Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: from a political perspective, I dont have a problem voting for a Mormon like Mitt.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

The way to bring people to you is to take a moral stand!

Thats how you get people motivated to get out to vote for you....[B]You frame the debate as being good against evil....
    But this is hard, when it can be so easily proved that Rick is not necessarily a moral person when it comes to politics--or Newt for that matter. It appears that both have ethics problems.

It is hard to say you stand for good when people can turn to the evil you have done in regards to their position as politicians.

If you want a president who is a moral president and also not a Mormon, it appears your last hope is Ron Paul.

I liked Rick---it is sad to realize this stuff about him. Who knows---Obama pulled the same type of stuff and people over-looked it....but I don't think the media will let people overlook this stuff about Santorum if his wins the nomination. It makes him look too much like a hypocrate.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    But this is hard, when it can be so easily proved that Rick is not necessarily a moral person .........

If you want a president who is a moral president and also not a Mormon,

once again, I dont consider the personal issues as being important.

Im not going into vote for the person who i consider the best "Christian"....
    or the most "Moral"...
    or the best "Husband"...
    or the best "roofer"...
    or the best Plumber"

When I go into vote for a person for President I only consider questions that have to deal with doing that ***.

Does the person give strong voice to the ideas I support?

as for the idea that I only want a non-Mormon?.....
    I think by now you have caught that i dont care squat that Mitt is a Mormon.

Mitt's personal stuff, as well as Newt's and Rick's is not an issue with me in the voting booth at all, and I have nothing for or against a person being a good Christian like myself, or a Lost member of a Cult and running for office.

alanmolstad

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...or-die-romney/

Clearly Newt has been listening to what the Party Leadership was talking about in the link I posted yesterday.....LOL

Just think how far Mitt has fallen in the last month!
    He was all set to be all alone in this race after his Florida victory,,,I was not sure how Newt and Rick could keep going....

Now we come to the point where people are suggesting that Mitt has to win before Super Tuesday or it's all over for him.

That type of hype is not just from the media, but rather its being drummed up by Republican Leaders who now are looking for Mitt to either come on strong and win BIG on Super Tuesday, or to get ready to be told that the Convention is about to be "Opened"...

Conisder a month ago noone was saying that Mitt had to win anything before Super tuesday?
    Now suddenly MI is a do-or-die State for Mitt...
    And it's his own HOME STATE!

The idea that a guy cant win in his own home state where he has strong family ties and where his dad is very well known is unheard of.

This is the reason the Party Leadership is all upset with how things a turning out with Mitt leading the ticket.

Clearly the Party leadership now believes that if Mitt leads the ticket we are then going to be "playing defense", and that Mitt cant help anyone, not even it his own home state get elected.

Newt is dreaming if a loss in MI will cause Mitt to drop out, but Newt is correct and is listening to the Party Leadership who must be telling everyone in this race that Mitt has to have a big victory on Super Tuesday, or the move of the Party Leaders to get rid of Mitt will be on.

Remember, any talk we may hear of a future "Brokered convention / Open Convention" is all just code words for - "Get rid of Mitt"
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-20-2012 at 05:53 AM.

once again, I dont consider the personal issues as being important.

Im not going into vote for the person who i consider the best "Christian"....
    or the most "Moral"...
    or the best "Husband"...
    or the best "roofer"...
    or the best Plumber"

When I go into vote for a person for President I only consider questions that have to deal with doing that ***.

Does the person give strong voice to the ideas I support?

as for the idea that I only want a non-Mormon?.....
    I think by now you have caught that i dont care squat that Mitt is a Mormon.

Mitt's personal stuff, as well as Newt's and Rick's is not an issue with me in the voting booth at all, and I have nothing for or against a person being a good Christian like myself, or a Lost member of a Cult and running for office.
    This does seem very consistent with evangelical values that seem to care about what people profess to believe and do not look at all at their behavior.

