Thread: "Baha'i" in Kingdom of the Cults INaccurate

Daheshist

Default "Baha'i" in Kingdom of the Cults INaccurate

In the chapter "Baha'i Faith" in Kingdom of the Cults, his depiction of Baha'i belief is way, way off. It seems he telephone interviewed a new Baha'i who didn't know much about the Faith at all, some new Baha'i who lived in Orange County. The "Baha'i Faith" is very different from the depiction in "Kingdom of the Cults".

alanmolstad

well lets see....Do they worship Jesus as lord?
    Do they teach that Jesus died on a cross for our sins, and rose in his own body out of the grave?

If they do?...then we may have a case to make that Baha'i is not a CULT after all.
    But if they have other things they teach?....then we know a CULT when we see one after all....LOL

Default What does Baha'i teach?

Daheshist, your statement may be legitimate, but it begs the question "What does Baha'i actually teach, and what statement(s) in the 'Cults book is contrary to that?"

Just for the record, I googled Baha'i and got this from an official looking website, perhaps you can correct me if you are more knowledgeable on the subject.

"Throughout history, God has revealed Himself to humanity through a series of divine Messengers, whose teachings guide and educate us and provide the basis for the advancement of human society. These Messengers have included Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad. Their religions come from the same Source and are in essence successive chapters of one religion from God."

This seems to me to be essentially the same stuff talked about in the 'Cult book. Can you give some quotes for us?

From this statement and some other cursory reading, I gather that Baha'i teaches that Jesus was equivalent to other people listed above. If they say he was divine, then he wasn't more divine than Muhammed or any of the others, and they certainly cannot believe that he bodily rose from the dead, since none of the other "divine messengers" bodily rose from the dead.

So then your statement 'The "Baha'i Faith" is very different from the depiction in "Kingdom of the Cults".' - please tell us exactly what you are talking about.
    Last edited by tdidymas; 08-12-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: typo

alanmolstad

I think that the guy who stared this topic has found that Walter Martin actually did know what he was talking about...

DNMARTIN

Default jesus

So Jesus was a cult member because he was a believer in Judaism?

alanmolstad

jesus is God...