Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biblical and historical reasons why Mitt Romney is not a Christian

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    That's not really true. There are plenty of parallels. Some Christians just do not wish to acknowledge them.
    Come on Libby who do you think you are kidding?

If Mormonism was close to Christianity then Christianity would welcome them but they don't and the reason they don't is because Mormonism teaches a completely different gospel and a completely different god.

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Come on Libby who do you think you are kidding?

If Mormonism was close to Christianity then Christianity would welcome them but they don't and the reason they don't is because Mormonism teaches a completely different gospel and a completely different god.
    Did I say anything about being "close" to traditional Christianity?? You do have a way of twisting words, Billy. That's not a good thing.

I said, there are some parallels...and there ARE. LDS follow and believe in the same Jesus in the Bible that you do...the Jesus who was born in Bethlehem and who suffered and died on Calvary..(whether you want to acknowledge that or not). Same Jesus, with some different beliefs about him.

Libby

If Mormonism was close to Christianity then Christianity would welcome
    Many conservative Christians don't even accept Catholicism as "Christian", Billy. Some are, notoriously, very narrow in their definition of Christianity.

Billyray

Many conservative Christians don't even accept Catholicism as "Christian", Billy.
    And how many Christians accept Mormons as fellow Christians?

And why is that do you think?

Libby

And how many Christians accept Mormons as fellow Christians?

And why is that do you think?
    Christians or Conservative Christians?

Why? Because LDS (and others) do no agree with their basic understanding/interpretation/definition of Christianity.

Billyray

Why? Because LDS (and others) do no agree with their basic understanding/interpretation/definition of Christianity.
    Because Mormonism and Christianity are polar opposites.

Libby

Because Mormonism and Christianity are polar opposites.
    Some big differences, yes, but not polar opposites, at all. And, yet, LDS, given their big differences with mainstream, still do not deny their (mainstream's) Christianity. Why do you think that is?

Billyray

Some big differences, yes, but not polar opposites, at all.
    You may not think they are polar opposites but I do.

Billyray

And, yet, LDS, given their big differences with mainstream, still do not deny their (mainstream's) Christianity. Why do you think that is?
    I am not sure what you mean can you rephrase it?

Libby

I am not sure what you mean can you rephrase it?
    All I'm saying, Billy, is that the LDS Church allows others the ***le of "Christian"....they don't try to say that, those with whom they disagree, are not Christian. At least, not the contemporary LDS Church. I'm sure you can dig something up from the past that will have someone saying differently.

Billyray

All I'm saying, Billy, is that the LDS Church allows others the ***le of "Christian"....they don't try to say that, those with whom they disagree, are not Christian.....
    1 Nephi 14
    10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the ***** of all the earth.

Libby

1 Nephi 14
    10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the ***** of all the earth.
    Yes, I think we've had that conversation, already. The First Counselor in my Ward said that the Church of the Lamb includes many who are not currently LDS....and the church of the devil may very well include those who are currently LDS. (in a nutshell)

I know for a fact that LDS do recognize other Christian denominations as Christian.

Billyray

Yes, I think we've had that conversation, already. The First Counselor in my Ward said that the Church of the Lamb includes many who are not currently LDS....and the church of the devil may very well include those who are currently LDS. (in a nutshell)

I know for a fact that LDS do recognize other Christian denominations as Christian.
    1. Which church is the Church of the lamb of God?

2. Which churches fall under the church of the devil?

Billyray

and the church of the devil may very well include those who are currently LDS.
    So some LDS belong to the church of the Devil?

Libby

So some LDS belong to the church of the Devil?
    According to what I was taught, yes. Those who follow and obey Christ belong to the Church of the Lamb. Those who do not, belong to the other.

Billyray

According to what I was taught, yes. Those who follow and obey Christ belong to the Church of the Lamb. Those who do not, belong to the other.
    So every person on this board belongs to the Church of the lamb of God and we are all going to be exalted?

Libby

So every person on this board belongs to the Church of the lamb of God and we are all going to be exalted?
    Within Mormon theology that is a distinct possibility.

Billyray

If that is the case then why do you think that they had Lucifer hiring a Christian minister to convert people to his religion in the temple ceremony pre-1990?

Libby

If that is the case then why do you think that they had Lucifer hiring a Christian minister to convert people to his religion in the temple ceremony pre-1990?
    I never, personally, witnessed that, but I would guess that the reasoning was that, once you have the "fulness", only satan could cause you to go to something less.

Billyray

I never, personally, witnessed that, but I would guess that the reasoning was that, once you have the "fulness", only satan could cause you to go to something less.
    So Lucifer's church where he hires Christian ministers to convert people is the Church of the Lamb of God according to Mormon thinking?

Libby

So Lucifer's church where he hires Christian ministers to convert people is the Church of the Lamb of God according to Mormon thinking?
    Huh?

Sorry, but that is making no sense, to me.

Billyray

Huh?

Why doesn't that make sense to you?

Define your concept of the church of the devil.

Billyray

Huh?

Here is a reminder

List what church is the church of the lamb of God.

List churches that fall under the church of the devil.

Libby

The two churches are not specific denominations, Billy. I already explained that. In simple terms, they are made up of those "individuals" who either embrace Christ or reject him.

Those individuals will belong to a lot of different denominations, with people from both the church of the devil and the Church of the Lamb of God within ALL of those denominations, including Mormonism.

Billyray

The two churches are not specific denominations, Billy.
    Come on Libby what Mormon really believes this?

Do you believe from the LDS point of view that there is one true church?