Thread: Biblical and historical reasons why Mitt Romney is not a Christian

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post

BJ: I don't find your thoughts to be rational! You insult me by accusing me of putting a "filthy spin on Christ's conception? That is in your mind......
    No, that is in YOUR mind---you project your filth onto what you think are my beliefs.
    and I have no issue with how Christ was conceived. We know that Mary was overshadowed by the "Holy Spirit".
    Yes, I agree. But the details of how the Mary's egg was fertilized to impregnate Mary, we do not know. I have stated this many times---it is you who want to insist that we believe something more.

It is you and your leaders that have made it into some filthy thing, making it incestuous!
    Nope, you again. Now, if someone wants to discuss this or think sex was involved (which we have no scripture regarding)---I don't think of sex as a bad or disgusting thing. Do you?

I
    have already shared with you the very comments made by Pres. Benson who came right out and said that Christ was conceived literally like a man and woman conceive a child. This is FACT! Try and disclaim it.
    I haven't seen the quote, but regardless,

... just for good measure, I will repeat this quote: (Oh, I just saw the quote--nothing of it says what you think it does---it basically speaks to the fact that Jesus Christ is the begotten Son of God the Father which means he shares physical attributes and is the Son of God the Father. This does not state how He is the Son, but that He is the Son.)

Critics of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sometimes proclaim that the LDS believe that God had sex with Mary, resulting in the conception of Jesus. This is simply not true. While some members of the Church may have speculated concerning the conception of Jesus, the Church has never had a teaching concerning this event. This can easily be seen in a letter written by President Harold B. Lee to a brother in Logan, Utah. The letter is reproduced below. An edited version is also quoted in The Teachings of Harold B. Lee (Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1996), 14.

http://www.fairlds.org/Misc/Did_God_...with_Mary.html
    Last edited by BigJulie; 11-09-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?