To me, though, the old adage is true---actions speak louder than words.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...or-die-romney/

Clearly Newt has been listening to what the Party Leadership was talking about in the link I posted yesterday.....LOL

Just think how far Mitt has fallen in the last month!
    Yes, the month AFTER the pastors all got together an voted to support Rick and vow to try to use their influence via radio, etc. to manipulate their congregations. Yes---very dissappointing that a group of men could be so cult-like or do the very same behavior that they seem to fear/hate with Mormons. *sigh*

To bad it doesn't appear that they did their homework on Rick Santorum who, I don't think will win the presidency, as too many people are sick of the very behavior he (and Newt for that matter) have shown while in congress.

alanmolstad

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ers-from-2008/

This year is different...

I think that is the lesson I have learned this year.
    I started off this topic with the view that because Mitt came in 2nd place in the last election against McCain, that this would mean he would be in the correct spot to simply have the nomination handed to him this time around.

Up to this year, this has always been the way it went.
    You always get the lead spot on the Ticket when you come in 2nd the time before..

It's like that party feels it owes you the lead spot this time.

well...not this year!....

This year it clearly is setting a new trend, in that Mitt has managed to do worse this election in the very States he did better in in 08.

This has never really happened before.
    We are in uncharted territory here as for as predicting the future goes.

We Republicans always used to look for the SC primary to show us who would lead the ticket.
    Up until this election, the person who won the SC primary always would lead the ticket.....it was a given...

But this year Newt won big in SC.....
    Newt actually spanked Mitt in SC, and then turned around and faded fast after that primary was over.

This leads me to believe that none of the normal means to guess who will lead the ticket are going to work this year...

Mitt is in big trouble now according to all reports.

He is dropping in the polls, and at each primary the people that voted for him last time in 2008, just dont seem to feel the need to vote for him this time...

Most of the time when a person votes for a guy once, you dont have to convince him to vote for him again later.

But Mitt clearly has lost many even of his core supporters from 08....

Im sure that when this election is over and everyone runs out to wrote their books , that we are going to be learning things that will shock us at times, about this election.

My guess is, that if Mitt were to come in 2nd in Michigan that this would become a case study in schools for the next decade on how and why Mitt lost in his own home state?

alanmolstad

[
    But Mitt clearly has lost many even of his core supporters from 08....
    if this report is correct -
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...epid-audience/

Im thinking that Mitt has seen the handwriting on the wall....and today seemed to be just going though the motions..

Newt was saying today that unless Mitt wins MI he should get out of the race...Mitt seemed today to act like he knew it was over...

Who knows?...perhaps Newt might know that Mitt has just simply run out of things to try, nothing worked, Mitt knows its pointless and is just going to phone it in until after the next Primary?

I guess you like to repeat yourself. Interesting that Newt, who has made comebacks and is so far behind in the race seems to think he knows when others should call it quits.

alanmolstad

I guess you like to repeat yourself. Interesting that Newt, who has made comebacks and is so far behind in the race seems to think he knows when others should call it quits.
    Newt is dreaming to think Mitt will drop out if he suffers a loss in MI..

But there is no way around the fact that Newt does correctly understand that if the party leadership sees Mitt lose in his home State, that this will unite everyone in calling for a Open Convention.

A loss in your own home State is a big deal to the Party Leadership, as well as to the money guys who will be cutting the checks.

No one wants to have to spend a dime on TV ads in the home state your candidate is from!!!!!

A loss would mean that if Mitt were to later win the nomination that the whole Party would have to switch to "defense"...and just try hard to hang onto the States we got in the last election under McCain.

That is not the place we wanted this party to end up in, more so when you consider a few months ago when people were talking about the Republicans getting control of a lot bigger piece of the pie.

So Newt is not all that off base here...
    Newt is exaggerating a bit....but he is actually saying some things out loud that clearly a lot of media people are hearing from party Leaders too...

The word on the street is that Mitt has to win his home State.

alanmolstad

I think what is going to happen in the next few days is that Mitt will tell his staff to break open the piggy bank, and start spending the money that they were planning to spend in the fall against Obama.

