Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
And, here is the standard critics' response. Don't you dare question my Holy book, in the same way I question yours. That double standard in operation, again.

I know very well what Calvinists teach, Decalogue (did you not read all of my post?) and I reject most of it. I don't believe in a God who picks and chooses whom he will "save". I believe in a God who displays love & mercy towards all of his children.

I know about Ex-Mormons for Jesus. I get their newsletter (or did). I recently took myself off of their mailing list. Some nice people there, but I have moved on.

If you will take the time to notice, I did not make any truth claims about the Book of Mormon, whatsoever. I simply said, lack of evidence doesn't automatically make it untrue. That is a fact.

Please don't presume to lecture me about whom I should serve. I serve God and the truth.
Talk about "back-peddling"...

It was you that brought up the names of Calvin and Luther and Wesley. That is why I posted the info I did above. I did not want anyone reading the website to buy your false notion that those 3 gents were even a little bit like Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

I have been inside churches that are descended from those 3 gents , and I very much like it when either the Pastor mentions a quote from one of them , or a quote is inserted into the Church Bulletin/announcements page.

Why ? Because those men studied and knew the old languages and knew how to exegete a p***age of holy Scripture so that the listener / person in the pew , would see that they are born in sin , and that they need a Saviour from that sin.
They then pointed the people to the ONE Redeemer who can help. John 14:6 !

Don't get upset with me . Look in the mirror and do some soul-searching . If you are taking time to type on your keyboard on this Thread and you are friendly with Mormonism ... well then , you are not friendly with The Lord God !