Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
This life is their one and only chance.. The Bible is clear:

Heb 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

dberrie----Maybe you can explain where within that scripture it states that no one will be given the opportunity to hear the gospel following death--if they did not here it during mortality?

Do you believe that all those who have died without that opportunity are sent to hell?

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
D, I just showed you a verse that tells us that judgment awaits on our death. Not a second chance. There are other p***ages such as 2 Cor 6:2 "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." And again Jesus speaking of doing the works of God while it is light "I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work (John 9:4).. Is there any chance to become a child of God after death, NO. It is done here or not at all..
If that is true--how did all the Gentiles become children of God through faith in Christ, prior to the NT?

Again--do you believe that all those who never had the opportunity to hear the gospel will be sent to hell?