I believe that Mitt is going to come to the conclusion that there will be no point in having a lot of money in the bank if he has to drop out.....and he knows that not winning big on Super Tuesday will drive the Leadership to hold an "Open Convention"

and Mitt knows that "Open Convention " would mean the end of any chance he had at all to lead the ticket so he might as well drop out if after all this time the party decides to hold an Open Convention.

and he knows that the voters on Super Tuesday will be watching the results of his home state primary before they go vote....

so that means that I think Mitt is going to toss a huge amount of cash for TV spots in the next few days......and that means i expect a lot more dirt tossed at Rick and Newt to happen real soon.....

and all this gets us to this one final point....Mitt has to win in Michigan or it might be all over...

alanmolstad

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...10_630099.html

signs that Mitt has told his staff to open up the bank account and spend....Im hearing that number of Mitt's TV ads have shot up in the last 48 hrs...

I think this supports the idea being p***ed around in Party leadership comments and blogs that Mitt has to win his own home State....

He has to win it....
    and he knows it....

alanmolstad

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/...rty-nomination

"A new marketing campaign or a clever slogan cannot save a dog food that the dogs don’t like.
    So too is it with the Romney campaign."

alanmolstad

Because everyone is getting ready for the next debate there is no much news out to report or talk about.....

I do believe that mitt really has to hit a home run in everything he does right now until Super Tuesday if he expects to still be relevant at the convention.

As for this next debate, mitt has to not only do better than Newt and Rick, he also has to try to show there is some point to conservatives supporting him.

Newt in this next debate has to come out swinging.
    Newt did his best when he picked on the liberal media for diging up personal stuff.

Right now the only personal stuff being talked about is all about Rick, so that has to be where Newt steps in.

I think Newt should attack the media and do so looking like he is defending Rick.
    I think Newt really needs to try to portray himself as the "older brother' sticking up for the younger Rick.

Now as for Rick?
    They are really going to come after him on the social issues in the next debate.
    Rick has to try to stay above this, and just keep pointing out the true conservative point of view...

Rick should not allow himself to get sucked into church/state issues....but should just quote the Cons***ution and let that be his answer.

The goals?
    Mitt needs to look like a president, and Mitt also needs Rick to self-distruct.

Rick needs to position himself as a true voice of conservatives.
    Rick needs Mitt to appear to be losing.

Newt needs to come off looking like the true fighter, ready to take on the liberals.

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/...rty-nomination

"A new marketing campaign or a clever slogan cannot save a dog food that the dogs don’t like.
    So too is it with the Romney campaign."
    So, read today that Obama's super pacs are putting up ads against Romney.

It is well known that Newt is out of after Romney.

And it is reported that Santorum is uping his attacks against Romney.

What do Dems and the Republicans have in common? They don't want Romney.

What are the stats for government satisfaction with Washington? 8% or so satisfaction rate??

What do Obama, Newt, and Santorum have in common as well? They have all made their money in politics. Enough said.

alanmolstad

So, read today that Obama's super pacs are putting up ads against Romney.
    YES,as i have been saying.
    Michigan is in play!

Not only do the Republicans now understand that Mitt can not carry his own home state (as i have been saying) , the Dems have also been paying attention to Mitt's sinking polling numbers over the last 2 weeks.

The dems now see that they are going to be on full OFFENSE in this election, and that Mitt will not have any coat tails for other republicans up for election this year.

Trust me, the Dems would not be spending good money in MI this far out from the fall election unless they have a very good reason to believe that Michigan is going to be for grabs.....

remember just 2 months ago Mitt had a lock on carrying Michigan in both the primary and in the general Election.....But now people are thinking that MI is up for grabs....

alanmolstad

What do Dems and the Republicans have in common? They don't want Romney.

The dems clearly dont want Mitt to beat Obama....But they would LOVE the chance to go up against him....more so if they can help weaken him and make him look like he cant even carry his home State.....

