Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: An Opportunity for Russ

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I am here daily. IHS jim
    I believe when a TBM comes on this site they either come because they are in doubt or doubt we know our stuff.
    Keep up the good work.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    if that's the worst comment a guy is known for after years and years of debates?.....if thats it?...if thats all you got?

Let me ask you something...
    Where are the real nasty comments that Fig must have made?

I mean from you guy's reaction to my few words about my memory of Fig you must be thinking of tons and tons of truly nasty comments that Fig must have made to get you guys so worked up like this right?

Surly you can point out tons of Fig's posts that are profane to justify the way you carry on so?

You think we hated Fig? Not at all, we reached out to fig. We showed him the Way. He was one of my own, but he was lost and holding faith in Joseph Smith's invented god. Doing and doing and doing to make himself acceptable to that god did nothing for his salvation.. Fig was a wonderful man but he was lost.. He was into religion but not into Jesus. He was into works and not the grace offered by God through faith in Jesus. He was as a student of the Pharisees that would travel thousands of miles to make one a convert and then make him twice the child of he as they were themselves. By putting other means of salvation, means other than grace along side that grace as the means of salvation fig achieved that place Jesus taught of converts to such a system.. I am sorry to say that as of my last conversation with him he was hell bound.. IHS jim

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    While essentials of the Christian faith do exist,......only one God,
    I agree--but that would cause a real problem for Trinitarians:

1 Corinthians 8:6---King James Version (KJV)
    6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2:5---King James Version (KJV)
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 4:4-6---King James Version (KJV)
    4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

John 17:3---King James Version (KJV)
    3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Peter 1:3---King James Version (KJV)
    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Russ--the NT writers always separated out God the Son from the "one God" of the Biblical NT.

Berean

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I agree--but that would cause a real problem for Trinitarians:

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Russ--the NT writers always separated out God the Son from the "one God" of the Biblical NT.
    Nonsense.

Not only do you not understand the Bible (the answer is hidden in plain sight, right there in your argument) Simply read the Scriptures like a child, instead of with the Joseph Smith magic rock. You got yours with your Temple recommend, didn't you? If not, you should ask your Bishop. Everyone should have one.

The Book of Mormon doesn't separate God the Son from the Father, and since it's the "most correct book on the earth" why do you doubt it?

For example, we find in the Book of Mormon that Jesus and the Father are that ONE and ONLY God, manifest in 3 persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit:

Alma 11: 44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but everything shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

2 Nephi 26:12 And as I spake concerning the convincing of the Jews, that Jesus is the very Christ, it must needs be that the Gentiles be convinced also that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God;

3 Nephi 11:17 Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did worship him.

Mosiah 3:5 For behold, the time cometh, and is not far distant, that with power, the Lord Omnipotent who reigneth, who was, and is from all eternity to all eternity, shall come down from heaven among the children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay, and shall go forth amongst men, working mighty miracles, such as healing the sick, raising the dead, causing the lame to walk, the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear, and curing all manner of diseases.

3 Nephi 19:18 And behold, they began to pray; and they did pray unto Jesus, calling him their Lord and their God.

Mosiah 5:15 Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen.

2 Nephi 10:3 Wherefore, as I said unto you, it must needs be expedient that Christ*for in the last night the angel spake unto me that this should be his name*should come among the Jews, among those who are the more wicked part of the world; and they shall crucify him*for thus it behooveth our God, and there is none other nation on earth that would crucify their God.

2 Nephi 25:29 And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out.

Now the Bible also claims that God and Jesus are that same One God.

For example:

• The God of the Bible is by nature, Spirit (John 4:24).
    • There is only One True God, but He exists as three Persons -- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:16-17).
    • God is infinite (1 Timothy 1:17),
    • Incomparable (2 Samuel 7:22),
    • And unchanging (Malachi 3:6).
    • God is omnipresent (exists everywhere) (Psalm 139:7-12),
    • Omniscient (knows everything) (Psalm 147:5; Isaiah 40:28),
    • And is omnipotent (has all power and authority) (Ephesians 1; Revelation 19:6).

I leave you to look these up yourself, and please do, but please ditch the KJV for a more accurate translation. Perhaps that's why you're struggling so much with this and other plain and simple Bible doctrines.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostI agree--but that would cause a real problem for Trinitarians:

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Nonsense.

Not only do you not understand the Bible (the answer is hidden in plain sight, right there in your argument) Simply read the Scriptures like a child, instead of with the Joseph Smith magic rock. You got yours with your Temple recommend, didn't you? If not, you should ask your Bishop. Everyone should have one.
    Again--the Biblical NT always separated out God the Son from the "one God" of the Biblical text--the very God and Father of God the Son.

Care to address the above scriptures?

Care to give us any NT scripture which combines all three persons in the "one God" of the Biblical text?

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Father_JD View Post
    My. The old Mormon game in which if a verse doesn't explicitly state something according to Mormon "judgment" that it should, then somehow the Bible doesn't teach it, etc.

Questions for you figster:

Does the Bible call the Father, "God".

Yes.

Does the Bible call the Son, "God".

Yes.

Does the Bible call the Holy Spirit, "God".

Yes.

Does the Bible teach there is ONLY ONE GOD?

Yes.
    There's only one problem with that logic, Father.

The Biblical NT writers always separated out God the Son from the "one God" of the Biblical NT:

1 Timothy 2:5--King James Version (KJV)

Ephesians 4:4-6--King James Version (KJV)

1 Peter 1:3--King James Version (KJV)