Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: An Opportunity for Russ

TrueBlue?

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Father Abraham?
    Really? He did not need Christ to go to Heaven?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue? View Post
    Really? He did not need Christ to go to Heaven?
    He needed God.. It was through believing God that Abraham was made righteous (Genesis 15:6) and who is God? (John 1:1).. IHS jim

TrueBlue?

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    He needed God.. It was through believing God that Abraham was made righteous (Genesis 15:6) and who is God? (John 1:1).. IHS jim
    I was asking RealFakeHair, he stated Father Abraham did not need Jesus. I am trying to understand how Father Abraham broke down the gates of hell himself without Christ to get to heaven.

James Banta

I was asking RealFakeHair, he stated Father Abraham did not need Jesus. I am trying to understand how Father Abraham broke down the gates of hell himself without Christ to get to heaven.
    You should check with Hair again and make sure you are on the same page with him. I have never seem him say anything that unbiblical before.. IHS jim

TrueBlue?

You should check with Hair again and make sure you are on the same page with him. I have never seem him say anything that unbiblical before.. IHS jim
    Thats why I said I was asking RealFakeHair. Do you even try to keep up with whats been posted?

RealFakeHair

Thats why I said I was asking RealFakeHair. Do you even try to keep up with whats been posted?
    Now, now lets all get along. I think we all sometimes ***ume to much, or maybe drink to much. Maybe they are one in the same. As far as Father Abraham needing Jesus; don't we all.

James Banta

Do I read every post? No, do you? I do respond when I believe two people are not understanding each other and try to get it worked out.. That is all I was doing here.. IHS jim

TrueBlue?

Do I read every post? No, do you? I do respond when I believe two people are not understanding each other and try to get it worked out.. That is all I was doing here.. IHS jim
    Of course not, and the ones I have not read I do not interject myself into. How can you bring understanding to something that you haven't read yourself? If you haven't read it, then how is it your supposed to understand? Do you see the issue yet? Alright then. I appreciate your intentions, but maybe understanding first would go along way in your desire to help to people understand what it is your not understanding.

TrueBlue?

Now, now lets all get along. I think we all sometimes ***ume to much, or maybe drink to much. Maybe they are one in the same. As far as Father Abraham needing Jesus; don't we all.
    Getting along fine. I think due to his answer that was a legitimate question. No anger, just dumbfoundness. Anywho. I see your not willing to debate on a real level here. Sorry for that mistake.

RealFakeHair

Getting along fine. I think due to his answer that was a legitimate question. No anger, just dumbfoundness. Anywho. I see your not willing to debate on a real level here. Sorry for that mistake.
    First rule in debating is not to ***ume. Second rule is to know the other guys answer before you ask the question.
    Third rule is to, oh shoot I forgot the third rule....

TrueBlue?

First rule in debating is not to ***ume. Second rule is to know the other guys answer before you ask the question.
    Third rule is to, oh shoot I forgot the third rule....
    Third rule. if wrong about answer refer to rule # 1.

RealFakeHair

Third rule. if wrong about answer refer to rule # 1.
    yeah, that's it.

alanmolstad

Life's rules...

Rule #1 - Never p*** up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.

Rule #2 - Never break Rule #1 or else.

Rule #3 - The shortest distance between two points is not a straight line, rather it's the time between a guy first learning how to do something, and then trying to show-off doing it.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Life's rules...

Rule #1 - Never p*** up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.

Rule #2 - Never break Rule #1 or else.

Rule #3 - The shortest distance between two points is not a straight line, rather it's the time between a guy first learning how to do something, and then trying to show-off doing it.
    You must have watch me play golf Monday!

alanmolstad

Do I read every post? No, do you?
    I give each post about 5 seconds to entertain me....then I decide if the poster is worth reading?...
    has addressed me personally?..
    has posted something interesting and with good manners?

Or...

..is a wanker and not worth dealing with?....
    or is one of them guys who only gets to type on their mom's computer when she is not looking?

jdjhere

I still see a few familiar posters here. Not many people here anymore though!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    I still see a few familiar posters here. Not many people here anymore though!
    we are kinda a intimate group to be sure.....

jdjhere

I have always come to this site to ask questions or share. I tried going to CARM but it seemed confusing to me. I have not been here for awhile and saw that Fig p***ed away? Wow.

alanmolstad

The advantage of a smaller room is that you can take the time you need...

You can listen and ask questions...you can share a thought completely and not have to yell over the noise of troublemakers who seem to fill-up larger forums with junk....

alanmolstad

I.... saw that Fig p***ed away? Wow.
    he dropped off the forum a long time ago...i tried to reach out to him a few times, but it seems he stopped posting when a lot of other Mormons also dropped out of sight....

I never learned the reason why?

many of the other Mormons came back after a while anyway, but not Fig....

I only learned by accident that he had p***ed.

i started a topic here about him if your interested in sharing memories ...

jdjhere

I agree Alanmolstad but it woukld be nice to have some LDS here! Not that we cant chat without them, mind you. So, I see JamesBanta is still here at times and realfakehair too.

alanmolstad

I agree Alanmolstad but it woukld be nice to have some LDS here!.
    here is what i have learned over the last few weeks.
    I learned that this site is always visited by Mormons, but that many dont sign-in and have their names pop up.

I also learned that there are many topics in this forum that are still very good things to comment on.....

I have seen how Christians feel free to disagree, and that is something you dont find in Mormonism....the "feeling free"...

and I think thats one of the main reasons we get visitors who are not yet believers...they wish to experience this freedom.

jdjhere

"Feeling free" in Christ is liberating. He came to "set us free." Knowing that He did this FOR me makes me love Him more every day and I do not fear death anymore. THAT IS freedom! Just like Thomas said, He is my Lord and my God.

RealFakeHair

"Feeling free" in Christ is liberating. He came to "set us free." Knowing that He did this FOR me makes me love Him more every day and I do not fear death anymore. THAT IS freedom!
    I believe Apostle Paul, knew best the freedom and Liberty in Christ Jesus of the Holy Bible. I also believe most ex-mormon who come to Christ of the Holy Bible have similar experiences.

James Banta

I agree Alanmolstad but it woukld be nice to have some LDS here! Not that we cant chat without them, mind you. So, I see JamesBanta is still here at times and realfakehair too.

I am here daily. IHS jim