Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 126

Thread: Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash ...Really?

  1. #76
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Such irony... you would not join a Church based on the actions of a man, but you want me to give up the Lord's Church based on the actions of a man. Got to love the reasoning here.
    BTW.. once again... you can not shame me or make me feel guilty, the only one who has had success in that area outside of God, is my wife.
    Yeah ...whatever. But since you are obviously still here participating in this thread, I was wondering, Mr. Way ...would you please do your best to actually try to focus and try to SHOW US why we should think that 100% of all qualified Egyptologists and scholars from all related fields are all WRONG to identify these Egyptian idols as “Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety” and to thereby correct the entire academies of all Egyptologists, archaeologists, historians, anthropologists, religious studies scholars, etc. by showing us (and all of them) WHY those deities are REALLY to be properly identified as “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash”?

    After all, these ARE some of the most common idol/deities in all of Egyptian lore. So it SHOULD be easy for you to at least show us where the names “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” appear in some other ancient Egyptian mythology. So ...go ahead.

    I dare ya.

    Or are you going to do the Mormon thing and just ignore the actual topic of this discussion and try to change the subject in an obviously desperate attempt to hide the fact that your so-called "prophet" was nothing but a con artist and totally full of bunk?

    I bet you will do the latter.

    Let's see...

    -BH

    .

  2. #77
    neverending
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Such irony... you would not join a Church based on the actions of a man, but you want me to give up the Lord's Church based on the actions of a man. Got to love the reasoning here.
    BTW.. once again... you can not shame me or make me feel guilty, the only one who has had success in that area outside of God, is my wife.

    TW, you make NO sense with this post! Where did I say anything about your following any man? I spoke of not following JS, who was a man. Are you now saying that following Christ is following a man? If so, then you are so lost and my prayers will extend even more.
    I would appreciate an explanation of what you wrote here. I was NOT trying to make you feel anything, that is your own doing. ALL I said was that you were ignorning my posts I had written to you. You're the one who brought up guilt....a Freudian slip I would say?

  3. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    TW, you make NO sense with this post! Where did I say anything about your following any man? I spoke of not following JS, who was a man. Are you now saying that following Christ is following a man? If so, then you are so lost and my prayers will extend even more.
    Perhaps you need to focus on your reading skills a little more. Let's look...

    Such irony... you would not join a Church based on the actions of a man, but you want me to give up the Lord's Church based on the actions of a man.
    Notice I said "YOU" would not follow a man; not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    I would appreciate an explanation of what you wrote here. I was NOT trying to make you feel anything, that is your own doing. ALL I said was that you were ignorning my posts I had written to you. You're the one who brought up guilt....a Freudian slip I would say?
    Once again, go back and read what I responded to..
    TW: was I accusing you of anything other than not responding to my posts? NOPE....so guess you're feeling like the guilty party here; sorry
    Notice that it was you who insinuated that I was feeling guilty.

  4. #79
    jdjhere
    Guest

    Default

    OK SnowPatrol and TheWay.. back to the reason for this- Post #1

    So the challenge to Mormons here is this: SHOW US why we should think that 100% of all qualified Egyptologists and scholars from all related fields are all WRONG to identify these figures as “Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety” and correct the entire academy of Egyptologists by showing us (and them) why those deities are REALLY to be identified as “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” .

    You may begin by showing us that the names used by Joseph Smith AT LEAST existed somewhere in Egyptian lore BEFORE he showed up in the early 1800s and claimed that they did. Then you can conclusively demonstrate the “inspiration” of your so-called “prophet” by simply showing us that the names he used are indeed correctly ***ociated with the idols to which he attached them.

    And please ...don’t try to change the subject by making ME (or anyone or anything else) the issue here. Such behaviors will be quickly identified and exposed.

    Thank you

    -BH

    Your time to shine...both of you..go!

