Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1016

Thread: Biblical and historical reasons why Mitt Romney is not a Christian

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    But, on the basis you give, you should also have a deep-seated mistrust of Newt- or even Rick Santorum who was voted one of the most unethical politicians in Washington (in the top three)--which you haven't shown.
    This topic is not about Newt or Rick, or Paul, or Sarah Palin...

It's about Mitt Romney....
    and it's about the faith that Mitt claims.

Now on his faith I consider Mitt to be a poor lost soul.
    If I were judging Mitt Romney on the teachings of his religion, then he is one big pile of stinking "Fail"

But even if that is what i think of his faith, i still do not hold that against him when i enter into the voting booth.

When i vote for someone, I put aside all the other side issues like the person person faith, their marriage troubles, there sex tapes or their speeding tickets ...

I judge them only on their political track record and how they strike me as being a good spokesman for the issues that I care about.

And lets face it.....on the social issues, Mitt didnt even try.
    At the 4 pro-Life forums, all we saw was an empty chair.

hard to put a good spin on that kids....LOL

And you cant get people to vote "for" someone by just claiming "They other guy is worse"

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    This topic is not about Newt or Rick, or Paul, or Sarah Palin...

It's about Mitt Romney....
    and it's about the faith that Mitt claims.

Now on his faith I consider Mitt to be a poor lost soul.
    If I were judging Mitt Romney on the teachings of his religion, then he is one big pile of stinking "Fail"

But even if that is what i think of his faith, i still do not hold that against him when i enter into the voting booth.

When i vote for someone, I put aside all the other side issues like the person person faith, their marriage troubles, there sex tapes or their speeding tickets ...

I judge them only on their political track record and how they strike me as being a good spokesman for the issues that I care about.

And lets face it.....on the social issues, Mitt didnt even try.
    At the 4 pro-Life forums, all we saw was an empty chair.

hard to put a good spin on that kids....LOL

And you cant get people to vote "for" someone by just claiming "They other guy is worse"
    So you vote strictly on pro-life issues...is that it? Didn't Rick vote for Planned Parenthood?

"GOP presidential hopeful Rick Santorum is under fire in South Carolina for touting his alleged pro-life beliefs but voting to subsidize abortion and Planned Parenthood, the largest provider of abortions in America, while serving in the U.S. Senate. He has also vigorously backed pro-abortion candidates against pro-lifers. Critics are outraged."

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/pol...ned-parenthood

Do you realize that Rick Santorum has also flip-flopped on the abortion issue:

"“Rep. Doug Walgren, D-Mt. Lebanon, yesterday accused his Republican opponent, Rick Santorum, of switching positions to become an anti-abortion candidate in hopes of gaining political advantage...

“[Santorum] said he did a lot of research and soul searching and determined that he was most comfortable with a firm position against abortion...

“ "I can't give you an exact date when I arrived at a position. So it was a gradual evolution, I guess."

“He flatly denied he was motivated by politics.”

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Nov 3, 1990
    Last edited by BigJulie; 03-28-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

some people miss this last part of my post I guess.....

some people miss this last part of my post I guess.....
    Nope, my point isn't at all the Rick S. is worse, but merely that you seem to forgive one candidate over the other and rail on one candidate but not the other. Why?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

Again......
    My huge distrust for Mitt Romney is based on what I see as his being a political pros***ute in his political stands.

I dont trust him
    Conservatives dont trust him...

....not only for the things he did years ago..

I dont trust him for the things he has done to stab the pro-Life cause in the back DURING THIS ELECTION!>

So what Im saying is that Mitt is right now, currently doing the complete wrong thing from my political point of view.

Mitt Wrongney has went out of his way during this election to insult the pro-life cause
    Now when I add this insult of his to the fact that he has a well known history of flip-flops of the Abortion issue, then that seals the deal as far as Im concerned...

This means that while I would never hold Mitt's religion against him, I would yet for purely political reasons rather vote for a bag of dirt for President than vote for Romney.....

Pa Pa

Again......
    My huge distrust for Mitt Romney is based on what I see as his being a political pros***ute in his political stands.
    Well he in politics and running for office, of Pope or Prophet.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    Well he in politics and running for office, of Pope or Prophet.
    I dont understand this comment....

is this a question?

Mitt Romney is running for President.
    The office of President is a political matter, and I will judge who I will vote for on only political matters.

Pa Pa

I dont understand this comment....

is this a question?

Mitt Romney is running for President.
    The office of President is a political matter, and I will judge who I will vote for on only political matters.
    I was agreeing with but let out a word which did make it confusing.

I was agreeing with but let out a word which did make it confusing.

