Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not possible.

Sir

Default Not possible.

Apologette/ Catherine Aurelia said:

"In the "temple" you commune with demons."

But I thought the Anti-LDS complained about NOT being allowed in the temple!! How is it that the LDS are communing with them in there?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post

But I thought the Anti-LDS complained about NOT being allowed in the temple!! How is it that the LDS are communing with them in there?
    ExMormon review on the temple experiences.
    A man view) In the Celestial room that day an old friend of the family, faithful Mormon, came up to shake my hand, and asked me what I thought about it - wasn't it wonderful? Of course, I said yes. And then he said, "Oh, in the old days it was frightening! All this talk about ripping out your tongue and gushing your bowels out on the ground! It's much nicer now!" I remember thinking, but if this is the "correct, pure, unadulterated" endowment as established thousands of years ago by God, how could it have changed?
    A woman view)The endowment was bizarre. As we took our seats on the left and dad sat on the right, I remember wondering why "forever families" can't sit together in the temple. I wanted to sit with both my parents. I also remember trying my best to keep up and to not cry in frustration. Of course I didn't know enough to question then why I felt the need to cry in frustration in the house of the lord. I hated the movie. ******. This was in 1987 so I got the full, gory penalties. They scared me. I knew I'd never be able to live up to all those promises, so I just knew god was going to disembowel me before it was over.
    Of course, I spent years berating myself for not being worthy enough to feel the spirit of the temple. Of course it was my fault. It had to be my fault. The church couldn't possibly be at fault. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I hated it. I hate everything about the temple. It just felt so ... wrong.

Another woman's view) It's almost like a miracle," the temple worker gushed as she told me my new name... There were tears in my eyes as I sat there thinking that there must have been *some* reason why Almighty God saw fit to bestow upon me a "new name" that was basically my old name with a change in spelling. Maybe He thought I was a little deficient in the memory department and decided to take it easy on me... I had always wished my real name was spelled "Deborah" anyway...so I decided that was God's gift to me...

Of course I hadn't a clue that *every other* woman who went through that day was also receiving Deborah as her new name. That knowledge would definitely have put a dent in the "specialness" of the occasion. It's kinda like how kids are totally astounded by a stage magician's sleight-of-hand until they see how the trick is done...

Another woman's view) And I don't hide my face behind a veil to seek God in prayer---oh that prayer circle hurt. On my wedding day, I was sequestered and alone in mounds of anonymous fabric and not even God --it seemed--could bear the sight of a woman in his circle. How do I covenant to Love that which does not seem to love me enough to abide my sighting? No, I had to leave the temple to eventually to find God---or the animating spirit that moves the universe whatever we call it. The spirit found its way into my body's temple and my heart. Oh, the relief of being known and loved just as I am... its the first step of trusting that I can get to know God too...
    So, that was my temple wedding---my trip through Oz...No I didn't see the man (or men) manipulating everything behind the curtains that day --but as we drove off I swear I could see the sky full of flying monkeys who were carrying off my bikini panties and French cut bra...

God Bless you all who are my fellow wayfarers through grief. I will take what is worth keeping and disregard the rest.

I'll trust Jesus Christ's message: "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you." And within me.

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    ExMormon review on the temple experiences.
    A man view) In the Celestial room that day an old friend of the family, faithful Mormon, came up to shake my hand, and asked me what I thought about it - wasn't it wonderful? Of course, I said yes. And then he said, "Oh, in the old days it was frightening! All this talk about ripping out your tongue and gushing your bowels out on the ground! It's much nicer now!" I remember thinking, but if this is the "correct, pure, unadulterated" endowment as established thousands of years ago by God, how could it have changed?
    A woman view)The endowment was bizarre. As we took our seats on the left and dad sat on the right, I remember wondering why "forever families" can't sit together in the temple. I wanted to sit with both my parents. I also remember trying my best to keep up and to not cry in frustration. Of course I didn't know enough to question then why I felt the need to cry in frustration in the house of the lord. I hated the movie. ******. This was in 1987 so I got the full, gory penalties. They scared me. I knew I'd never be able to live up to all those promises, so I just knew god was going to disembowel me before it was over.
    Of course, I spent years berating myself for not being worthy enough to feel the spirit of the temple. Of course it was my fault. It had to be my fault. The church couldn't possibly be at fault. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I hated it. I hate everything about the temple. It just felt so ... wrong.

