away with you (from this thread, happy to interact when you actually try to do so.) A last holdout who contributes nothing is not any different than the silence of all Mormons put together. No need to be "extra nice" to you.

John T

Default Are you making a threat to this board???

Careful…seeing as though I’m the only Mormon that has posted here in the last week, and discussions between Mormons and non-Mormons represent 98% to 99% of the activity on this forum and this web site, if I was banned you guys would only have each other to talk to, and we all know how that turned out the last time. This site would be down inside of a month.
    Get over yourself!

You are not really that important in the scheme of things here. With or without you God's work of evangelizing LDS and the wavering, and exposing the many many, too many false things of Mormonism will continue unabated.

neverending

Well said John T! Thank you.

Careful…seeing as though I’m the only Mormon that has posted here in the last week, and discussions between Mormons and non-Mormons represent 98% to 99% of the activity on this forum and this web site, if I was banned you guys would only have each other to talk to, and we all know how that turned out the last time. This site would be down inside of a month.
    TW--this board was never down (if that's what you mean) and frankly, we do not worry about that at all. The WM Board is for anyone who would like to discuss things respectfully, and since 95% of the Mormons who posted here were not respectful and did not wish to discuss theology--only pester those who did--it is no great loss that they've decided to go elsewhere.

As to the board being quiet at the present time, I have no problem with that and actually hope that we can focus on quality instead of quan***y. We're not out to win any popularity contests, only to get to know each other better.
    How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

Snow Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    The WM Board is for anyone who would like to discuss things respectfully, and since 95% of the Mormons who posted here were not respectful and did not wish to discuss theology--only pester those who did--it is no great loss that they've decided to go elsewhere.

Is 95% an actual number that you've calculated or is it more a figure of speech/generalization?

I would guess the number of LDS that I've seen over the years has totalled around 20 different people. That would mean 19 of those people were not respectful and did not wish to discuss theology. Is that you actual experience with LDS members?

BrianH

Since you are here, would you please provide us with a defense of the claims of your organization about its "scriptures" supposedly being translated correctly. Specifically, can you show us some reasons to think that Smith identified these named Egyptian idol/gods correctly?

-BH

BrianH

Default Apparently not

I asked Mr. Patrol if he could please provide a defense for the claims of his organization pertaining to the supposed truth of their "scriptures" and their miraculous translation - specifically if he could show that his "prophet" managed to at least name these four well-known Egyptian idols correctly.

As is so consistent with Mormon behavior ...Mr. Patrol fled.

Obviously there is no reason to think that Joe Smith translated the so-called "Book of Abraham" correctly, and he knows it. But as is also consistent with Mormon behavior, he will still go on "belieeeeeving" that his leaders are telling the TRUTH.

This is what being deceived is.

Mormonism is a lie.

-BH

neverending

Brian,
    I've asked theway 4 times the same question but as usual, there's no answer. So, guess since no Mormon is willing to answer important questions, we are left to continue to hold onto our faith and knowledge that Mormonism is false. No matter how much we present problems with Mormonism, a member won't be affected by it without us praying and the Holy Spirit working in their heart and mind.
    As a former member of that cult, I do understand that many remain only because of family and knowing how they would be rejected and possibly lose the love of that family. It happened to me and it caused me to become depressed. Every day I would get a phone call from my mother who gave me the third degree for having left Mormonusm but finally, as I was reading my scriptures one day, I came upon this verse: Matthew 10:37. Oh the joy that then entered my heart and I realized that the Holy Spirit had brought me to that verse which I needed. That verse made it known to my mind and heart that my decision to chose Christ was right.
    It has now been over 30 years since I came out of Mormonism; both my parents have p***ed on but even though, they never chose Christ, God chose me, I can't thank him enough for wanting me to be a part of HIS family, HIS eternal family.

jdjhere

Post #52... BrianH posted this 50+ days ago and still no answers. Ok TheWay... it is time for you to shine. Go....

