Thread: Biblical and historical reasons why Mitt Romney is not a Christian

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    some people miss this last part of my post I guess.....
    Nope, my point isn't at all the Rick S. is worse, but merely that you seem to forgive one candidate over the other and rail on one candidate but not the other. Why?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

Again......
    My huge distrust for Mitt Romney is based on what I see as his being a political pros***ute in his political stands.

I dont trust him
    Conservatives dont trust him...

....not only for the things he did years ago..

I dont trust him for the things he has done to stab the pro-Life cause in the back DURING THIS ELECTION!>

So what Im saying is that Mitt is right now, currently doing the complete wrong thing from my political point of view.

Mitt Wrongney has went out of his way during this election to insult the pro-life cause
    Now when I add this insult of his to the fact that he has a well known history of flip-flops of the Abortion issue, then that seals the deal as far as Im concerned...

This means that while I would never hold Mitt's religion against him, I would yet for purely political reasons rather vote for a bag of dirt for President than vote for Romney.....

Pa Pa

Again......
    My huge distrust for Mitt Romney is based on what I see as his being a political pros***ute in his political stands.
    Well he in politics and running for office, of Pope or Prophet.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    Well he in politics and running for office, of Pope or Prophet.
    I dont understand this comment....

is this a question?

Mitt Romney is running for President.
    The office of President is a political matter, and I will judge who I will vote for on only political matters.

Pa Pa

I dont understand this comment....

is this a question?

Mitt Romney is running for President.
    The office of President is a political matter, and I will judge who I will vote for on only political matters.
    I was agreeing with but let out a word which did make it confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    I was agreeing with but let out a word which did make it confusing.

Theo was speaking of tolerance of false beliefs. In fact, didn't Theo say he'd vote for the best man regardless of his relgious beliefs? I believe he did. Seems you are maligning a Christian here.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

alanmolstad

?

Alan, I think PaPa was agreeing with you and Apologette was confused and so took another stab. *sigh*
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

Theo was speaking of tolerance of false beliefs. In fact, didn't Theo say he'd vote for the best man regardless of his relgious beliefs? I believe he did. Seems you are maligning a Christian here.
    Alanmolstad is Theo? Again with the many names and accounts.

jdjhere

So, any more comments on the political front? Who do people think is going to win in a few weeks?? Its going to be interesting for sure.

Libby

I don't think Romney will win. The electoral votes are overwhelmingly in favor of Obama.

alanmolstad

Even yoda did not try to predict the future ...

alanmolstad

Again......

I dont trust him
    Conservatives dont trust him...

....not only for the things he did years ago..

I dont trust him for the things he has done to stab the pro-Life cause in the back DURING THIS ELECTION!>

So what Im saying is that Mitt is right now, currently doing the complete wrong thing from my political point of view.

Mitt Wrongney has went out of his way during this election to insult the pro-life cause
    Now when I add this insult of his to the fact that he has a well known history of flip-flops of the Abortion issue, then that seals the deal as far as Im concerned...

I think when the people in this race or who gave advice to people in this race all sit down and start to write their books on this election, that there is going to come out a story of why Mitt turned his back on the Republican Conservative base, and simply did not make any appeals on conservative issues like Abortion...

Right now the way Mitt ran his campain it's like he wanted to run as a Dem...

Mitt seems to have run on an "dont talk about abortion" platform...
    Mitt tried to keep his run centered on the state of the economy and that hurt him because by election day all the TV news reports were that "Things are getting better" (as I predicted by the way)

This means that by the end of the election Mitt really had no real reason left for anyone to vote for him....

The lesson here is this -

The Republican Party had a strong conservative push at the start of this going into Iowa.
    The problem for the conservatives was that due to the great number of Conservatives in the race going into Iowa the convervative vote was split between 6 or more different names.

That left the more liberal Republicans with only Mitt to vote for.

So the great number of conservatives killed their chance to represent the vasy majority of the party.....and so a guy that the conservatives didnt like kept willing and willing as time after time the conservative vote was split.

and that is how Mitt got the lead spot on the ticket....

and that hints what is the best way to fix this too....and that is to work things in such a way as to have only one top conservative left in the race going into Iowa.