Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Mitt leads the ticket?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Default If Mitt leads the ticket?

If Mitt leads the ticket Im going to vote for him.

hey sorry if that ticks-off a few here, but that's a fact of life.

I dont consider the religion of anyone running for office....

So if Mitt leads the ticket, he is my guy.

but right now Mitt is not on the ticket and so who do i support?
    I support ?.......

squat.

I dont like anyone of the guys is the race.
    but then that's just too bad for me, because I HATE Obama so much I would vote for a ham sandwich over him for President.

To be honest, I miss Sarah Palin, and the circus she brings....

I like H.Cain, but why do guys like him run for the office of President their first time out?....what ever happened to running for Governor or even mayor first?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    If Mitt leads the ticket Im going to vote for him.

hey sorry if that ticks-off a few here, but that's a fact of life.

I dont consider the religion of anyone running for office....

So if Mitt leads the ticket, he is my guy.

but right now Mitt is not on the ticket and so who do i support?
    I support ?.......

squat.

I dont like anyone of the guys is the race.
    but then that's just too bad for me, because I HATE Obama so much I would vote for a ham sandwich over him for President.

To be honest, I miss Sarah Palin, and the circus she brings....

I like H.Cain, but why do guys like him run for the office of President their first time out?....what ever happened to running for Governor or even mayor first?
    I am one of those moderates who will swing to who ever I think is best for office. Cain's 9-9-9 plan is a regressive tax on the poor, so I could never support him even though I like his gumption.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Cain's 9-9-9 plan is ....
    Is an ad campaign....
    The man himself is actually a guy I would love to see fixing the Union.....
    The truth be told, Cain is the only guy running that has any plan at all for fixing the situation...

The rest seem to believe that just by being elected things will get better...

But Cain has no money, and when the real voting starts the real money comes into play....

alanmolstad

Oh and by the way...
    Dont You just love this my new topic in the Mormon section????

and....

I thank you BigJulie for responding to a topic that actually is only 'slightly" Mormon related....

I have given up being able to have serious debates over non-Mormon connected topics....

(You guys win....I admit it...I give up attempting to start non-Mormon topics here...)

Oh and by the way...
    Dont You just love this my new topic in the Mormon section????

and....

I thank you BigJulie for responding to a topic that actually is only 'slightly" Mormon related....

I have given up being able to have serious debates over non-Mormon connected topics....

(You guys win....I admit it...I give up attempting to start non-Mormon topics here...)
    I think it is good to talk in areas where we can find some common ground and Mitt Romney and John Huntsmen have certainly brought Mormonism front and center.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

have certainly brought Mormonism front and center.

let me peek into the future...........

and..........

the future is.......

hmmm...interesting, this peek is taking a longer time that normal...?

My prediction is that ...in the end, if Mitt wins the nomination it will be a very big plus for the Mormon church.

let me peek into the future...........

and..........

the future is.......

hmmm...interesting, this peek is taking a longer time that normal...?

My prediction is that ...in the end, if Mitt wins the nomination it will be a very big plus for the Mormon church.
    I think if Mitt wins it will be very good for this economy. He turned M***. around (uped their credit rating), turned the SLC olympics around and he is very educated both in the academic setting and the world business setting. He is lacking in the military experience and is more liberal than very-right conservatives.

Cain is experienced with the business setting. And I laughed very hard when he said "if 10% is good enough for God, 9% should be good enough for the U.S."

Libby

I think Romney and Huntsman are the only respectable candidates on the GOP ticket. If Romney isn't the pick, the Republicans are going to lose big time, next year.

I'm a left leaning Independent, and will be voting for Obama.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I think Romney and Huntsman are the only respectable candidates on the GOP ticket.
    Huntsman has absolutely no chance to win. It is between Cain and Romney IMO and I prefer Cain over Romney at this point in time. But as I said before I would welcome a Romney win because I think it will be a good way to expose the false teachings of Mormonism.

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Huntsman has absolutely no chance to win. It is between Cain and Romney IMO and I prefer Cain over Romney at this point in time. But as I said before I would welcome a Romney win because I think it will be a good way to expose the false teachings of Mormonism.
    Like I said, on another thread, I don't think having a President, who is LDS, is going to hurt the church, as the critics seem to believe. So far, anyone who has dared to publicly criticize Mitt's religion, calling it a "cult", has gotten badly beaten up by the press. The majority of people don't want religion to be an issue in political campaigns.

Agree that Huntsman has no chance, but he is still miles better than most of the other candidates (from my perspective).

Billyray

Like I said, on another thread, I don't think having a President, who is LDS, is going to hurt the church, as the critics seem to believe.
    I completely disagree with you Libby. Just look at the last election where the whole Jesus being the brother of Satan was brought up. Most people had never heard about that before but then it became a well know fact. This will expose Mormonism and their false teachings so more people will be more aware of what they really believe. Will they still have converts despite this? Of course. They will attract people such as yourself who disregard what the Bible teaches and rely on their mental intellect or their feelings.

Libby

I completely disagree with you Libby. Just look at the last election where the whole Jesus being the brother of Satan was brought up. Most people had never heard about that before but then it became a well know fact. This will expose Mormonism and their false teachings so more people will be more aware of what they really believe. Will they still have converts despite this? Of course. They will attract people such as yourself who disregard what the Bible teaches and rely on their mental intellect or their feelings.
    It may bring more attention to the religion (both positive and negative attention, most likely), but I'm just saying, bringing it up during the campaign (in a negative light) is definitely detrimental. Just ask Rick Perry.