The Republican leadership Loves Mitt.
    Mitt was always theur guy....and they are stumped at how poorly Mitt has turned out to do in the primarys.

The Republican Conservative base hates Mitt.
    Mitt was never even close to the type of person the conservatives wanted to lead the ticket..

The feelings of distrust that the conservatives have concerning Mitt have caused the conservatives in States like SC to make a very clear statement in the Primary that they would prefer a lump of coal to lead the ticket rather than have Mitt lead.

[QUOTE]
    YES,as i have been saying.
    Michigan is in play!

Not only do the Republicans now understand that Mitt can not carry his own home state (as i have been saying) , the Dems have also been paying attention to Mitt's sinking polling numbers over the last 2 weeks.

The dems now see that they are going to be on full OFFENSE in this election, and that Mitt will not have any coat tails for other republicans up for election this year.

Trust me, the Dems would not be spending good money in MI this far out from the fall election unless they have a very good reason to believe that Michigan is going to be for grabs.....
    Yup---and it is clear, the Dems don't want Mitt Romney who, I think, will be the only one who can give Obama a run for his money. I have liked Rick Santorum---but, he is a fiscal liberal which is the complaint that many have with Obama. So, if Obama does not have to run against that, then he will be a stronger candidate.

[QUOTE]
    The dems clearly dont want Mitt to beat Obama....But they would LOVE the chance to go up against him....more so if they can help weaken him and make him look like he cant even carry his home State.....
    Your reasoning here is illogical---if they would love to go up against him, then they would sit back and let him win. I think the writing is on the wall---the don't want to go up against him. The only thing that I have seen come out against Mitt is that he "flip-flops"---okay, so he has changed his mind in the past (who hasn't.)

But Rick, they have the whole religious fanatic issue and fiscal liberalism issue (both will help Obama to win) and with Newt they have the corruption issue and the unable to control his mouth issue.

To me, the dems have to be loving the "evangelical right' for shooting themselves in the foot right now.
    Last edited by BigJulie; 02-21-2012 at 05:22 PM.

alanmolstad

[QUOTE=BigJulie;116277]
    Your reasoning here is illogical---if they would love to go up against him, then they would sit back and let him win. .
    The Dems dont control if Mitt will win or lose...

But they do know how to weaken Mitt and when to do that ...

Right now Mitt is low in the polls, and might not even carry his home state.
    The idea that the Liberal have is to weaken Mitt as much as they can right now, so that he cant count on winning his home state.

The Dems also know that if Mitt is weakened enough that this will cause the Republicans to have to spend money on Red States they had planed to count on but now are up for grabs.

In other words....The dems expect that Mitt is going to lead the ticket, and they plan to make Mitt to be on defence....forcing Mitt to spend money even on his home State just to keep the red states red......

This would mean that the Dems can play Offense!
    The dems can save their money and not have to worry about a loss of a Blue State, and then can take the battle to Mitt in the red states only.......

This could allow Obama's coat tails to take control of the full Congress.

and THAT, is the reason the Dems are spending money now in Michigan

They smell blood in the water.....

The Dems dont control if Mitt will win or lose...

But they do know how to weaken Mitt and when to do that ...

Right now Mitt is low in the polls, and might not even carry his home state.
    The idea that the Liberal have is to weaken Mitt as much as they can right now, so that he cant count on winning his home state.

The Dems also know that if Mitt is weakened enough that this will cause the Republicans to have to spend money on Red States they had planed to count on but now are up for grabs.

In other words....The dems expect that Mitt is going to lead the ticket, and they plan to make Mitt to be on defence....forcing Mitt to spend money even on his home State just to keep the red states red......

This would mean that the Dems can play Offense!
    The dems can save their money and not have to worry about a loss of a Blue State, and then can take the battle to Mitt in the red states only.......

