Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why So Few Martin Posters?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by ActRaiser View Post
    Why are there so few posters in this forum when there Walter Martin was such an important man?
    I really only have free time to post stuff on the weekends....
    Sometimes I get a chance to post a line or two in the morning, but mostly I only have the weekends to play here...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    Do you guys think Carm might allow us to tell others about this forum to maybe get some traffic from over there ?
    many times we run into website owners that take a dim view of telling people about other sites.....

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I really only have free time to post stuff on the weekends....
    Sometimes I get a chance to post a line or two in the morning, but mostly I only have the weekends to play here...
    I have noticed that in most forums that discuss religion, unless there is tension and some argument between posters people tend to lose interest. Perhaps that is too general a statement but I think it is the nature of people to not only want to be right but to also prove someone wrong. I remember a number of years ago there was a man who posted in the Catholic section and was considered to be a horrible anti-Catholic bigot. Every time he made a comment there were a slew of replies, much conversation and of course ridicule and name calling from both sides. This busily went on for months, until he got banned and before long there was no activity on the catholic board and there still isn't. It seems to be this way in all boards, if there is no perceived "bad guy", people find a place where there is one.

John T

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I have noticed that in most forums that discuss religion, unless there is tension and some argument between posters people tend to lose interest. Perhaps that is too general a statement but I think it is the nature of people to not only want to be right but to also prove someone wrong. I remember a number of years ago there was a man who posted in the Catholic section and was considered to be a horrible anti-Catholic bigot. Every time he made a comment there were a slew of replies, much conversation and of course ridicule and name calling from both sides. This busily went on for months, until he got banned and before long there was no activity on the catholic board and there still isn't. It seems to be this way in all boards, if there is no perceived "bad guy", people find a place where there is one.
    The reason I believe that happens is because posts like this are permitted to stand without correction:

http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/s...l=1#post159637

and

http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/s...l=1#post159613

are permitted to stand unchallenged and uncorrected for a long time. Why would anyone want to see all that nastiness being hurled here. It seems to ma that the moderation rubric here is "benign neglect" until the nastiness escalates to where it explodes, and then there are m*** causalities.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I'm attempting to type but my cat seems to have other ideas...

anyway, I believe this was a very astute observation disciple, and must agree with all the points you raise.....

Well done!

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I'm attempting to type but my cat seems to have other ideas...

anyway, I believe this was a very astute observation disciple, and must agree with all the points you raise.....

Well done!
    I HATE CATS! lol

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I HATE CATS! lol
    Do you mean "Cats" the broadway show or real cats.

Christodoulos

The reason is because you have moderators who interject their displeasure at subject matter they hold up for discussion. This can't be done with any sense of equity or fairness because of the subjective nature of many of the topics. Folks are not going to put up with it for long!

Christodoulos

Unless those who claim to know scripture are willing to debate then everything becomes muted. And no one is interested in voicing an opinion subject to vile criticisms. As I was subjected to;but no one dares debate me.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Hmmm, I must have missed your email.
    still waiting for that list of non-Mormon topics that you have started or posted comments on?

alanmolstad

you come here for years and years and years.....

and in all that time, you have started how many non-Mormon topics?

As I said before here, the thing I have noticed the most on this forum is that people have very little interest in other things except for that one little area where they spend all their time posting on....

Here on the walter martin forum its mostly and strictly "Mormons"

Mormons 24 hrs a day, every day,,,year after year...

and then from time to time I read comments on other forums that the Walter Martin forum is dead?...and this is said as if to criticize of the site itself?

the truth is that this forum reflects the members who visit, and we are known for members that dont like to get outside their little box.

To help this situation I suggest you go challenge yourself to step outside your little box....and start a few topics from time to time that are off the Mormon area.....