Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post

So, according to you, Mitt's political positions are fine ....
Did I ever say they were fine?

What we have with Mitt is a guy who has made it very clear that he simply is at odds with conservatives and he has also made it very clear over this past election that he has no intention of drawing close to conservatives.

The feeling we all get from Mitt is that he views conservatives as a "necessary evil" that he has to put up with.

I dont want him to change anything about himself because I dont want him at all.

Mitt and conservatives are not good match.

Lets always keep in mind the "plan" that Mitt and his team are working under.
The plan is the very same "plan" that Bob Dole used, and the one that McCain used.
It's the plan where you get the lead spot on the ticket by splitting the conservative vote and drawing close to the more liberal wing of the Republican party.

Then in the national election the "plan" is to run as a middle-of-the -road guy, attract the independent voters, and then watch as all the conservatives come-over to your side in the fall election all on their own.

This means that under the "plan" you dont do or say anything to connect yourself too much to the conservatives because that will push away the liberals/independents.

The historical problen with this "plan" is?
It dont work.

We have seen in election after election that when the guy on the Republican side does not have the strong support of the conservative base, he will lose the election.

We have seen in the loss of both Dole and McCain that no matter what the liberal base is strongly motivated to support the dems....and that the Independents simply don't respond the way the "plan" calls for them to do so.

This means that as the fall election draws closer and closer and Mitt's team suddenly starts to see in the polling data that the numbers are not showing up that they thought would under the "plan"...that this will cause Mitt's team to dream up things to "do" to appeal to conservatives.

It will not work...

The conservatives dont want Mitt to suddenly change and "do" things to make us happy.

The simple truth is that the conservatives dont want Mitt at all.....