This could allow Obama's coat tails to take control of the full Congress.

and THAT, is the reason the Dems are spending money now in Michigan

They smell blood in the water.....
    So, in either case you logic is unreasonable---either Mitt is the strongest candidate and the Dems need to weaken him for when he wins the GOP or he is not the strongest candidate and then they are wasting their money. You said they would love to face Mitt---well, if that is the case--then why waste their money and let someone else win---let them spend their money taking down Mitt and then the dems can spend their money taking down who ever took down Mitt. If they want to face Mitt---then why get in the game?

Yes, you are right, they smell blood in the water---but I have listened to enough talk shows where the dems are just short up jumping up and down for joy---they never would have dreamed the GOP cons***uents would rise up against their strongest possibility all based on something he said years and years ago and ignore his record while defending candidates that are big government spenders, lobbyists, religious fanatics, and ethic violators.

alanmolstad

Mitt is the strongest candidate .
    Mitt has always been the stronger candidate.
    The Dems have always planned on running against Mitt from the beginning.

Yes, the Dems have had ads attacking both Newt and Rick too, so this is nothing new for them.

The idea that the Dems have is to make sure that Mitt is as weak as they can help make him.

Now this has come up with the Michigan primary only because Mitt is doing so poorly in the latest polling.
    Mitt shows every sign of not being able to carry even his home state....this is like a gift that has fallen from heaven for the Dems.

The dems know that there is such discontent among the conservatives when it comes to Mitt, that now is the time to toss into the mix a few TV spots attacking Mitt.

It will help weaken Mitt coming out of this and heading into Super Tuesday.....the weaker Mitt becomes the more likely the Republican Leadership will change to a "Open Convention"

and the idea of the Republicans needing to switch to an Open Convention is the greatest news for Obama he could hope for...

For even the talk in the media now of an Open Convention is the same as admitting that the Republicans dont have anyone to go up against Obama that they will all support.

its the same as handing Obama a victory.....

alanmolstad

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...pen_convention

Rush is now reporting on what I also have been reading about for a while on some of the Republican Blogs i follow....

it's like I have been saying, there is now more and more open discussion of an "Open Convention" from the Leadership.

and lets be clear here.....the term "Open Convention" is a code word for "Get rid of Mitt"

The fact that the Leadership is now clearly dropping the hint to Mitt like this is a sign that the Leadership wants Mitt to believe that he has "nothing to lose" at this point, and so has to put all the chips he has to play into the game right now...or it's all over.

Mitt has to win in his home state primary...AND Mitt has to win big on Super Tuesday or the Party Leadership will come up with "Plan -B"

That means that I expect a different Mitt to hit the stage tonight in the debate.
    Mitt has to be at his best, and then some tonight in the debate.

Mitt has to handle with ease every question, Mitt has to take the attack to Rick, and Mitt has to win every point he makes.

Mitt also needs Rick to stumble baddy over a question....

And as for Newt?...Mitt needs Newt to appear crazy or sleepy....it depends on how hyped up Newt is tonight....

it should be the best debate to watch and go over tomorrow ever....

alanmolstad

Good news for Mitt appears.....

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...-super-tuesday

it seems to be a result of tracking Facebook and twitter, but still it does show some welcome news for supporters of Mitt...

alanmolstad

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-might-get-in/

The leadership of the Republican Party is no longer just whispering.....they are telling us flat out.

make no misunderstanding about it, this is all aimed at Mitt.
    Mitt is being told clearly now that he has to win in his home State and on Super Tuesday, or it's game over....

[QUOTE]
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...pen_convention

Rush is now reporting on what I also have been reading about for a while on some of the Republican Blogs i follow....
    Can I just tell you that I can't stomach listening to Rush anymore. I think it began when he was making excuses for Herman Cain.

So, a little background check---Rush went to college in Missouri but then flunked out. Well, the more and more I listen, the more I realize that he is good at spouting off at the mouth but his lack of education is becoming glaring. He seems more male chauvinistic then just about anything else. I keep trying to turn on the radio and listen to him while driving, but after a few minutes I just want to puck--so off the radio goes again.