  5. #80
    Radix
    Guest

    Default

    Interesting that two Mormons are posting on this thread, and despite the numerous posts from them, neither one has the guts to discuss the actual topic of the thread. This just goes to show that the blinder one's faith actually is, the tighter they will hold on to it. They are 100% incapable of presenting even a feeble attempt at defending their main prophet.

  6. #81
    jdjhere
    Guest

    Default

    Post #78 TheWay stated: "Perhaps you need to focus on your reading skills a little more...."

    Perhaps YOU need to start answering the questions posted here as posted in Post #1

  7. #82
    jdjhere
    Guest

    Default

    Let us help you...

    So the challenge to Mormons here is this: SHOW US why we should think that 100% of all qualified Egyptologists and scholars from all related fields are all WRONG to identify these figures as “Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety” and correct the entire academy of Egyptologists by showing us (and them) why those deities are REALLY to be identified as “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” .

    You may begin by showing us that the names used by Joseph Smith AT LEAST existed somewhere in Egyptian lore BEFORE he showed up in the early 1800s and claimed that they did. Then you can conclusively demonstrate the “inspiration” of your so-called “prophet” by simply showing us that the names he used are indeed correctly ***ociated with the idols to which he attached them.

    And please ...don’t try to change the subject by making ME (or anyone or anything else) the issue here. Such behaviors will be quickly identified and exposed.

    Thank you

    -BH

  8. #83
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    Interesting that two Mormons are posting on this thread, and despite the numerous posts from them, neither one has the guts to discuss the actual topic of the thread.
    Interesting but not unique. Look at all of the MANY threads all over this board where you see the exact same behavior. Lots of postings by Mormons, but not even a feeble attempt to meet the challenge in the OP.

    Somehow, the Mormons seem to think that they are fooling someone ...other than themselves, that is.

    -BH

    .

  9. #84
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    Mormons and non-Mormons agree on this point: Joseph Smtih could not read Egyptian hieroglyphics or texts. The credibility of the Mormon religion hinges on the (very weak) claim that their "prophet" translated what is universally recognized among all qualified experts as the "Breathing Permit of Hor" into the so-called "Book of Abraham" (as well as all of the other LDS scriptures supposedly translated by their "prophet") by using what they call, "the gift and power of God".

    In other words, according to Mormon doctrine, it is God himself who actually translated the "Book of Abraham" (and the other LDS "scriptures" as well).

    Here is the clear implication of the LDS claim: Since it was God Himself who supposedly translated the Book of Abraham (again, from what is universally recognized as nothing more than a common "Breathing Permit"), then the Mormons SHOULD be able to show us that 100% of all of the qualified experts in the world are all totally wrong to have identified these Egyptian deities as “Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety”, because SMITH'S translation (ie. God's translation) is THE correct one and it is SMITH (ie God) who has identified them CORRECTLY. So either God is right and all of the world's Egyptian language experts, historians, scholars, archaeologists and mythologists are wrong, or else God is a liar or an illiterate imbecille who cannot even translate his own words correctly.

    Mormons, please SHOW US that "Elkenah", "Libnah", "Majmackrah" and "Korash" are the REAL deities of ancient Egypt and that the use of the names “Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety”, as well as the references to these idol/deities throughout all of Egyptian lore is INCORRECT.

    Your continuing and highly predictable FAILURE to meet what SHOULD be a very easy challenge, let alone to even TRY to do so, will only continue to prove that you yourselves know that you and your church are propegating known lies in the name of Jesus Christ.

    I would think that such behavior would concern you...

    -BH

    .

  10. #85
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    Over 1,200 hits in just over two months, and we STILL see not even ONE ATTEMPT by any Mormon to show us that Smith's supposedly supernatural translation which rendered these VERY common Egyptian Idols as "Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash" is even close to correct.

    This tiny portion of the supposed "Book of Abraham", is altogether representative of the entire translation. The indisputable FACT is that while Smith claimed that his translation was received from God himself, the reality is, he did not get a SINGLE letter right.

    NOT

    EVEN

    ONE

    ...Joseph Smith FAKED this LDS "scripture".

    The only question left is, how many of his other "revelations from God" were equally FAKE?

