Thread: Biblical and historical reasons why Mitt Romney is not a Christian

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Yes, agree--the Bible is God's word---but anybody paying attention can see that the way the Bible has been read or what is meant by it has changed over the years which is why the Journal of Jewish Studies has an article which states that the belief that creation came from nothing is a belief that was influenced by Islam and Christianity after the death of Christ and is not historically a Jewish belief.

It is also why Catholism changed to Protestantism, etc.
    Please show where the meaning of the scripture has been changed in any way.. I deny that it has, there is no proof I have ever seen that confirms such a denial of the promises of Jesus.. Such a statement is akin to saying that the Church was ever abandon by God and allowed to be lost to the world.. For Jesus made a promise that His word (And He is God so all the Bible is His word) would never p*** away, and that He would be with us until the very end of the age. How can a church deny that the promises of Jesus were kept and still call it's self a Christian church? More PROOF that mormonism is NOT Christian..

You again use the knowledge and wisdom of men to show your anti Christ teaching that Jesus was nothing but a liar. A Journal of Jewish studies is just that the opinions of mere men.. The Bible says that Jesus made all things visible and invisible, things that are in heaven, and that are in earth, thrones, dominions, principalities, and powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him (Col 1:16).. What is there that exists that is not included in ALL things? So go ahead and use your references from the heart of mere men. I will rely on His word.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 12-06-2011 at 08:06 AM.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Please show where the meaning of the scripture has been changed in any way.. I deny that it has, there is no proof I have ever seen that confirms such a denial of the promises of Jesus
    The proof can be seen in history that while the words of the Bible remain the same, how they are understood has changed. Do you still do infant baptism? Do you still have a bishop come confirm you with the Holy Ghost? These are all part of the Catholic church and yet, it has changed. Likewise, now we have some who believe that baptism means of the spirit only and not of water while others believe that the Biblical text supports woman pastors and others do not, etc. etc. etc.

Such a statement is akin to saying that the Church was ever abandon by God and allowed to be lost to the world.. For Jesus made a promise that His word (And He is God so all the Bible is His word) would never p*** away, and that He would be with us until the very end of the age.
    Actually, Christ's comment is that not one jot or ***tle of the law shall p*** away that they won't be fulfilled--acknowledging that the transcribers have not been perfect or read perfectly, but He will not forget what He has said. The proof of this can be seen in those transcribers denying Him as Jesus Christ. They wrote the law, but they did not comprehend the law. They had lost the living WORD for the word.
    Last edited by BigJulie; 12-06-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Libby

They had lost the living WORD for the word.
    Yes, exactly.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Please show where the meaning of the scripture has been changed in any way..
    Anyone who has a religion that teaches that there is no obedience to Jesus Christ necessary for His grace unto salvation has not only changed the meaning of the scriptures--they have revised them to fit the very design of satan himself.

I deny that it has, there is no proof I have ever seen that confirms such a denial of the promises of Jesus.. Such a statement is akin to saying that the Church was ever abandon by God and allowed to be lost to the world..For Jesus made a promise that His word (And He is God so all the Bible is His word) would never p*** away, and that He would be with us until the very end of the age.
    When you refer to "us"--would that be the Catholics, the Lutherans, the Baptists--who?

How can a church deny that the promises of Jesus were kept and still call it's self a Christian church?
    And how can one read the Bible and get out of it that God had dozens of different denominations teaching conflicting doctrines without the foundation of the living apostles of Christ? Just where do you find that in the Bible NT?