Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 423

Thread: The Thief

  1. #76
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    There is no such thing as an LDS gospel--it is either the gospel of Jesus Christ or it isn't. And Abraham lived under that gospel.
    DB please show me where Abraham lived under the LDS gospel.

  2. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    DB please show me where Abraham lived under the LDS gospel.
    Here we go. The great big Billyray Merry-Go-Round.

    Marvin
    “Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance.”

    – G. K. Chesterton, The Speaker, 12/15/00

  3. #78
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    Here we go. The great big Billyray Merry-Go-Round.

    Marvin
    If you can show me that they lived under the LDS type of gospel pre law then I wouldn't keep asking you guys this question.

    Did they have baptism?

    What about laying on of hands for the gift of the holy ghost?

    Temple ordinances?

  4. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    If you can show me that they lived under the LDS type of gospel pre law then I wouldn't keep asking you guys this question.

    Did they have baptism?

    What about laying on of hands for the gift of the holy ghost?

    Temple ordinances?
    Round and round we go, where we stop nobody knows.

    Marvin
    “Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance.”

    – G. K. Chesterton, The Speaker, 12/15/00

  5. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    There is no such thing as an LDS gospel--it is either the gospel of Jesus Christ or it isn't. And Abraham lived under that gospel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    DB please show me where Abraham lived under the LDS gospel.
    Where do you find any mention of the "LDS gospel" in Galatians3:8:

    Galatians3:8--"And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed."

    How does your changing the goalposts deny the fact that Abraham lived under the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

  6. #81
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Where do you find any mention of the "LDS gospel" in Galatians3:8:

    Galatians3:8--"And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed."

    How does your changing the goalposts deny the fact that Abraham lived under the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
    Abraham didn't live under the LDS gospel. Can you show me any evidence that he did such as baptism?

  7. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Where do you find any mention of the "LDS gospel" in Galatians3:8:

    Galatians3:8--"And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed."

    How does your changing the goalposts deny the fact that Abraham lived under the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Abraham didn't live under the LDS gospel. Can you show me any evidence that he did such as baptism?

    The scriptures have Abraham being taught the gospel, and living under the laws, statues, and commandments of Jesus Christ, no matter what you believe it is. And on top of that--receiving the grace of God because he obeyed God's laws, statutes, and commandments:

    Genesis26:4-5--"And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

    5Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

    That he received of the grace of God according to his obedience--violate any faith alone theology.

    If it was not the gospel of Jesus Christ--was it the gospel at all? Showing baptism, or any other specific ordinance cannot negate the fact it was the gospel of Jesus Christ--the very one who brought the gospel to Abraham.

  8. #83
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    Round and round we go, where we stop nobody knows.

    Marvin
    It obviously stops with you Marvin because you can't provide evidence for your claim that Abraham lived under the LDS gospel.

  9. #84
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    The scriptures have Abraham being taught the gospel, and living under the laws, statues, and commandments of Jesus Christ, no matter what you believe it is. theology.
    Then why do you ***ume it is the LDS gospel since you have absolutely no proof for this? The Bible gives us things that were given to Abraham to obey and this in no way matches the LDS gospel.

  10. #85
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    5Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."
    And use the Bible to show us what these commands were. To leave the land where he was living, to have a son, to sacrifice his son etc. Are there any other commands that you want to add that in any way show that Abraham was under the LDS gospel?

  11. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    It obviously stops with you Marvin because you can't provide evidence for your claim that Abraham lived under the LDS gospel.
    And around and around.

    Marvin

    PS DBerrie has already pointout that there is no LDS gospel. There is only the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When Paul said that Abraham was living under the Gospel, he meant the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is all we need to know. And it is the greatest problem for you. The Bible teaches this and you are attempting to negate the Bible, which makes you anti-Biblical.
    “Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance.”

    – G. K. Chesterton, The Speaker, 12/15/00

  12. #87
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    There is only the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Marvin list for me all of the commandments that Abraham was under and then we can compare those to the LDS gospel.

  13. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Marvin list for me all of the commandments that Abraham wad under and then we can compare those to the LDS gospel.
    There is no LDS gospel.

    Remember Billyray, this forum is about LDS beliefs, not about your personal distortions of what the LDS believe. Every time you use the phrase, "LDS gospel", you are violating the rule of the forum that you are constantly reminding us of, that this forum is about LDS belief. Please stop being the hypocrite by using this phrase. It is a reflection of your own distorted opinion and is not an LDS belief.

    Marvin
    “Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance.”

    – G. K. Chesterton, The Speaker, 12/15/00

  14. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Abraham didn't live under the LDS gospel. Can you show me any evidence that he did such as baptism?
    dberrie---The scriptures have Abraham being taught the gospel, and living under the laws, statues, and commandments of Jesus Christ, no matter what you believe it is. And on top of that--receiving the grace of God because he obeyed God's laws, statutes, and commandments:

    Genesis26:4-5--"And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

    5Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

    That he received of the grace of God according to his obedience--violates any faith alone theology.