Billyray

. . . but I'm just saying, bringing it up during the campaign (in a negative light) is definitely detrimental. Just ask Rick Perry.
    Sure but once Mitt gets elected this won't be the case. And despite the negative reaction for Rick Perry what stays in people's mind is that Mormonism is a cult.

Libby

Sure but once Mitt gets elected this won't be the case. And despite the negative reaction for Rick Perry what stays in people's mind is that Mormonism is a cult.
    The reaction I have seen, both in the media and among my friends (who are a pretty diverse group) is that it's a lie and they are just trying to slander Mitt, using his religion to do so (which is not cool). Even my liberal friends took that at***ude, and many of them do not like the church's stance on ****sexuality...but they still think bringing up (attacking) his religion is not right.

Billyray

The reaction I have seen, both in the media and among my friends (who are a pretty diverse group) is that it's a lie and they are just trying to slander Mitt, using his religion to do so (which is not cool). Even my liberal friends took that at***ude, and many of them do not like the church's stance on ****sexuality...but they still think bringing up (attacking) his religion is not right.
    Right or not it doesn't matter if Mitt gets into office. Then it won't be fellow candidates but talk show hosts and the like which will expose all of the warts of Mormonism. Most people ***ume that Mormonism is just another Christian sect because they don't really know what LDS believe, but this will change as their doctrine is given More and more airtime.

Libby

Right or not it doesn't matter if Mitt gets into office. Then it won't be fellow candidates but talk show hosts and the like which will expose all of the warts of Mormonism.
    We'll see, Billy.

Personally, I don't think, even Romney, can beat the President, so we may never get to find out how it would have played out.

Billyray

We'll see, Billy.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see a Sa****ay Night Live skit especially given the popularity of the B of M Broadway play.

Libby

It wouldn't surprise me to see a Sa****ay Night Live skit especially given the popularity of the B of M Broadway play.
    That I could see. But, I don't think people are going to take that particularly seriously.

I had to laugh, when Mitt said, he wanted to get out to see the Book of Mormon play! I think he has no idea what is in it (the language, etc).

Billyray

That I could see. But, I don't think people are going to take that particularly seriously.
    I do. And nothing like humor to get people to watch. I can see it now, Mitt is in the White House trying to make a decision about the middle east peace process and Joseph Smith and the Angel Moroni appear to him.

Libby

I do. And nothing like humor to get people to watch. I can see it now, Mitt is in the White House trying to make a decision about the middle east peace process and Joseph Smith and the Angel Moroni appear to him.
    Oh brother..lol....maybe you should apply for a *** as comedy writer.

alanmolstad

Now as for the NEXT question.....
    If Mitt is on the ticket will he win the election?.....

again let me take a moment and dip my thoughts into the future and see what I see....

.................................................. ...

nope.
    I do not believe that if Mitt gets on the ticket there is a likelihood that he is able to win the election.

Now I would vote for him....But there is a HUGE problem with Mitt that the Republicans have to deal with, ie:.....he is not conservative.

This lack of being conservative means the only way he wins is to run on the fact that he is not Obama...not a Democrat.

The trick for him will be to have enough conservatives like myself, to overlook who he is and only see the big "R" after his name.

So in reality, I will not so much be voting for Mitt, as I will be voting for the "Republican Party" this next time around.

But like I said....Mitt is not conservative, and the Republicans have shown in the last few elections that you need to appear very conservative to get the needed support of the conservative voters that get a Republican elected.

Right now, Mitt appears a worse choice for conservatives than even McCain was in the last election.

Now as for the NEXT question.....
    If Mitt is on the ticket will he win the election?.....

again let me take a moment and dip my thoughts into the future and see what I see....

.................................................. ...

nope.
    I do not believe that if Mitt gets on the ticket there is a likelihood that he is able to win the election.

Now I would vote for him....But there is a HUGE problem with Mitt that the Republicans have to deal with, ie:.....he is not conservative.

This lack of being conservative means the only way he wins is to run on the fact that he is not Obama...not a Democrat.

The trick for him will be to have enough conservatives like myself, to overlook who he is and only see the big "R" after his name.

So in reality, I will not so much be voting for Mitt, as I will be voting for the "Republican Party" this next time around.

But like I said....Mitt is not conservative, and the Republicans have shown in the last few elections that you need to appear very conservative to get the needed support of the conservative voters that get a Republican elected.

Right now, Mitt appears a worse choice for conservatives than even McCain was in the last election.
    Mitt's chances will have a lot to do with what is happening in the economy next summer and into the election. And Obama is having a struggle with the a house that controls the money that is against him. I think that is why he is trying to scour through old bills to see exactly what they can implement as fast as they can---he has to get the money out there so things appear okay. But anyone who is paying attention can see that this is a short term gig and without long-term solutions, the economy will stay on its sluggish track. Obama has pitted himself against business leaders. He has changed the laws in a such a way that businesses are pulling away and moving away. He has shut down much of our gas resources. This election really will be about capitolism verses marxism. It will be interesting to see what the people want.

I am not sure Rick Perry is out of the running yet. He has a lot of money and is an aggressive campaigner.

Billyray

I am not sure Rick Perry is out of the running yet. He has a lot of money and is an aggressive campaigner.
    He did a terrible *** in the last debate.

He did a terrible *** in the last debate.
    I know. He just sat there and did very little if anything other than ask Romney a question that gave Romney a chance to shine.