TheWay did not respond either. It's amazing that I give TheWay the floor and... nothing. You are correct BrianH in that if LDS really had answers they would post them here for all the world to see. If I were LDS I could think of nothing more effective that I could do than to answer questions with solid answers and then lead potential "converts" to this website. Their own "prophets"and "scriptures" only hurt their case and prove their "teachings" are the very an***hesis of Gods Word. 2Corinthians 11:3-4 "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." We are warned in Galatians 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven (moroni)should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! LDS, turn to the REAL Jesus and He WILL save you. He promised He would so trust Him. Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, ( of your heart- YOUR resposibility) I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
    Last edited by jdjhere; 08-31-2011 at 07:46 AM.

jdjhere

That is an awesome testimony by the way Neverending. Praise God!

jdjhere

Matthew 10:37 "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." (Jesus Christ)

Snow Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    .....No matter how much we present problems with Mormonism, a member won't be affected by it without us praying and the Holy Spirit working in their heart and mind.
    As a former member of that cult, I do understand that many remain only because of family and knowing how they would be rejected and possibly lose the love of that family. It happened to me and it caused me to become depressed. Every day I would get a phone call from my mother who gave me the third degree for having left Mormonusm but finally, as I was reading my scriptures one day, I came upon this verse: Matthew 10:37. Oh the joy that then entered my heart and I realized that the Holy Spirit had brought me to that verse which I needed. That verse made it known to my mind and heart that my decision to chose Christ was right.
    It has now been over 30 years since I came out of Mormonism; both my parents have p***ed on but even though, they never chose Christ, God chose me, I can't thank him enough for wanting me to be a part of HIS family, HIS eternal family.

Neverending, I ask this with all sincerity and sensitivity. You said that you can't thank God enough for choosing you and for wanting you to be a part of His family. You also said that you feel you need to pray and have the Holy Spirit work on LDS members to release them from the bounds of Mormonism. My question is...have you ever wondered why God didn't work on your parents enough to have to them be saved as well? It is a concept that I trying to understand better. Maybe you are not in the Calvanism crowd and so you may feel that man has a little more saying in whether they are saved or not, I don't know. So I'm asking you so that I might better understand your theological beliefs.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Neverending, I ask this with all sincerity and sensitivity. You said that you can't thank God enough for choosing you and for wanting you to be a part of His family. You also said that you feel you need to pray and have the Holy Spirit work on LDS members to release them from the bounds of Mormonism. My question is...have you ever wondered why God didn't work on your parents enough to have to them be saved as well? It is a concept that I trying to understand better. Maybe you are not in the Calvanism crowd and so you may feel that man has a little more saying in whether they are saved or not, I don't know. So I'm asking you so that I might better understand your theological beliefs.
    You have just touched a nerve to both Valerie and myself.. For those we love to p*** into eternity without Christ is a terrible thing.. Still God would never force anyone to love Him and accept His gift He died to give to them. Does He know who will do so, YES! Even before they were born God knew what they would do. If they would accept His gift of life or turn away from Him to gods of their own devices and imagination.. I witnessed again and again to Valerie's parents. All I got from them was the stone wall of "I know Mormonism it's true because of my testimony".. Never mind that they had no Biblical authority for one single point of unique mormon doctrine that resides only in the wild teachings of Joseph Smith..and soon, my mother-in-law would walk out of the room, refusing to even listen.

At least Valerie's dad tried to biblically defend his mormon beliefs.. I guess you and the other regular LDS posters here, have seen the truth so much you ignore it.. When I showed Valerie's dad how the BofM was changed over 3,000 times he was upset and denied that it was ever changed.. You admit it but say that it's ok because Smith fixed it later.. Never mind that Smith said it was translated by the spirit and power of God and all the words used were God's and not his.

Valerie's father agreed with the doctrine that Smith was not involved in the translation process, but because of his testimony he couldn't deal with the BofM needing changing.. I can't believe that you can just set aside that God gave the wording to the BofM (1830) that made God sound like he was a hillbilly, and that Smith after the translation was completed, had the authority to just willy-nilly make changes in what God had given to him.. Valerie's dad was honestly uneducated. He denied that I was being truthful about the problems with mormonism and lived solely by his testimony anything that challenged it was of the devil, even if it was the history of his own church as shown by the sesquicentennial of the BofM printed by the LDS church.. I never showed him any of the Tanner's research. He called that printing a lie, he got mad then and many times thereafter.. It got so bad that my NIV Bible disappeared after one of his visits.. Never did find it.. Some people like you just ignore the problem like they don't matter. Others like Valerie's dad get angry like I am making all the problems with mormonism up as part of my own imagination.. Now because the anniversary of her dad's death is upon us. I would ask you to leave this alone.. IHS jim