Theo was speaking of tolerance of false beliefs. In fact, didn't Theo say he'd vote for the best man regardless of his relgious beliefs? I believe he did. Seems you are maligning a Christian here.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

alanmolstad

?

Alan, I think PaPa was agreeing with you and Apologette was confused and so took another stab. *sigh*

Libby

Looks like Romney is going to get the GOP nomination.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

Theo was speaking of tolerance of false beliefs. In fact, didn't Theo say he'd vote for the best man regardless of his relgious beliefs? I believe he did. Seems you are maligning a Christian here.
    Alanmolstad is Theo? Again with the many names and accounts.

jdjhere

So, any more comments on the political front? Who do people think is going to win in a few weeks?? Its going to be interesting for sure.

Libby

I don't think Romney will win. The electoral votes are overwhelmingly in favor of Obama.

alanmolstad

Even yoda did not try to predict the future ...

akaSeerone

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    All I'm saying, Billy, is that the LDS Church allows others the ***le of "Christian"....they don't try to say that, those with whom they disagree, are not Christian. At least, not the contemporary LDS Church. I'm sure you can dig something up from the past that will have someone saying differently.
    The only reason that Mormonism "allow others the ***le of Christian" is because they think it allows Mormonism to hopelessly appear to be Christian, but we will not allow that here. There is nothing whatsoever Christian about Mormonism. That is a fact that you have to live with and accept, otherwise you are not ever going to be able to have a sound understanding of just what Christianity is.

Jill is correct in saying that Romney is being deceitful by claiming to be Christian. Romney claiming to be Christian makes him a liar and who wants a self confessed liar for president of this country?

The other choice is a joke also, so this is a tough election.

It would help Romney's case if he would just admit that he is Mormon and there is nothing whatsoever Christian about Mormonism.

One of the main issues that proves that Mormonism is not Christian and therefore a false "religion" is found in Luke 16:16 (and other places) where Jesus said that the Law and the Prophets ended with John the Baptist and when we consider the fact that the Law and the Prophets were established so Jesus could come to the earth and go to the Cross to die for our sins and make things right with those who believe and God.....the ones that God calls and adopts into His Glorious Kingdom and being that Jesus accomplished what He came here to do there is no longer a need for the Law or the Prophets and that makes Smith a false prophet.

Now we have Jesus as the mediator between God and mankind and being that Jesus is alive forevermore and the one and only holder of the Melchizedek Priesthood........the only Priesthood that God has in operation since Pentecost......there is no need or place in God's plan of Salvation for mankind for Prophets. The kind of prophet that Smith claimed to be was simply done away with, with the p***ing of the Old Covenant and the establishment of the New Covenant.

It simply is not about us Holy, Righteous, Blessed Christians disagreeing with Mormonism; it is about the fact that God says that there is nothing whatsoever Christian about Mormonism, so Romney just looks foolish by claiming to be Christian when the facts refute him and nothing he can say or do will ever change that fact unless of course he repents, asks God for forgiveness and God calls him and adopts him into His Glorious Kingdom.

But Romney is so steeped into Mormonism and I see him telling lie after lie and flip-flopping on the things he claims he will do as president, I doubt if he will ever come into the Truth and renounce Mormonism. Sad to say, but it appears that his fate is sealed and he will most likely end up in the Lake of Fire along side his god, Joe Smith and company of all the Mormon false prophets and false apostles.

Brother Andrew

alanmolstad

The religion of Mitt Romney is of no concern to us as we look at who to be the next President.

i believe it is even wrong of us to try to use a test of a person's religion as a guide as to what person would be better as president.

I also believe that a lot of liberals are now busy in different ways to attempt to raise this issue among the Christians that support Mitt in an effort to get them to not vote for him.

I can only speak for myself, and what I say is that I will vote for Mitt, and hope and pray he wins.

ActRaiser

The religion of Mitt Romney is of no concern to us as we look at who to be the next President.

i believe it is even wrong of us to try to use a test of a person's religion as a guide as to what person would be better as president.

I also believe that a lot of liberals are now busy in different ways to attempt to raise this issue among the Christians that support Mitt in an effort to get them to not vote for him.

I can only speak for myself, and what I say is that I will vote for Mitt, and hope and pray he wins.
    Yeah I know. This is like choosing whether you want to vote for someone who can at least get the ball rolling towards recovery or someone else who can cause the whole situation to go off like the Tsar-Bomba.

jdjhere

Well, Romney lost. Comments? Concerns?

glm1978

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    Well, Romney lost. Comments? Concerns?
    Not at all surprised that Romney lost. One needs only to wonder if God would allow a member of a church that has so many unscriptual, not to mention even some blasphemous teachings, to be president of the USA.

alanmolstad

Again......

