Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: from a political perspective, I dont have a problem voting for a Mormon like Mitt.

Rush has been a huge Newt supporter and talking to my women friends---this has done nothing but hurt Rush's reputation. I stopped listening to him when he supported Cain...I thought, four women state that he has harr***ed them and you really question not one, not two, but FOUR women? So, every once in a while I will turn on the radio while I am doing dishes to listen to Rush support Newt and then, the radio is off again. I just can't stomach it. To me, it is one set of out of control hormones supporting another set of out of control hormones. Men, if they want to understand women, should learn that they are not really keen on men backing men doing this type of thing.

Anyway, so it would be really interesting if Rush is finally reading the writing on the wall and coming to terms that when you support someone who "talks" conservative, but then acts like a narcissist, well---we all don't believe just the talk.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

Thats very silly.......

we are not voting for "husband of the year" and men and women who are serious about the office of the Presidency understand this.

Remember if we were voting on "Who is the most moral?" then Mitt would have to drop out of this election as he is a member of a well-known anti-christian CULT...

When I started this topic I pointed out that when I vote for someone for president I do not take into account personal things like :
    who they worship,
    what secret undies they wear,
    what direction they kneel when they pray,
    who they marry,
    who they cheat on their wife with,
    who they think should win the Super Bowl.......etc, etc, etc.

all that type of personal stuff I think should be off the table...

It's not relevant to the *** they are applying for.

I think it should be like when I hire a guy work at my roofing company

Do I care if he is a Christian?....no

Do I care that he is married or single?....no

Do I care he is a good husband?....no

Do I care that he has kids?....no

Do I care that he has 3 ex-wives?....no

Do I care when he prays he kneels to Mecca?...no

Do I care if he has always been a loyal husband?...no

Do I care if he is a Mormon?...no

so what do I care about?
    I only care that he knows how to fix a roof....

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Thats very silly.......

we are not voting for "husband of the year" and men and women who are serious about the office of the Presidency understand this.
    But his "husband" behavior seems consistent with his other behavior and I say, if you will lie to your wife, who else will you lie to? Newt's isnt' a case of divorce, it is a case of multiple affairs. This speaks to some basic lack of morals.

Remember if we were voting on "Who is the most moral?" then Mitt would have to drop out of this election as he is a member of a well-known anti-christian CULT...
    Yes, I am beginning to understand more fully that "evangelical christians' care more about what you say than what you do. Hence, unchristian to them is defined by belief and not behavior. Someone who follows Christ, to evangelicals, appears to be more of just lip service---give the right lip service and your good.

When I started this topic I pointed out that when I vote for someone for president I do not take into account personal things like :
    who they worship,
    what secret undies they wear,
    what direction they kneel when they pray,
    who they marry,
    who they cheat on their wife with,
    who they think should win the Super Bowl.......etc, etc, etc.
    Interesting that you would put what type of underwear someone wears right up there with cheating on their wife. Hmmm.

so what do I care about?
    I only care that he knows how to fix a roof....
    So, you don't think that this cheating, lying husband might translate to a cheating lying roofer? Do you really think that men separate themselves like that...that they are one way to their wife and another to their business ***ociates? My experience says that people are the same across the board--if he will cheat on his wife, he will cheat you as well.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

[QUOTE=BigJulie;114708]
    So, you don't think that this cheating, lying husband might translate to a cheating lying roofer.
    Go find me a roofer's *** application that includes a the question "Have you ever cheated on your wife?" and you may have a point.

But until then......sorry, your point is moot.

alanmolstad

lets just look at this question from my point of view using your logic.....

If Mitt is so messed up in the head,(Not my original phrasing) that he does not even know the right God to worship....why would I trust him to run the whole country?

I mean really...come on!

If Mitt cant even figure out that Joe Smith was a big fat lie-telling freak, (something I expect my own little children to understand) than why would i expect him to be smart enough to run this country?

[QUOTE=alanmolstad;114715]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post

Go find me a roofer's *** application that includes a the question "Have you ever cheated on your wife?" and you may have a point.

But until then......sorry, your point is moot.
    Show me the person who knows this information about their roofer that doesn't think twice about getting another roofer.

alanmolstad

do you see how there is a wisdom in allowing people to have a private life?

Dont you see the wisdom in pushing personal/private things , like the personal relationship a man has with his wife, off the table and to try to keep an election about political issues .....you know, the stuff the President will actually need to know how to do?

alanmolstad

[QUOTE=BigJulie;114719]

Show me the person who knows this information about their roofer that doesn't think twice about getting another roofer.
    No one ever.....ever...ever asks such questions..