    I am pretty sure I know the answer. Are there any Mormons who might want to take a guess?

    -BH

    .

  11. #86
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    Still Waiting...(NT)

  12. #87
    Russianwolfe
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Still Waiting...(NT)
    You are an ugly shade of blue. I have seen this shade of blue only once before. And she died.

    Marvin

  13. #88
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    You are an ugly shade of blue. I have seen this shade of blue only once before. And she died.

    Marvin
    Note how, when the Mormon knows he cannot even hope to answer the challenge to support the claims of his weird little cult, he is forced by his damaged ego to try to hide his retreat behind the transparent scrim of lame insults and name calling.

    Thank you Marvin, for living down to everyone's expectations and proving once again just how vacuous Mormonism has left you.

    -BH

    .

  14. #89
    Russianwolfe
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Note how, when the Mormon knows he cannot even hope to answer the challenge to support the claims of his weird little cult, he is forced by his damaged ego to try to hide his retreat behind the transparent scrim of lame insults and name calling.

    Thank you Marvin, for living down to everyone's expectations and proving once again just how vacuous Mormonism has left you.

    -BH

    .
    I guess you are sarcastically challenged. Your demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable. Your claim to victory when you have yet to present your claims or questions before the world just in this little pond in a bywater of the internet shows what a fantastically large and damaged ego you have.

    The fact that you are banned from the very sites that could provde an answer shows that you cannot play nice with those who disagree with you.

    Marvin

  15. #90
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    BH>>Now DANCE or FLEE...

    Your choice.
    Apparently, Marvin chose to FLEE. The Mormon cannot support the claims of his religion and, in true Mormon form, he arrogantly dismisses the challenge to support his "prophet's" supposedly miraculous translation as "ridiculous" and "unbelievable" and tried to make ME the topic of debate all in a vain, clumsy and transparent attempt to hide his incapacity. This is SO typical of LDS tactics.

    When challenged again to get on topic and actually meet the original challenge, which he could only mock, or to at least explain precisely what is so "ridiculous" and "unbelievable" about asking him to show us why we should agree with him that 100% of all established expertise on the matter of Egyptian language, mythology, religion and literature (including the ancient Egyptians themselves!!!) are WRONG to identify these well-known idol gods as "Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety” instead of “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” ...he FLEES like darkness flees light.

    This shows us all just what Mormonism is made of.

    Lies and cowardice.

    -BH

    .
    Last edited by BrianH; 09-24-2011 at 05:25 AM.

  16. #91
    John T
    Guest

    Angry Strange Fruits Hang from your Tree

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    I guess you are sarcastically challenged. <snip>

    The fact that you are banned from the very sites that could provde an answer shows that you cannot play nice with those who disagree with you. Marvin
    YOU BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST BRIAN!
    I just checked, and there is no "suspended/banned" under his name or any of his posts.

    NOW ARE YOU GOING TO MAN UP, AND OFFER AN APOLOGY?

    What shall we say about the likes of Hank Saint, Richard, Priest, NRA Jeff, maclellan or other "notables"?

    But you see that this is ANOTHER (sigh) derailing tactic. You guys are soo unable to deal with issues, and your derailing attempts is sooo obvious that I wonder if they train you at MTS to dodge, deflect and derail so that the obvious deficiencies of your non-Christian cult are obscured.

    In this instance, there is NO real difference between what you did above, and what another poster here and on CARM did to a couple who post here. That UNNANED poster has my utmost contempt because there was no difference in his sick, sick post which attempted to destroy their marriage in order to "score some points" for Mormonism, and that is exactly what you just did to BrianH.

    To say that one post of the UN-NAMED poster, and compare it with yours by saying that one is "less repulsive" than the other is to make a distinction without a difference.

    Both posts demonstrate the sulfurous fruits of your religion.

    (apologies to Billie Holiday for messin' with her song.)

