Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thief

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Throwing away the truth for some prompting satan whispers in my ear is not my idea of faith in Christ.
    Satan is whispering in your ear telling you that you work your way to heaven and that someday you can become a god.

Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    But you don't meet your own requirements.
    Actually, he will meet the requirements of Christ who told us:

Matthew 5: 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
    If Christ commanded it as he does here, who are you to say it is not possible?

Marvin

dberrie2000

Billyray--If so why will you be exalted since you admit that you don't keep the commandments.
    Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

I suppose I am of the same thinking that Paul was--I press toward the mark of the high calling of God.

But you don't meet your own requirements.
    They are not my requirement--they are the words of Paul.

What is your evidence that I don't press forward toward the mark?

Billyray

They are not my requirement--they are the words of Paul.
    Paul was saved and he was not perfectly obedient to the commandments.

Billyray

you have told me flat out that you don't obey the commandments and you don't plan on obeying them in this life. You don't meet your own requirements. Why do you think that I should have a standard that you yourself don't keep?

dberrie2000

Satan is whispering in your ear telling you that you work your way to heaven and that someday you can become a god.
    Then we can now positively identify who satan is, can we not, because I have not heard that but from one source here.

Billyray

Then we can now positively identify who satan is, can we not, because I have not heard that but from one source here.
    You don't believe that your works contribute for exaltation and that you can be a god?

dberrie2000

you have told me flat out that you don't obey the commandments and you don't plan on obeying them in this life.
    I have told you no such thing. I plan on obeying all the commandments in this life--I just believe that it will be in the life hereafter that I am perfected in that quest. That is why I press on toward the mark--I have not given up on it.

You don't meet your own requirements.
    I don't have any requirements--but I do believe Christ does. And that is the mark I press toward.

Why do you think that I should have a standard that you yourself don't keep?
    I don't think you should have a standard outside of Christ's. I think all of mankind should have that standard, which is this standard:

Matthew5:48--"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Billyray

I have told you no such thing. I plan on obeying all the commandments in this life--I just believe that it will be in the life hereafter that I am perfected in that quest. That is why I press on toward the mark--I have not given up on it.
    Will you be perfectly obedient to the commandments in this life?

Billyray

Matthew5:48--"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
    will you meet this commandment in this life?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    you have told me flat out that you don't obey the commandments and you don't plan on obeying them in this life.
    dberrie---I have told you no such thing. I plan on obeying all the commandments in this life--I just believe that it will be in the life hereafter that I am perfected in that quest. That is why I press on toward the mark--I have not given up on it.
    Will you be perfectly obedient to the commandments in this life?
    Your circling, Billyray. Please read my post carefully.

Billyray

Your circling, Billyray. Please read my post carefully.
    In this life you will not meet your own requirements.

What makes you think that can work on your sins in the next life?

dberrie2000

Is that your measure of whether this scripture is true or not?

Billyray

It is a measure of if you are right or not. Obviously if you make up a requirement and every single person falls short of your requirement then what you are telling me is wrong.

dberrie2000

It is a measure of if you are right or not. Obviously if you make up a requirement and every single person falls short of your requirement then what you are telling me is wrong.

Billyray--the truth of the matter is--Matthew5:48 is not something that I made up. It's part of the Biblical NT--and out of the mouth of the Savior Himself.

So--do you believe that Christ made something up that every single person falls short of?

Do you believe what Christ stated is false, if that is the case?

Billyray

Billyray--the truth of the matter is--Matthew5:48 is not something that I made up. It's part of the Biblical NT--and out of the mouth of the Savior Himself.

So--do you believe that Christ made something up that every single person falls short of?

Do you or any person you know keep all the commandments?

dberrie2000

dberrie---Billyray--the truth of the matter is--Matthew5:48 is not something that I made up. It's part of the Biblical NT--and out of the mouth of the Savior Himself.

If I did--would you believe the Savior's command?

Billyray

If I did--would you believe the Savior's command?

dberrie2000

Again--if I did--would you believe that this command of the Savior found in Matthew5:48 was true?

If I don't--would you consider it to be false?

Billyray

Again--if I did--would you believe that this command of the Savior found in Matthew5:48 was true?

Will anyone go to heaven based on this standard of perfect obedience to the commandments?

dberrie2000

dberrie--Again--if I did--would you believe that this command of the Savior found in Matthew5:48 was true?

Will anyone go to heaven based on this standard of perfect obedience to the commandments?
    I suppose as many as meet the requirements of the Savior:

Revelation2:26-28--"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

28And I will give him the morning star."

Billyray

I suppose as many as meet the requirements of the Savior:
    You mean like this one?

John 6
    28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
    29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

What is the works that are required according to Jesus?

dberrie2000

You mean like this one?

John 6
    29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Whatever works that James implied when he wrote this:

James2:26--"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

Billyray

Whatever works that James implied when he wrote this:

James2:26--"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

John 6

Russianwolfe

John 6

Matthew 25: 31 ¶When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
    32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
    33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
    34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
    38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
    39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
    40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
    41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Billyray, what are the works that are required according to Jesus' parable?

Marvin