Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: from a political perspective, I dont have a problem voting for a Mormon like Mitt.

alanmolstad

such anger....

It's not healthy kid....

And it's not only you,,,,,I have noticed that from a lot of Mitt supporters during this election.

Its not really a good idea to make people in your own Party out to be the devil you know....because down the road you always find that guys on your team are always better than guys on the other.

But what I have noticed lately is that on call-in shows the supporters of Mitt are so angry, so mad at the other people in the race,,,so willing to paint them as the devil, that it will be impossible for them to find a way to vote for them later even against Obama.

The other day I listened to a Mitt supporter attack Rush and he was just yelling and spitting mad that Rush was not also a supporter of Mitt.

Rush was trying to point out that as a Republican he would support and vote for anyone in the race against Obama, but the Mitt supporter would have none of that!

There was such hate of Rick in the other guy's voice that it was clear he would never vote for Rick ever......

I have noticed that myself on this topic...

Remember I have never once said i have officially indorsed anyone for president.

I have said from the beginning I would gladly vote for anyone in the race against Obama...

yet you would not believe the personal attacks and how angry some people get because Im not in Mitt's camp.

Mitt people just come off as too angry to sit down at the table of reason....

One of the things I hear is, that a lot of Mitt's supporters are all mad that the Party has turned it's back on the most electable candidate.

But I got to ask....."Who says Mitt is any more electable than someone else?"

We dont know that at the start of the Primary season...
    We have to find out during the primarys who is the most electable.
    Thats what the Primarys tell us!

I think that right now it's Rick that has the best claim to being the most electable because he so far has carried the most States.

The truth is that mitt has turned out to be a very weak candidate, getting far less votes this time in the very same State he ran in last time and got more votes!

The facts say that Mitt was NEVER all that electable in the first place!
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-23-2012 at 02:53 AM.

alanmolstad

[QUOTE=BigJulie;116397]

Can I just tell you that I can't stomach listening to Rush anymore. I think it began when he was making excuses for Herman Cain.
    Rush correctly pointed out something that the media totally missed about Cain.

Remember how for a while there the media reports were adding yet another number to the women who were just about to step up and change Cain with doing something wrong?

Every day i would check the morning news and they would say the list of women stepping forward has risen to 2....to 4....to 6....to 8....i think it went all the way up to 12 near the end.

Rush points out..."Where are these 12?"

Who was doing the counting?

How were the women 'checking in' to be counted?

Ever notice that this whole topic dropped right off the radar?

The reason is that if you try to do research on how the numbers went up and up you cant find out how this was done.

The media was reporting comments made on Facebook and twitter?

The media needed a story, so "Add another number to list"...and you had today's story for the top of the news....

Now Im not saying there were 12 or not.
    Im not saying that at all...

But what I am saying is that no one knows why we use the number '12"?

No one knows how that number kept going up and up?

It's like 6 months later, and the story seems to have totally disappeared.
    When some people have tried to go back and ask the news reporters where they kept getting higher and higher numbers, they would just point to the reports of other news reporters as their source.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-23-2012 at 03:10 AM.

alanmolstad

because I was at kendo during thie debate I have not had a chance yet to see any of it on the news.

I have checked a bunch of the political blogs and conservative websites and read the early reviews of the debate, and so far i see the following being talked about.

Mitt
    - did good....came out strong, and really took the fight to Rick.

Rick
    - did not stumble, and by some accounts did the best in the debate.

Ron
    - had some good moment, did no real harm to anyone or himself...

Newt
    got off the best line of the night...may have helped himself a lot because of it too.

It will be interesting to see how the TV news starts to sum up the debate...
    Right now my gut feeling is that the debate might help Mitt the most even-up the polling numbers before the primary.

I will have to see if anyone in the race has to take most of today to fix any errors committed during the debate?....

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    That means that I expect a different Mitt to hit the stage tonight in the debate.
    Mitt has to be at his best, and then some tonight in the debate.

Mitt has to handle with ease every question, Mitt has to take the attack to Rick, and Mitt has to win every point he makes.

Mitt also needs Rick to stumble baddy over a question....
    More reviews of this last debate are being posted on the political Blogs I follow, and it seems that all of the things I was talking about above were seen in how Mitt did in the debate.

[QUOTE=alanmolstad;116408]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post

Rush correctly pointed out something that the media totally missed about Cain.

Remember how for a while there the media reports were adding yet another number to the women who were just about to step up and change Cain with doing something wrong?

Every day i would check the morning news and they would say the list of women stepping forward has risen to 2....to 4....to 6....to 8....i think it went all the way up to 12 near the end.

Rush points out..."Where are these 12?"

Who was doing the counting?

How were the women 'checking in' to be counted?

Ever notice that this whole topic dropped right off the radar?

The reason is that if you try to do research on how the numbers went up and up you cant find out how this was done.

The media was reporting comments made on Facebook and twitter?

The media needed a story, so "Add another number to list"...and you had today's story for the top of the news....

Now Im not saying there were 12 or not.
    Im not saying that at all...

But what I am saying is that no one knows why we use the number '12"?

No one knows how that number kept going up and up?

It's like 6 months later, and the story seems to have totally disappeared.
    When some people have tried to go back and ask the news reporters where they kept getting higher and higher numbers, they would just point to the reports of other news reporters as their source.
    I only heard the number of 4. But, 4 is 4 too many. Rush got it wrong defending Cain---it made him look chauvinistic (which he is).
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

because I was at kendo during thie debate I have not had a chance yet to see any of it on the news.

I have checked a bunch of the political blogs and conservative websites and read the early reviews of the debate, and so far i see the following being talked about.

Mitt
    - did good....came out strong, and really took the fight to Rick.

Rick
    - did not stumble, and by some accounts did the best in the debate.

Ron
    - had some good moment, did no real harm to anyone or himself...

Newt
    got off the best line of the night...may have helped himself a lot because of it too.

It will be interesting to see how the TV news starts to sum up the debate...
    Right now my gut feeling is that the debate might help Mitt the most even-up the polling numbers before the primary.

I will have to see if anyone in the race has to take most of today to fix any errors committed during the debate?....
    I didn't watch the debate, but I think Mitt did well by one account---my son said he was listening to Rush today and Rush was touting Newt---if that is the case, Rick has shot himself in the foot with all of his Satan, birth control stuff. I personally agree with Rick on most religious issues, but when you are talking about politics, you need to speak in ways that ALL can understand, not just the religious. I guess we will watch and see if Rick can resurrect himself
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

I didn't watch the debate, but I think Mitt did well by one account---my son said he was listening to Rush today and Rush was touting Newt---if that is the case, Rick has shot himself in the foot with all of his Satan, birth control stuff.
    Rick had 2 bad parts.

The first is that rick did not have more or less any of his supporters in the audience, and it showed.

Mitt had packed the place, as did Paul and Newt.

The 2nd place where Rick got into trouble is over his voting record.

The truth is, the social issues did not seem to have played the role that I had expected.

And I have had a chance now to go over a few clips and it does seem clear that Newt actually had a good time during this debate.

I think what Rush was talking about is that when Newt was higher in the polls he was too tense during the debate.
    This time Newt knows he is out of the running and he really enjoyed himself and of the 4 guys, he was the most interesting to watch.

alanmolstad

Rick and Mitt seemed to **** the whole debate fighting ..
    They both were busy pointing out the flaws in each other.

There was never a real good statement about why the conservatives should support one guy over others.

it was more a debate to see who could make the other guy look the worst.

No one really looked that good by the end, except for Newt who did get off some good lines that are quoted today in the news.

[QUOTE]
    Rick had 2 bad parts.

The first is that rick did not have more or less any of his supporters in the audience, and it showed.

Mitt had packed the place, as did Paul and Newt.
    If you really believe this, then I am left to believe that Rick has no control over what happens while he is on the campaign trail. What will his excuse be for when he shows such lack of forsight if he should win the GOP.

The 2nd place where Rick got into trouble is over his voting record.

The truth is, the social issues did not seem to have played the role that I had expected.
    Because the economy is still having problems as much as Obama wants to pretend otherwise.

And I have had a chance now to go over a few clips and it does seem clear that Newt actually had a good time during this debate.

I think what Rush was talking about is that when Newt was higher in the polls he was too tense during the debate.
    This time Newt knows he is out of the running and he really enjoyed himself and of the 4 guys, he was the most interesting to watch.
    Wait, isn't Newt the one who pronounced himself the GOP winner a couple of months back? The way that Rush backs Santorum, I think those 150 pastors have him in their back pocket.

alanmolstad

[QUOTE=BigJulie;116446]
    If you really believe this, then I am left to believe that Rick has no control over what happens while he is on the campaign trail.
    we shall have to see when they all write their books why Mitt was able to pack the seats as much as he did.

I think what we will find is that Mitt knows this is his last stand and so bussed in anyone who would care to go.

As i said on another post, I think the Party Leadership has let Mitt know very clearly that he has to carry his home State, and he has to end this on Super Tuesday, or its going to be hard not to open the convention and clear the current list of names off the stage.

Knowing this, Mitt has decided that there is no point is saving a lot of cash for later.

From what I understand, Mitt is out spending everyone combined in his home State......This is as I suggested .

I think from Rick's point of view, the debate was just one event on a road leading up to the convention.
    At this point I believe Rick has to be thinking long-term, and saving his cash to carry the fight all the way to the convention floor.

alanmolstad

Because the economy is still having problems as much as Obama wants to pretend otherwise.
    As I said, and as I have learned Rush now has also come around to.....By the time we go to the voting booth in the fall i believe the media will be presenting this economy as being the "Obama Recovery"

I believe there will be the results of polls in the news leading up to election day that will show that most Americans are happy with the way the President has fixed things, and that the issue is off the table.

I believe that a war-time President will always have a built in advantage in an election, and that this fact is not lost on Obama.

alanmolstad

[QUOTE=BigJulie;116446]

Wait, isn't Newt the one who pronounced himself the GOP winner a couple of months back? .......

If you remember, 2 weeks before Iowa Newt seemed to take charge of the election and was sitting good.

Then this election changed , and the results of that change are still with us.

It was the willingness of Mitt's camp to go after newt in Iowa that so ticked-off Newt that changed.

before this year, the rule was the 11th Commandment.

The 11th Commandmentt so ruled the way people acted that while there were attacks ads, they were always seen as almost "offensive" in the eyes of the party.

This year attack ads are the rule....the party is still in a bit of shock at the way supports of one Republican are treating others in the same Party.

This came up the other day when on his show Rush received a call from a Mitt supporter that showed just how truly evil some Mitt supporters think that non-Mitt supporters are.

----------------------

Anyway, back to Iowa and Newt>

Because of the attack ads in Iowa we saw Newt fall right off the radar and that is when Newt decided that he would stay in this race to cause Mitt the most harm he could.

Now the way it has worked out, Newt by staying in actually caused more harm to Rick than to Mitt, but thats ok to Newt because Newt never considered Rick to be worth the worry.

Newt had a great night in this last debate because Newt could be Newt.

Newt knows he was never going to gain much in the debate, so he didnt have much to lose too.
    Thus a more relaxed Newt was able to handle every question better and spoke from his heart.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-24-2012 at 06:06 AM.

alanmolstad

.....I think those 150 pastors have ......
    You list the Texas evangelical endorsement a lot...it seems to be on your mind a lot...

Let us remember the context of what you are remembering.
    The endorsement you speak of simply reflected the push of the pro-Life cause.

It came after the 4 major pro-life election forums that all the candidates attended..

Ummm...all except for One Guy, that is...

Yes, at each of the 4 major Pro-life election forums where all the candidates were invited to come and answer questions , we saw one candidate represented each time by an "Empty Chair"

Mitt never showed up.

Mitt has made his feeling very clear about the Pro-Life cause because of this .

Well under the rules of the way they were indorsing people , you had to also show up and be willing to talk to people about issues in-order to be considered.

Mitt never made it to Texas to be on the list to be considered.

This failure of Mitt to sit down and talk to the pro-Live cause at the beginning of this Primary season is very much reflected in how the conservatives in the Party have rejected Mitt now later.

If you want to know why this election has turned out to be a nightmare for Mitt?....it is simply the result of the way Mitt has acted in connection to the issue of ABORTION.

Thats why the election is in the mess it is.

If you look at the way Mitt has run his election, it is very clear that Mitt does not want to be ***ociated with the pro-Life cause, nor the Pro-Live movement.
    Now the Pro-Life cause cuts across religions and Christian denominations...but it is very much connected to the Christian church.

When Mitt makes it very clear to the pro-Life cause that "He is not interested"...he is also addressing this lack of interest to a lot of Christians from all parts of the body of Christ.

This is yet another wall that Mitt has constructed between himself and the very conservative base that he needs to beat Obama later.
    Mitt has in effect, pushed away the very people he would need to be elected president.

Let me explain one thing that I think a lot of "middle of the road" (economic) Republicans misunderstand.

A lot of them guys are under the idea that Mitt can beat Obama by appealing to the undecided voter.
    This is the reason the Mitt / McCain / Bob Dole have all run elections that they aimed at appealing to the none-church going, middle of the road, independent voter.

Mitt thinks that if he attracts the independent voter, and gets the support of the conservative voter, that this will give him enough to beat Obama.

Mitt is wrong.

But then again, this same thinking was behind Bob Dole and Mccain too.
    they all appeal to the independents by pushing away the conservatives, with the hope the conservatives will come back because "Who else can they vote for?"

Mitt just does not understand that Republicans win the White House by firing up the Conservative base of the party.....NOT by appealing to independents!
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-24-2012 at 07:04 AM.

I don't agree with you....I think the main predictor of whether an incumbant will win lies in the economy. It didn't matter what Republican won last time, the economy was in the tubes and therefore, Obama was going to win, no question.

You seem to think that Obama can make this economy look like it is recovering from the stock market. There is a hole in his logic---inflation. Right now, the only reason that inflation looks okay is because the housing market is in the tubes. Why? Because of the Frank Dodd bill. The housing market will stay depressed until that bill gets changed. The other side of the coin is inflation which is occurring in the commodities market. Next you have gas prices---its a bad mix and people can feel it in their checkbooks. As always, the economy will be a huge predictor in who wins---which is why Obama is dumping in a much money as he can---going toward the middle on somem tax measures, why the s.s. tax (payroll tax) has been extended, and why Obama decided not to bring troops home this year, but will bring them home next year (personally it makes me sick that young mens lives are at stake so it makes the economy look better) and why the Obamacare taxes are not set to kick in until 2013. The biggest thing a candidate has to do is point to these things.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#...r-gop-race.cnn

What do you think about this video. It looks like Santorum may have not been so honest in the debate.

alanmolstad

You seem to think that Obama can make this economy look like it is recovering from the stock market. There is a hole in his logic---inflation. Right now, ......

a typical post from people who don't read what i say...

have I ever said squat about the stock market?

Nope.

But then I guess because you got something to say about that topic you wanted to work it into the conversation somehow and so you made up a false idea that I give a rip about the stock market...

And then attack that straw man.....

Well good ***.....

I'll tell you what, if I ever say one word in the future that leads you to believe I give a rip about the stock market, , "then" feel free to all your little stuff about that ok?

alanmolstad

What do you think about this video. .....
    I think the idea that Senators don't cut deals with each other is silly.

We all know they cut deals.

We all know that the basic way anything gets p***ed in Washington is that you have to agree to support things you would not want to support in-order to get things p***ed you do support.

If you want to know when Ricks deal was paid off.....

here it is -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrG4eMOryuA

this argument came after the Robert's hearing where the same two guys got into the same basic argument, and their working relationship was never the same.
    This is a deal being paid off.
    This is what it looks like.

Finally we find a guy like Rick who has told us what goes on that we always knew was happening but no one ever had the guts to admit until now....

[QUOTE]
    I think the idea that Senators don't cut deals with each other is silly.

We all know they cut deals.

We all know that the basic way anything gets p***ed in Washington is that you have to agree to support things you would not want to support in-order to get things p***ed you do support.
    But Spector makes a good logical point that why would he promise to give a blanket okay when he has no idea who is going to be appointed. And this looks bad for Santorum.

If you want to know when Ricks deal was paid off.....

here it is -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrG4eMOryuA

this argument came after the Robert's hearing where the same two guys got into the same basic argument, and their working relationship was never the same.
    This is a deal being paid off.
    This is what it looks like.

Finally we find a guy like Rick who has told us what goes on that we always knew was happening but no one ever had the guts to admit until now....
    It makes Rick look bad when he gives the one word to describe himself as "courage" and then goes on to explain that he fell prey to politics as usual in Washington even when it went against his principles (as he described it.)

alanmolstad

[QUOTE=BigJulie;116462]
    But Spector ....
    Spector chaired the committee that would decide Robert's fate.

Spector is pro-Abortion.

So the fate of any pro-Life judges would fall into Spector's hands...

Everyone knew this back in 2004.
    You remember 2004 right, and Mitt actually supporting Abortion rights back then.

The fact that it actually did fall to Spector to get a pro-Life judge on the court was not lost on the pro-Life movement.

Spector got on the committee and became the chairman in order to control who would be named to the court.
    Thats the reason he wanted that ***.
    Spector was there to stop the very thing Rick and the pro-life movement were out to do.

So I am not surprised to see that some of the stronger Pro-Life voices in the Senate were thinking ahead and getting some ducks lined up..

As for what Spector is saying now?
    Spector is clearly attempting to rewrite his own page in the history books...

You can see that Rick is telling the truth by the way things worked out, and how it all fit now.

Why else do you think a pro-Abortion Republican could year after year get so much support from a Pro-Life republican party?

We all knew that everyone was cutting deals.
    now we have just heard about it out in the open for the first time from the lips of one of the guys who was cutting a deal with Spector to get a pro-Life judge on the court.

The results of Rick's deal was 2 more pro-Life judges on the court.

I know its a messy way to go about things in Washington, but this is the way the game is played if you want to get pro-Life men on the court....and clearly Rick did.

And Rick was successful.

So as a Pro-Life voter, I got to hand it to Rick for knowing how to get the *** done.

alanmolstad

......when it went against his principles (as he described it.)

I live in North Dakota.

There are way fewer people that live in my State than in any other State in the country.

And yet when you check on what State gets the most money from Washington per-person, North Dakota always leads the list!

Now ask yourself, "Why would little ND get so much more Washington money compared to the bigger more powerful States?"

The answer is found in the way your State hung on to that air base...how it paid for the new bridge....how it got that new housing grant program...

Your Senator had to find the votes to get your States requests p***ed.

and so they knocked on the doors of the Senators from ND, who were more than happy to support your senator's projects......"if"....

and that "if" is a game the two ND Senators play well.....

alanmolstad

fell prey to politics ....
    "politicas is one word of it...

or, horse trading...

or Negotiating.

or finding a compromise.

This is how two people, be they a car salesman and a person with a trade-in,
    or be they two senators who disagree on Abortion -
    or be they a husband and wife who simply disagree on something important,
    are able to work out an agreement they both can live with and move on.

It is the 'art of the deal'

"politicas is one word of it...

or, horse trading...

or Negotiating.

or finding a compromise.

This is how two people, be they a car salesman and a person with a trade-in,
    or be they two senators who disagree on Abortion -
    or be they a husband and wife who simply disagree on something important,
    are able to work out an agreement they both can live with and move on.

It is the 'art of the deal'
    That people are clearly sick of when it comes to Washington because the deal always means more debt and more taxes. It is what Santorum did when he dealt and what we don't any more of.

alanmolstad

Everyone always objects to the other guy's deal....

What I notice is that it all is a matter of point of view.
    Had Rick not been able to get a deal with key Senators we would be looking at a totally Liberal court right now.

But some will say that Rick is guilty of being a hypocrite, and selling out for political gain.
    And from their point of view perhaps thats what it looks like.

On the other hand, if all you care about it getting a Pro-Life judge on the court because it may lead to millions of saved lives?....Then the idea that you got to risk having ObamaCare to deal with looks like a fair trade.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-24-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Oh brother Alan---when the only way you can promote the person you like best is to give excuses for their bad behavior, you know things are not going to go well for you.

The more time Santorum has a chance to spout his views, the more fanatical he appears.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...ge-enrollment/

alanmolstad

Oh brother Alan---when the only way you can promote the person you like best is to give excuses l]
    Its not an excuse, its what he did.

and it was not an error on his part, it was a judgement call he made...

and the result is that we got to pro-Life judges on the court, while at the same time guy's like Mitt were not even sure what position to take on abortion.

Rick knows what he believes, and he took action to save children.

I got to hand it to Rick for not being shy about making a deal to save children.

alanmolstad

currently Im reading the Mitt is out spending Rick and Newt and Paul about 4 or 5 to 1.

At this rate he better win his home State or there is going to be a lot of screaming at him by the Party Leadership before Super Tuesday....