  17. #92
    Russianwolfe
    Guest

    Default

    So, JohnT, how does the Mormon Dialogue & Discussion board handle those who are banned? BrianH has bragged in the past, along with James Banta, that the LDS there couldn't take their 'honest dialogue' and banned them. So my witness is not false.

    So will you man up and apologize for your false accusation?

    Marvin

    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    YOU BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST BRIAN!
    I just checked, and there is no "suspended/banned" under his name or any of his posts.

    NOW ARE YOU GOING TO MAN UP, AND OFFER AN APOLOGY?

    What shall we say about the likes of Hank Saint, Richard, Priest, NRA Jeff, maclellan or other "notables"?

    But you see that this is ANOTHER (sigh) derailing tactic. You guys are soo unable to deal with issues, and your derailing attempts is sooo obvious that I wonder if they train you at MTS to dodge, deflect and derail so that the obvious deficiencies of your non-Christian cult are obscured.

    In this instance, there is NO real difference between what you did above, and what another poster here and on CARM did to a couple who post here. That UNNANED poster has my utmost contempt because there was no difference in his sick, sick post which attempted to destroy their marriage in order to "score some points" for Mormonism, and that is exactly what you just did to BrianH.

    To say that one post of the UN-NAMED poster, and compare it with yours by saying that one is "less repulsive" than the other is to make a distinction without a difference.

    Both posts demonstrate the sulfurous fruits of your religion.

    (apologies to Billie Holiday for messin' with her song.)

  18. #93
    jdjhere
    Guest

    Default

    Ok Russianwolfe. Since you say to BrianH "Your demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable", lets take one thing at a time. Can you just answer if this one question is true or not? Thanks

    There are NO Egyptian gods named “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” (not discovered in the science of Archeology). Those names appear NOWHERE in the vast archives of Egyptian literature, mythology, lore and oral tradition. Nor do they appear on any monument or on any other archaeological find. They simply do not exist anywhere in any Egyptian sources. In fact, they appear NOWHERE outside the BoA.

    Is this true or false? Thanks

  19. #94
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    So, JohnT, how does the Mormon Dialogue & Discussion board handle those who are banned? BrianH has bragged in the past, along with James Banta, that the LDS there couldn't take their 'honest dialogue' and banned them. So my witness is not false.

    So will you man up and apologize for your false accusation?

    Marvin
    I have never "bragged" nor even claimed to have been banned from the LDS board.

    More to the point though, no one there can answer this challenge any better than you have here - which is to say, not at all. Instead you are doing the Mormon thing: trying to change the subject, using stoopid accusations, childish insults, false claims and other evasions all the while failing to address the actual topic.

    Speaking of the topic, (the challenge you could only dismiss as "unbeliveale" and "ridiculous"), please answer the question. You will not escape your responsibility to do so by all your usual shallow and transparent tricks.

    You don't fool anyone, Marvin. Everyone here knows that you have NOTHING. Your own behavior shows that YOU yourself know you have nothing.

    -BH

    .

  20. #95
    John T
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    So, JohnT, how does the Mormon Dialogue & Discussion board handle those who are banned? BrianH has bragged in the past, along with James Banta, that the LDS there couldn't take their 'honest dialogue' and banned them. So my witness is not false.

    So will you man up and apologize for your false accusation? Marvin
    I will apologize for the parts that were wrong; I am unaware of his status on boards other than CARM, you could be right.

    As to CARM, I was correct.

    This is the sort of thing that happens when we are not specific, and it happens to ALL of us at one time or another.

    That being said, what relevance is that to his OP?

    Seems like a derailing tactic when someone posts about something extraneous to the OP, but I could be wrong on that.

  21. #96
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    I will apologize for the parts that were wrong; I am unaware of his status on boards other than CARM, you could be right.
    ...But he's not. I am not banned from the LDS board. I am not banned from ANY board. More to the point, no matter how much he may wish I was the topic here, I am NOT the topic here. Its always easy to attack a PERSON, instead of dealing with the ideas on a board like this, and it is certainly easier than even trying to actually address the topic, especially when the topic proves that your so-called "prophet" was nothing but a common con artist.