Do you not even understand the trouble with the law a person could have for even bringing up such a topic...

It would be like asking a women if she was still a virgin?....and then basing her hiring and her pay on her answer.

alanmolstad

Does a man have a right to know if his cleaning help is a virgin?

alanmolstad

I once went in to apply for a *** at the Artic Cat factory.
    I was in a room doing my interview with one other person (a lady my age) who also was up for the same ***.

On paper we had about the same work experience, but did I have a right to point out that we should find out of the girl is still a virgin?

Or perhaps had a black grand father.....?

Would that not be a great way to get the *** by showing how perhaps a non-virgin at some point in the past was a trouble maker...or that all black people steal?

alanmolstad

The only answer, the only correct answer...the only Christian answer is to take all that personal stuff off the table,

and let the person apply for the *** based ONLY on their merit at doing the ***.

and never allow our own person feelings about the other person's private life effect our hiring or our voting.

if I decide, or if we as a country decide to only vote for people we agree with on personal/private issues, (faith., marriage etc), then you can forget right now of ever seeing Mitt win anything outside of Utah.....

[QUOTE=alanmolstad;114721]

No one ever.....ever...ever asks such questions..

Do you not even understand the trouble with the law a person could have for even bringing up such a topic...

It would be like asking a women if she was still a virgin?....and then basing her hiring and her pay on her answer.
    I am not saying you asked the question, rather---that you already know the answer.

Does a man have a right to know if his cleaning help is a virgin?
    Cheating on your spouse is not in the same ball-park as whether or not someone is a virgin. Losing your virginity does not require being deceitful in both thought, action, and words to a trusted companion.

If I was creating a business partnership---which a president is---then I would certainly be leerly regarding if I knew he was known to lie.

The thing that is interesting to me in this whole discussion is that you seem to think a person's professed beliefs are more important than their behaviors and actions when it comes to whether or not you would trust them with your well-being.

alanmolstad

Cheating on your spouse is not in the same ball-park as whether or not someone is a virgin.
    thats your point of view...LOL

What Im saying is that you would get your **** in a law suit if you start to use person and private things like marriage, or girl friends, or religion as a way to hand out ***s ....

The best answer is to understand that people have a right to have a private life that is no **** business of the boss.......

thats your point of view...LOL

What Im saying is that you would get your **** in a law suit if you start to use person and private things like marriage, or girl friends, or religion as a way to hand out ***s ....

The best answer is to understand that people have a right to have a private life that is no **** business of the boss.......
    Well---the fact that Newt has had multiple affairs IS KNOWN---whether or not you think it is right.

So, how is it you excuse someone who is KNOWN to have lied to his partner in every way? I mean, personally, we had a neighbor across the street who cheated on his wife and left her. I liked the guy---but would I trust him with our country's well-being and as such, my well-being and my family's well-being? NO WAY!

alanmolstad

So, how is it you excuse someone who is KNOWN to have lied to his partner ....
    ...The same way i would not hold a person's different faith against them.

such things are personal matters between him and his wife,,,,or between him and his Lord.

and none of my business.

If Mitt were applying for the position of bible teacher at my church I would ban him because he does not have a clue who God is..

But he is not applying for the *** of a bible teacher.

...The same way i would not hold a person's different faith against them.

such things are personal matters between him and his wife,,,,or between him and his Lord.

and none of my business.

If Mitt were applying for the position of bible teacher at my church I would ban him because he does not have a clue who God is..

But he is not applying for the *** of a bible teacher.
    Hmmm, this is an interesting difference between you and me. As far as a person's religion or beliefs, when it comes to a matter of politics, it is not important to me. What I care about is what someone DOES. What does it matter what they say they believe if they do something different?

This is being born out right now with our current president. He will get up and state one thing and then do something completely different. Do you remember how much he spoke of transparency and how he was going to be a transparent president? And yet what he has done has been just the opposite; even to the extreme of secretive. Do you remember how he talked of letting everyone have a certain amount of time before he would sign a bill into law? But, he did just the oppposite.

So, to you, you seem to think what a person beliefs is more important than what they do. If they say they believe in Mormonism, than that is more important then how they behave.

I am just the opposite. What a person professes to believe (when I am looking at them for an office) is less important to me than what they do. For to me, is is the doing that really tells what the person believes. I can say that I believe in being transparent, but if I am not--what does it matter what I say?

So, to me, to hold up a persons faith against a persons actions and state that they are the same---well, to me, they are not--what someone does has always been most important to judge their character by.