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I guess you and the other regular LDS posters here, have seen the truth so much you ignore it..
    Jim why do you think that some LDS can't see what seems obvious to Christians?

neverending

Snow,
    All I can tell you about my parents was that they were stubborn, refusing to accept the truths that were presented to them. My father was a very proud man, which in and of itself is sin but he would NEVER ever say he could have been wrong about anything, no matter how evident it might have been. Do you not think I didn' pray for my parents to understand the things James and I were trying to tell them? I would be on my knees sobbing sometimes not even being able to speak for I wanted so badly for my parents to be saved but it was not to be but that was only due to them not wanting to be saved; after all, they already believed they had the truth.

I do believe that there are people that God knew or pre-destined to accept him. I believe too that ALL men have the freedom to either accept His grace or not. God doesn't want a bunch of robots running around, he wants people to come willingly to him. You have a choice, to either remain in a religion that is full of falsehoods, teaches unbiblical doctrines that can't be defended by any scripture in the Bible or accept the true God and Jesus Christ who have been taught for millenia from the pulpits of Christian churches. When you decide what is important to you and your eternal destiny, maybe then you can see without the scales covering your eyes, the truths. God's hand is reaching out to you with his gift of salvation, but it requires a BIG leap of faith on your part and wanting that gift.

What I can't understand is why someone wouldn't want God's gift. Why don't you want it, Snow, its free and the gift lasts forever!

Radix

Snow Patrol. Why does your theological beliefs not allow you to deal with the opening post of this thread? Just trying to understand.

I've asked theway 4 times the same question but as usual, there's no answer.
    No, you’ve asked multiple questions which are also multipart questions, however I don’t answer shotgun questions, that’s because most critics will then claim nothing was answered if I left out just one part of their post. Just ask one at a time and I will be happy to answer.

So, guess since no Mormon is willing to answer important questions, we are left to continue to hold onto our faith and knowledge that Mormonism is false.
    Oh really, are you’re saying that had I answered whatever it was that you asked of me, that you might of given up your faith to follow the truth of Mormonism? however alas, since I did not, I it is my fault you are left to wander the earth with incorrect beliefs?
    Neverending, if you go back you will find that one of my first posts to new forums is always to tell posters that I can not be shamed or made to feel guilty, so don’t try.
    Therefore you might as well unbait that hook.

No matter how much we present problems with Mormonism, a member won't be affected by it without us praying and the Holy Spirit working in their heart and mind.
    Well, it hasn’t work for me, critics and ministers have been praying and prophesying for 30 years that I will accept their various versions of the gospel, and yet I’m still LDS. The Holy Ghost has opened up my mind and heart, but He has only showed me that the gospel as it exists in the LDS Church is the Lord’s gospel. Well that’s from my point of view anyway, from yours it’s because the Holy Ghost was really Satan. In any case, one of the reasons your “ministry” is not working on the LDS by showing them the “problems” within the Church, is because what ever problems there are in the LDS Church, that problem is amplified a hundred fold within the Christian body.

As a former member of that cult, I do understand that many remain only because of family and knowing how they would be rejected and possibly lose the love of that family. It happened to me and it caused me to become depressed.
    As is true with almost anybody changing from the religion that is the family religion. By the same token, this could also play into your leaving the Church if your husband left first. However just because this happened to you does not mean you can project that onto the rest of the Church members. For instance, the rest of my wife’s family is not Mormon, and one is even a part time Minister/Preacher, it would be a lot less stressful on our family if we were not members, my mother also stop telling me how to dress when I was 18, as she realized she has no more control over the choices I make anymore.

Every day I would get a phone call from my mother who gave me the third degree for having left Mormonusm but finally, as I was reading my scriptures one day, I came upon this verse: Matthew 10:37. Oh the joy that then entered my heart and I realized that the Holy Spirit had brought me to that verse which I needed. That verse made it known to my mind and heart that my decision to chose Christ was right.
    Like I said, I had this revelation when I was 18, and I’m still an LDS. How do you know the Holy Ghost was not talking about your husband?