    As to CARM, I was correct.

    This is the sort of thing that happens when we are not specific, and it happens to ALL of us at one time or another.

    That being said, what relevance is that to his OP?

    Seems like a derailing tactic when someone posts about something extraneous to the OP, but I could be wrong on that.
    ...But you're not. In fact that is exactly what Mormons do all over this board. They try (and sadly they frequently succeed) to derail any and all challenges to the claims of their religion off onto some irrelevant tangent, such as making accusations against those who dare to question what their leaders proclaim. That is what Mormons DO, and they do it reflexively. Its as if they cannot help themselves. They do it even after you tell the that is exactly what they will do!

    -BH

    .

  22. #97
    John T
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    ...But he's not. I am not banned from the LDS board. I am not banned from ANY board. More to the point, no matter how much he may wish I was the topic here, I am NOT the topic here. Its always easy to attack a PERSON, instead of dealing with the ideas on a board like this, and it is certainly easier than even trying to actually address the topic, especially when the topic proves that your so-called "prophet" was nothing but a common con artist.
    I rescind my apology



    ...But you're not. In fact that is exactly what Mormons do all over this board. They try (and sadly they frequently succeed) to derail any and all challenges to the claims of their religion off onto some irrelevant tangent, such as making accusations against those who dare to question what their leaders proclaim. That is what Mormons DO, and they do it reflexively. Its as if they cannot help themselves. They do it even after you tell the that is exactly what they will do! -BH .
    I used the sarcastic, roll eyes emoticon to indicate that I was being sarcastic, and that indeed, he was derailing.

  23. #98
    BrianH
    Guest

    Default

    I used the sarcastic, roll eyes emoticon to indicate that I was being sarcastic, and that indeed, he was derailing.
    I know. I got that. And you are right, derailing is the quintessential Mormon tactic so evident all over this thread and all over this board.

    -BH

    .

  24. #99
    jdjhere
    Guest

    Default

    RUSSIANWOLFE (Its like PULLING TEETH around here to get answers!) Sheesh!

    Russianwolfe stated about BrianH: "Your demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable"

    The question below does not fall into the "demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable" category at ALL.

    So, Russianwolfe, can you just answer if this one question is true or not? Thanks

    There are NO Egyptian gods named “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” (not discovered in the science of Archeology). Those names appear NOWHERE in the vast archives of Egyptian literature, mythology, lore and oral tradition. Nor do they appear on any monument or on any other archaeological find. They simply do not exist anywhere in any Egyptian sources. In fact, they appear NOWHERE outside the BoA.

    Is this true or false? Are you going to answer ANYTHING??!!?? Thanks

  25. #100
    Russianwolfe
    Guest

    Default

    So where do we find these names:
    Abraham 1:13

    13 It was made after the form of a bedstead, such as was had among the Chaldeans, and it stood before the gods of Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah, Korash, and also a god like unto that of Pharaoh, king of Egypt.
    Seems that you have a major problem here. This is the first chapter of Abraham and the only time Egypt is mentioned in this chapter is at the end when Abraham reviews the government of Egypt. The priest that attempts to kill Abraham is Chaldean not Egyptian.

    Seems you and BrianH got it wrong. These are not Egyptian gods.

    Marvin


    Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    RUSSIANWOLFE (Its like PULLING TEETH around here to get answers!) Sheesh!

    Russianwolfe stated about BrianH: "Your demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable"

    The question below does not fall into the "demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable" category at ALL.

    So, Russianwolfe, can you just answer if this one question is true or not? Thanks

    There are NO Egyptian gods named “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” (not discovered in the science of Archeology). Those names appear NOWHERE in the vast archives of Egyptian literature, mythology, lore and oral tradition. Nor do they appear on any monument or on any other archaeological find. They simply do not exist anywhere in any Egyptian sources. In fact, they appear NOWHERE outside the BoA.

    Is this true or false? Are you going to answer ANYTHING??!!?? Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •