Thread: Biblical and historical reasons why Mitt Romney is not a Christian

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/walterm...not-a-christia

This thread is about THEOLOGY and HISTORY, not politics. Romney's name is mentioned because he continues to insist he is a "Christian" when it can be proven outside of politics that he is NOT.
    Well that depends on whether you plan on painting your definition of "Christian" with a broad brush, or a narrow brush.
    Careful though, too broad of a brush will include the LDS Church; too narrow of a brush and you might find yourself kicked out of your own Christian club.

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Well that depends on whether you plan on painting your definition of "Christian" with a broad brush, or a narrow brush.
    Careful though, too broad of a brush will include the LDS Church; too narrow of a brush and you might find yourself kicked out of your own Christian club.
    2000 years of Christian Church history records the definition of "Christian" in black and white. There is no gray and a brush is irrelevant.
    How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    2000 years of Christian Church history records the definition of "Christian" in black and white. There is no gray and a brush is irrelevant.
    Really??? What is that definition?
    Many Catholics still say that doesn't included Protestants, and many Protestants say that Christianity should not be applied to Catholics.

Please give a short but accurate definition.

neverending

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO PAINT THE DEFINITION OF CHRISTIAN. Mormonism can claim all day long that they are Christians because after all they believe in Jesus Christ and his name is on everyone of their buildings; but, that does not make one a Christian when one believes Jesus to be something he's not! It's comparing apples to oranges Richard! I will keep pounding this into your head and ALL LDS that, YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE! Your Jesus was a created being and was not always God! Your Jesus is the brother of Satan! Your Jesus atoned for man by sweating in the Garden! Can you see NOW that you worship a FALSE Jesus? When you and your leaders will admit that your Jesus is not the Biblical one, then we will have an, "Oh, I should have had a V-8 moment".

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO PAINT THE DEFINITION OF CHRISTIAN. Mormonism can claim all day long that they are Christians because after all they believe in Jesus Christ and his name is on everyone of their buildings; but, that does not make one a Christian when one believes Jesus to be something he's not! It's comparing apples to oranges Richard! I will keep pounding this into your head and ALL LDS that, YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE! Your Jesus was a created being and was not always God! Your Jesus is the brother of Satan! Your Jesus atoned for man by sweating in the Garden! Can you see NOW that you worship a FALSE Jesus? When you and your leaders will admit that your Jesus is not the Biblical one, then we will have an, "Oh, I should have had a V-8 moment".
    I'm sorry I must have missed that definition of a Christian. Can I please get the official version of it, instead of your critic rant? No offense, but your opinion carries no credibility, seeing as though you have been consistently wrong on so many things, like my name ever being Richard.

Billyray

I'm sorry I must have missed that definition of a Christian.
    Would you OK with me calling mysel Mormon even though I don't believe in the tenets of Mormonism?

neverending

I'm sorry I must have missed that definition of a Christian. Can I please get the official version of it, instead of your critic rant? No offense, but your opinion carries no credibility, seeing as though you have been consistently wrong on so many things, like my name ever being Richard.

I call you Richard because you speak as he did....sorry if it offends you. I will again repeat myself even though you claim whatever I say has no credibility.

Definitions of Christian (n)
    1. believer in Jesus Christ as savior: somebody whose religion is Christianity
    2. from teachings of Jesus Christ: based on or relating to a belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Messiah, and acceptance of his teachings, contained in the Gospels
    3. relating to Christianity, or belonging to or maintained by a Christian organization, especially a church

This is the definition of what a Christian is or a religion that calls itself Christian. Now, answer me this. If a person claims to believe in and follows Christ BUT the Christ they say they believe in is NOT the TRUE Christ of the Bible, then can they be considered a Christian? I don't think you even read all of my previous post or you plain ignored it before you spouted off back to me.

How many of the Christians here have told you over and over again that Mormonism DOES NOT worship the true and living Jesus Christ of the Bible. JS made up your Jesus claiming him to be a created being, and the brother of Satan. “Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Hallelujah!” (Psalm 106:48).
    Where in ALL the Bible does it defend your beliefs? Please let me know. And from now on before commenting back to someone, it would be nice if you read their whole post.

I call you Richard because you speak as he did....sorry if it offends you. I will again repeat myself even though you claim whatever I say has no credibility.
    Not true... you made it clear before that you called me Richard because you thought i was using a sock puppet. I have no respect for someone who can not admit to their mistakes.

Definitions of Christian
    believer in Jesus Christ as savior:
    There you go... in using that broad brush you just included the LDS Church. When can I expect my discount Christian card?

neverending

Not true... you made it clear before that you called me Richard because you thought i was using a sock puppet. I have no respect for someone who can not admit to their mistakes.

There you go... in using that broad brush you just included the LDS Church. When can I expect my discount Christian card?

theway! There are NO DISCOUNT CARDS, that's something you should take up with Pres. Monson with buying your way into your temple.
    I again must repeat myself, LDS ARE NOT CHRISTIAN! You can tell me til you're blue in the face that you are but, again and I'm not the only one who has told you, YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE RIGHT JESUS NOR EVEN THE RIGHT GOD! Will you admit that your Jesus was a created being? Will you admit that your god wasn't always god but was once a man as you but he progressed to attaining his godhood? IF you answer YES to these two questions then as I said, YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN!

Oh, and I don't give a rats behind if you have respect for me or not! And now you are again sounding like Richard and I again will tell you that I called you that BECAUSE you respond to my comments just like he did. Has that now sunk into your head? I told you too that I am sorry if I offended you but that went right over your head too. I can't help it if you sound like a poster that I've had run ins with on another posting board.

dberrie2000

[B]Definitions of Christian (n)
    1. believer in Jesus Christ as savior: somebody whose religion is Christianity
    2. from teachings of Jesus Christ: based on or relating to a belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Messiah, and acceptance of his teachings, contained in the Gospels
    3. relating to Christianity, or belonging to or maintained by a Christian organization, especially a church

This is the definition of what a Christian is or a religion that calls itself Christian.
    Never--if one has to be able to identify with all three of these parameters--you could not qualify as a Christian, but the LDS could.

Now, answer me this. If a person claims to believe in and follows Christ BUT the Christ they say they believe in is NOT the TRUE Christ of the Bible, then can they be considered a Christian?
    Seeing that the faith alone could match very few of the doctrines taught by Christ and His disciples, and found within the NT Biblical text--where does that leave you?

How many of the Christians here have told you over and over again that Mormonism DOES NOT worship the true and living Jesus Christ of the Bible.
    But that is just an erection and disembowelment of a straw man.

The fact is--any religion that claims that there is not the first act of obedience to Jesus Christ necessary for His grace unto life eternal has nothing in common with the Bible.

What is it about that we don't understand?

neverending

And your rants have no credibility in my opinion so where does that leave our discussion? Thrown out the window I suppose. And you have been consistently WRONG on so many things too. I don't need to explain myself again and again. Either you understand why I called you Richard or not. Subject in now closed! And this whole thread has gotten so off topic it's pathetic!