I dont trust him
    Conservatives dont trust him...

....not only for the things he did years ago..

I dont trust him for the things he has done to stab the pro-Life cause in the back DURING THIS ELECTION!>

So what Im saying is that Mitt is right now, currently doing the complete wrong thing from my political point of view.

Mitt Wrongney has went out of his way during this election to insult the pro-life cause
    Now when I add this insult of his to the fact that he has a well known history of flip-flops of the Abortion issue, then that seals the deal as far as Im concerned...

I think when the people in this race or who gave advice to people in this race all sit down and start to write their books on this election, that there is going to come out a story of why Mitt turned his back on the Republican Conservative base, and simply did not make any appeals on conservative issues like Abortion...

Right now the way Mitt ran his campain it's like he wanted to run as a Dem...

Mitt seems to have run on an "dont talk about abortion" platform...
    Mitt tried to keep his run centered on the state of the economy and that hurt him because by election day all the TV news reports were that "Things are getting better" (as I predicted by the way)

This means that by the end of the election Mitt really had no real reason left for anyone to vote for him....

The lesson here is this -

The Republican Party had a strong conservative push at the start of this going into Iowa.
    The problem for the conservatives was that due to the great number of Conservatives in the race going into Iowa the convervative vote was split between 6 or more different names.

That left the more liberal Republicans with only Mitt to vote for.

So the great number of conservatives killed their chance to represent the vasy majority of the party.....and so a guy that the conservatives didnt like kept willing and willing as time after time the conservative vote was split.

and that is how Mitt got the lead spot on the ticket....

and that hints what is the best way to fix this too....and that is to work things in such a way as to have only one top conservative left in the race going into Iowa.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/walterm...not-a-christia

This thread is about THEOLOGY and HISTORY, not politics. Romney's name is mentioned because he continues to insist he is a "Christian" when it can be proven outside of politics that he is NOT. Let's try it again and stay away from the insults, please.
    Calling someone who believes in Christ, no-Christian is the least Christian thing someone who believes in Christ can do.

James Banta

Calling someone who believes in Christ, no-Christian is the least Christian thing someone who believes in Christ can do.
    I have asked this before and was never answered. I am serious..

So if I go to Home Depot and buy a Garden Gnome, name it Jesus and proscribe all the Biblical stories of Jesus to that lawn art, am I a Christian because I teach that it is Jesus? Does it matter what I believe Jesus to be? How about a Ghost that lives in my basement closet? Would I be a Christian saying that He is Jesus and He was created by my garden gnome for doing everything the Garden Gnome wanted done?

Mormonism teaches that Jesus is a creation of the Father do they not? And that the Father is a being of flesh and Bone as tangible as man's? That Jesus became a God through obedience to Laws and ordinances of the gospel? But neither the Garden Gnome, nor the Ghost in the closet are Jesus now are they? Neither is a created god, the son of another created gods that mormonism holds to be the Father, and the Son. A Christian believes in the Jesus of the Bible, who is God.. Mormonism denies that and those that accept such a lie are not Christians.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    I have asked this before and was never answered. I am serious..

So if I go to Home Depot and buy a Garden Gnome, name it Jesus and proscribe all the Biblical stories of Jesus to that lawn art, am I a Christian because I teach that it is Jesus? Does it matter what I believe Jesus to be? How about a Ghost that lives in my basement closet? Would I be a Christian saying that He is Jesus and He was created by my garden gnome for doing everything the Garden Gnome wanted done?

Mormonism teaches that Jesus is a creation of the Father do they not? And that the Father is a being of flesh and Bone as tangible as man's? That Jesus became a God through obedience to Laws and ordinances of the gospel? But neither the Garden Gnome, nor the Ghost in the closet are Jesus now are they? Neither is a created god, the son of another created gods that mormonism holds to be the Father, and the Son. A Christian believes in the Jesus of the Bible, who is God.. Mormonism denies that and those that accept such a lie are not Christians.. IHS jim

Well, let's discuss what Mormons believe Christ is.

First, His nature has always been God. Meaning, the part of him that is eternal has always been and always will be the same. (We each have our own natures that are unique to us and eternal---which is why we sin and why our sins are not Gods fault or his creation or a flaw in us he created.)

Second, He is the Son of God. He came to earth, had a mortal body, died and was resurrected and still has a glorified exalted body.

Third, He died to redeem us from the Fall. His death justified the law. Or in other words, because we all fell like Adam, His life allows us to rise again.

Fourth, He is the judge in Israel and we will stand before Him and be judged "according to our works"--whether they are good or evil. As Christ has paid the price and because he knows us fully, he will judge us fairly and justly.