Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
I know there will be good and bad Christians and Mormons--I am looking at the overall stats and overall, truth helps in living a chaste life.
Julie,
Please, I don't care if you try all day to say you have the truth....No ONE keeps the commandments everyday, no one! You are naive to think such a thing. Your church believes it has the truth but again, why are there so many unwed mothers of LDS back ground who get pregnant, drink and do drugs? I've seen it. My own brother got caught up with the wrong crowd when he was 16, he was my father's favorite and they shared so much together. My parents were staunch members of the LDS Church and we were all taught the same. My brother got into smoking, and doing drugs. He sluffed school and almost didn't graduate from High School. He got his girl friend pregnant and got married when he was 18. Not a good way to start a marriage. So, you can say all you want that, "truth helps in living a chaste life" but that is not so! Teenagers WILL do what they want regardless of what they have been taught, it is just the way things are today and even during my teen years. Has this not been so down through the different generations? Some children are born to be rebellious, no matter how hard you try to teach them.