Another woman's view) It's almost like a miracle," the temple worker gushed as she told me my new name... There were tears in my eyes as I sat there thinking that there must have been *some* reason why Almighty God saw fit to bestow upon me a "new name" that was basically my old name with a change in spelling. Maybe He thought I was a little deficient in the memory department and decided to take it easy on me... I had always wished my real name was spelled "Deborah" anyway...so I decided that was God's gift to me...

Of course I hadn't a clue that *every other* woman who went through that day was also receiving Deborah as her new name. That knowledge would definitely have put a dent in the "specialness" of the occasion. It's kinda like how kids are totally astounded by a stage magician's sleight-of-hand until they see how the trick is done...

Another woman's view) And I don't hide my face behind a veil to seek God in prayer---oh that prayer circle hurt. On my wedding day, I was sequestered and alone in mounds of anonymous fabric and not even God --it seemed--could bear the sight of a woman in his circle. How do I covenant to Love that which does not seem to love me enough to abide my sighting? No, I had to leave the temple to eventually to find God---or the animating spirit that moves the universe whatever we call it. The spirit found its way into my body's temple and my heart. Oh, the relief of being known and loved just as I am... its the first step of trusting that I can get to know God too...
    So, that was my temple wedding---my trip through Oz...No I didn't see the man (or men) manipulating everything behind the curtains that day --but as we drove off I swear I could see the sky full of flying monkeys who were carrying off my bikini panties and French cut bra...

God Bless you all who are my fellow wayfarers through grief. I will take what is worth keeping and disregard the rest.

I'll trust Jesus Christ's message: "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you." And within me.
    RFH: This was quite enlightening and hey, it was exactly how I felt when I went through the temple. You are really funny and you should take it on the road....I am not joking. In all honesty, the experience was so horrific and gross that I never went again even at the insistence of James. He really believed all that stuff so he'd go with my Dad. I remember doing a lot of crying the day I got married and wondering how on earth could my parents condone such a thing. Was this what I waited for all my life? Yes, and "what is that? And does it have a name......Oh, that's my knee

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    RFH: This was quite enlightening and hey, it was exactly how I felt when I went through the temple. You are really funny and you should take it on the road....I am not joking. In all honesty, the experience was so horrific and gross that I never went again even at the insistence of James. He really believed all that stuff so he'd go with my Dad. I remember doing a lot of crying the day I got married and wondering how on earth could my parents condone such a thing. Was this what I waited for all my life? Yes, and "what is that? And does it have a name......Oh, that's my knee
    I think women are more sensitive very often to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Obviously, God didn't want you in those occult temples.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

nrajeffreturns

It took me 5 seconds before I got it. LOL.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    It took me 5 seconds before I got it. LOL.
    Only 5 second, why in my day.......
    I been a LDS ward building once does that count?
    I mistook it for the YMCA caferteria.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Only 5 second, why in my day.......
    I been a LDS ward building once does that count?
    I mistook it for the YMCA caferteria.
    They aren't exactly known for aesthetics are they? Ugly!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Billyray

When you see the "dead" who appear to you while in the temple. I hear story after story about this from active LDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    When you see the "dead" who appear to you while in the temple. I hear story after story about this from active LDS.
    I've read accounts of Mormons being contacted by dead ancestors. Don't they realize they are messing with demons?

alanmolstad

Its not a question I , or anyone else can know for sure....

But just based on what I have seen in several videos of the super-secret Mormon goings on inside the typical Mormon temple?....I would have to agree, we are likely seeing Mormons call forth and worship Demons while there.....that much does seem clear to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I've read accounts of Mormons being contacted by dead ancestors. Don't they realize they are messing with demons?
    Dead ancestors are demons???