    If it was not the gospel of Jesus Christ--was it the gospel at all? Showing baptism, or any other specific ordinance cannot negate the fact it was the gospel of Jesus Christ--the very one who brought the gospel to Abraham.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    And use the Bible to show us what these commands were. To leave the land where he was living, to have a son, to sacrifice his son etc. Are there any other commands that you want to add that in any way show that Abraham was under the LDS gospel?

    There is no LDS gospel, as I stated to you. There is only the gospel of Jesus Christ--or it isn't the gospel at all. Your adding "LDS" to that is only a diversion of your making. If you see anywhere I have stated that--please print it.

    What it consisted of in no way addresses the fact that the scriptures state that Abraham was taught the gospel of Jesus Christ, or that Abraham received of God's grace for obedience to that gospel laws, statutes, or commandments.

    To be quite frank, Billyray--I see no more than your "add-on" diversions in your answers--which is why I started the changing goalposts thread. Your posts have no substance whatsoever.

    You did really bad when you tried to defend your theology--now you spend your time in diversions--but appear even worse yet.

  15. #90
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    What it consisted of in no way addresses the fact that the scriptures state that Abraham was taught the gospel of Jesus Christ, or that Abraham received of God's grace for obedience to that gospel laws, statutes, or commandments.
    Show me from the Bible what those commandments were that Abraham was under.

  16. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Show me from the Bible what those commandments were that Abraham was under.
    And just how would that effect the scripture stating that Abraham was taught the gospel:

    Galatians3:8--"And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed."



    Galatians3:17-19--"And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

    Which was four hundred and thirty years after what?


    V18For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

    19Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator."

    It was added to what?

  17. #92
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    And just how would that effect the scripture stating that Abraham was taught the gospel:
    Abraham knew about Christ coming but nowhere does the Bible teach what you believe, that Abraham lived under the LDS type of gospel. You haven't shown me that yet you still claim that this is true. Please show me in the Bible where this is taught. Show me from the Bible what Commandments Abraham was under so we can validate your claims.

  18. #93
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

    It was added to what?
    I have already answered this question multiple times and you simply ignore it. Here it is again for you. It was added to the existing commandments such as not eating blood etc.

    Now are you going to show me where it says that Abraham was under the LDS gospel?

  19. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    * * * S T R A W M A N A L E R T * * *

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Abraham knew about Christ coming but nowhere does the Bible teach what you believe, that Abraham lived under the LDS type of gospel. You haven't shown me that yet you still claim that this is true. Please show me in the Bible where this is taught. Show me from the Bible what Commandments Abraham was under so we can validate your claims.
    There is no LDS type of Gospel. There is only the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The LDS believe it and follow it to the best of their ability.

    Marvin
    “Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance.”

    – G. K. Chesterton, The Speaker, 12/15/00

  20. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Marvin sure there is a LDS type of Gospel and that is the gospel that you believe that Abraham was under. Don't fib with me Marvin because I will call you on it every time.

    BTW when are you going to give me some proof that Abraham was under this LDS type of gospel?
    There is only the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And the scriptures are enough proof that Abraham was under the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Unless you think that Paul was preaching another Gospel? You don't, do you?

    And calling me a liar is not Christ-like.

    Marvin
    “Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance.”

    – G. K. Chesterton, The Speaker, 12/15/00

  21. #96
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    There is only the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And the scriptures are enough proof that Abraham was under the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Is the LDS gospel that same gospel that Abraham was under?

    Can you show me any evidence that Abraham was under the LDS type of gospel?

  22. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    * * * Strawman Alert * * *


    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Is the LDS gospel that same gospel that Abraham was under?

    Can you show me any evidence that Abraham was under the LDS type of gospel?
    There is no LDS type of Gospel. There is only the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You have been reminded of this several times. Your refusal to correct your statements and your continual use of this term is dishonest and deceptive.

    Abraham was under the Gospel of Jesus Christ, unless you believe that Paul taught a different Gospel.

    Marvin
    “Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance.”

    – G. K. Chesterton, The Speaker, 12/15/00

  23. #98
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post

    There is no LDS type of Gospel. There is only the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Tell me the difference between the LDS gospel and the gospel you believe Abraham was under.

  24. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Tell me the difference between the LDS gospel and the gospel you believe Abraham was under.
    You are the one who is making this claim. You provide the list of differences. You support your claim. Don't expect me to do your work for you.

    Marvin
    “Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance.”

    – G. K. Chesterton, The Speaker, 12/15/00

  25. #100
    Billyray
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    You are the one who is making this claim. You provide the list of differences. You support your claim. Don't expect me to do your work for you.

    Marvin
    I made the claim that you believe that Abraham was under the LDS type of gospel. You took issue with that so I am asking you what is different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •