Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
Acts 2:38---King James Version (KJV)

In my Bible--this is what was taught for the remission of sins:

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
in Acts 10: 44-48, we have saved people who obviously have the Holy Spirit. The unsaved cannot receive the Holy Spirit for they are an enmity of God. In this p***age, Peter is saying that these people were now Christians just like him. But guess what? They haven't gotten wet yet! Baptism comes later. Peter says because they've already received the Spirit, they can now be baptized. Thus regeneration before water baptism.

The idea that regeneration follows faith, not baptism, is also reaffirmed in Acts 11:17-18 where Paul says:

If God therefore gave to them the same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way?" And when they heard this, they quieted down, and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

Notice there is no mention of baptism here, only repentance, faith, and salvation which leads to regeneration.