What you express does make more sense as to why evangelicals would support someone based on what they say (in a debate for instance) rather than what they did while in and out of office. Those of us who are paying more attention to the doing rather than the saying would never dream of putting someone in who has shown to be so problematic by his behavior.

alanmolstad

evangelicals would support someone based on what they say (in a debate for instance) rather than what they did while in and out of office. r.
    Yes....
    It is the only correct path for me to walk in.

To judge others by the standard I would want them to use to judge me by.

Not by digging up dirt...

Not by listening to gossip.

But judge me by how I do in a debate...how I have done the *** in the past...how I raise my voice to support your views .

In other words, judge me for a political office by my politics.

Yes....
    It is the only correct path for me to walk in.

To judge others by the standard I would want them to use to judge me by.

Not by digging up dirt...

Not by listening to gossip.

But judge me by how I do in a debate...how I have done the *** in the past...how I raise my voice to support your views .

In other words, judge me for a political office by my politics.
    This is fascinating to me---because it appears that when it comes to my own religion, you would prefer that I listen to he "gossip" "dirt" etc rather than what I hear at church. Why the double standard?

alanmolstad

This is fascinating to me---because it appears that when it comes to my own religion, you would prefer that I listen to he "gossip" "dirt" etc rather than what I hear at church. Why the double standard?
    If Joe Smith were running for President, I would never raise an issue of his personal marriage, sex life, or religious views.

All that stuff would be off the table if he were running for office as far as Im concerned.

I would judge J Smith only on his politics, he ability to give a voice to my views, and other things directly connected to being president.

So if J Smith were running for president, I would not care about his personal life.....the fact they he slept around would be none of my business

That is different than if J Smith were running for a position in my church .
    Then I would go over his personal life with a microscope!

I would look for the slightest error in his personal conduct, his sex life, or his religious teachings......all that stuff is MOST important!

So when you say i want you to judge j Smith in a different manner than hiring a roofer, or a guy to fix your car tires, or Obama?...you are correct.

I want you to understand that guys like Mitt and Newt and Rick and Obama are not in the running to be "Husband of the year" or "Religious teacher of the year"...

They are running for President.
    the office of President is a political ***.
    therefore we have to judge people on how well they do political ***s.

if we were hiring a roofer, we would have to judge who we will hire on roofing ability...

If we were hiring a guy to fix a car tire, we would have to judge who to hire on how well they do fixing tires....

it does not matter a hoot if the guy you hire to fix your car tire is a great husband, loved by his children, and a well respected Bible teacher, if he dont have a clue how to fix a tire correctly.

So yes Julie,,,any spiritual authority has to live a life above reproach...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-06-2012 at 10:00 PM.

alanmolstad

Rick seems willing to try to out-live Newt.

I do not know where rick gets his money, but he has hung on now for a long time with really no hope of winning anything more.

at first I was thinking that it was just that he had a 'dream" of beating Mitt in Florida, but when we came out of SC with Rick clearly fading, i was a bit stumped as to why Rick would want to even show up in Florida?

But given the way Newt had now fell off the pace, I think Rick has spotted a opportunity for himself to jump in line ahead of Newt.
    This morning i hear that Rick kicked **** over Newt....

Suddenly we may see the race switch to being with only one conservative voice going up against Mitt.

The results from even liberal Minnesota (next to where I live) show us that Mitt simply has little support amoung real conservatives , and that the party seems to now understand that without the support of the Republican conservative base Mitt has no chance of beating Obama in the fall.

Once again, Im hearing that Super Tuesday might not even be the end of this, and that the leadership of the party might have to start looking for another name to come in at an "Open Convention".

alanmolstad

On Rush's radio show I heard played a lot of recordings of Rick speaking on the social issues that loom so importantly in the mind's of conservatives.

Listening to him speak, is there any wonder that the conservatives have clearly abandoned Mitt in favor of Rick?

The p***ion in Rick's voice, the heartfelt tone that he can speak to this topic with,,,,there simply is no one else in this election who can come close to Rick's testimony.

I don't know the future, I don't know who will lead the Republican ticket.
    But I do know that Rick brings a voice to the issues that I care about.

Long ago in this topic I suggested a little prediction that once Newt were to begin to fade in the polling numbers that the conservatives would likely all gather around Rick, and this seems to now be happening as we finally pick the guy we want to lead the ticket.

alanmolstad

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ination-fight/

The talk of an Open Convention is starting to work its way into every conversation about this election....

alanmolstad

http://harndenblog.dailymail.co.uk/2...nvention-.html

The first serious name to rise in connection to the idea that we are headed to an open convention