Yes that sounds eerily familiar;
    Alma 31:15 Holy, holy God; we believe that thou art God, and we believe that thou art holy, and that thou wast a spirit, and that thou art a spirit, and that thou wilt be a spirit forever.
    16 Holy God, we believe that thou hast separated us from our brethren; and we do not believe in the tradition of our brethren, which was handed down to them by the childishness of their fathers; but we believe that thou hast elected us to be thy holy children…

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter, it’s all in your point of view.

James Banta

We have shown you many times that Mormonism teaches many Gods.. Calling the Father a god, Jesus a god, and the Holy Spirit yet another God.. Smith confirmed that was his doctrine of the nature of God.. He even said it "We have three gods". That is a center piece of mormonism.. That and the idea that God was not always God but became some by obedience to laws and ordinances.. That is NOT the God of the Bible.. You have never outside the wild, hair on fire, rants of Joseph Smith shown that there are more true and living Gods than the ONE GOD the Bible teaches.. Remember the whole of the Bible must be true. To make the Father God, Jesus God, and the Holy Spirit God and hold that there in but one God you must believe the Trinity.. Other wise you are nothing more than Smith a pagan polytheist.. The only question I would ask is how can the three persons that are called God be three separate Gods and keep the Bible true? Over the time I have been on WM I have asked that same questions many times and it has ALWAYS been answered with silence.. It's on;y one question.. You just said you would answer them if they came one at a time so answer it.. I think I know what you will say.. I will send one of my friends the answer I except from you and will will see if I am correct about your side stepping of the question.. IHS jim

neverending

TW: was I accusing you of anything other than not responding to my posts? NOPE....so guess you're feeling like the guilty party here; sorry
    As for the rest of your post it is meaningless to me, since I do not believe in your BoM. And it is nothing more then the Zoramites, which is nothing more than a retelling of what Christ pointed out about the Pharisee and the Publican. I fully understand that I can do nothing without Christ in my life, for he directs my paths. I don't need a man to tell me for man can be evil and we all know that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts, absolutely! It is so evident in the life of JS as he got more power, his mind became more corrupt and he thought he was above the law. Sorry, but I do not care to follow such a man and if you want to remain stubborn and not be in tune with God, then you will stay in your sins and stand before God to be judged. I believe ONLY in God and what He taught us, not a corruptible man. Have the rest of a good day now dear, Richard

jdjhere

OK SnowPatrol and TheWay.. back to the reason for this- Post #1

So the challenge to Mormons here is this: SHOW US why we should think that 100% of all qualified Egyptologists and scholars from all related fields are all WRONG to identify these figures as “Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety” and correct the entire academy of Egyptologists by showing us (and them) why those deities are REALLY to be identified as “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” .

You may begin by showing us that the names used by Joseph Smith AT LEAST existed somewhere in Egyptian lore BEFORE he showed up in the early 1800s and claimed that they did. Then you can conclusively demonstrate the “inspiration” of your so-called “prophet” by simply showing us that the names he used are indeed correctly ***ociated with the idols to which he attached them.

And please ...don’t try to change the subject by making ME (or anyone or anything else) the issue here. Such behaviors will be quickly identified and exposed.

Thank you

-BH

Your time to shine...both of you..go!
    Last edited by jdjhere; 09-01-2011 at 10:41 AM.

TW: was I accusing you of anything other than not responding to my posts? NOPE....so guess you're feeling like the guilty party here; sorry
    As for the rest of your post it is meaningless to me, since I do not believe in your BoM. And it is nothing more then the Zoramites, which is nothing more than a retelling of what Christ pointed out about the Pharisee and the Publican. I fully understand that I can do nothing without Christ in my life, for he directs my paths. I don't need a man to tell me for man can be evil and we all know that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts, absolutely! It is so evident in the life of JS as he got more power, his mind became more corrupt and he thought he was above the law. Sorry, but I do not care to follow such a man and if you want to remain stubborn and not be in tune with God, then you will stay in your sins and stand before God to be judged. I believe ONLY in God and what He taught us, not a corruptible man. Have the rest of a good day now dear, Richard
    Such irony... you would not join a Church based on the actions of a man, but you want me to give up the Lord's Church based on the actions of a man. Got to love the reasoning here.
    BTW.. once again... you can not shame me or make me feel guilty, the only one who has had success in that area outside of God, is my wife.