LOL... man you've got some crazy, unbiblical, silly theology there.

alanmolstad

it is a very valid idea, that if a person is contacted by a spirit that claims to be a long-lost member of the family, and that this spirit then teaches about a different Gospel than what we have already received in the Bible?....then it is a very real possibility that what you are dealing with is a demon....

So it's not who the spirit appears to be that counts...it's what they say that counts.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Dead ancestors are demons???

LOL... man you've got some crazy, unbiblical, silly theology there.
    I see dead people, but why do they still have their clothes on?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    it is a very valid idea, that if a person is contacted by a spirit that claims to be a long-lost member of the family, and that this spirit then teaches about a different Gospel than what we have already received in the Bible?....then it is a very real possibility that what you are dealing with is a demon....

So it's not who the spirit appears to be that counts...it's what they say that counts.
    Two problems...
    First, you ***ume that you would know the truth and would be able to recognize a different gospel.
    Second, CA has already falsely stated that any contact with someone who has p***ed on is Satanic. This is the first time that she has implied that everyone who has died are now demons.
    Funny, given that demons are rebellious angels, and CA said that people are not angels and can not become angels.

She has a hard time keeping her theology straight.

Two problems...
    First, you ***ume that you would know the truth and would be able to recognize a different gospel.
    Second, CA has already falsely stated that any contact with someone who has p***ed on is Satanic. This is the first time that she has implied that everyone who has died are now demons.
    Funny, given that demons are rebellious angels, and CA said that people are not angels and can not become angels.

You can add into the mixture this: Libby believes that NO BEINGS appeared to Joseph Smith. No beings at all, not heavenly ones, and not demonic ones either. Which leaves the maze of anti-Mormonism in chaos, since their various theories to explain stuff contradict each other.

Libby

Apologette is not saying that the actual "dead relative" is a demon. She is saying that demons are replying and/or appearing as the dead relative. They are taking advantage of a person's belief that they can commune with the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Apologette is not saying that the actual "dead relative" is a demon. She is saying that demons are replying and/or appearing as the dead relative. They are taking advantage of a person's belief that they can commune with the dead.
    No, that is not what she believes. She believes ANY contact with ANYONE who has died is necromancy, and therefore Satanic; ergo, it is no small step to then believe that all dead people you can communicate with are therefore demons.

If you are trying to save her from herself, then you have taken upon yourself a full time ***.

teenapenny

No, that is not what she believes. She believes ANY contact with ANYONE who has died is necromancy, and therefore Satanic; ergo, it is no small step to then believe that all dead people you can communicate with are therefore demons.

If you are trying to save her from herself, then you have taken upon yourself a full time ***.
    What makes you an expert on what she believes? I agree with Libby.

Quote Originally Posted by teenapenny View Post
    What makes you an expert on what she believes? I agree with Libby.
    No body can be an expert on what she believes as it is constantly changing.
    I am basing what I know of her on what she has already affirmatively ***erted.
    Now if that information or theology sounds silly, that is not my doing.

Gary_Biblelover

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    AMEN. And I remember reading an account from a church prophet (Sorry, can't recall which) He was alone in the temple and began seeing orbs floating around, and hearing strange, melodious music. These are definitely not manifestations from above. But quite the opposite. That should give anyone who reads this a very good idea of where they were coming from. And this is not an isolated account. During the dedication of the Kirtland temple, there were accounts of men whose eyes physically changed, and men yowling like a panther, and other occurences that to anyone but the most uninformed demonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Biblelover View Post
    AMEN. And I remember reading an account from a church prophet (Sorry, can't recall which) He was alone in the temple and began seeing orbs floating around, and hearing strange, melodious music. These are definitely not manifestations from above. But quite the opposite. That should give anyone who reads this a very good idea of where they were coming from. And this is not an isolated account. During the dedication of the Kirtland temple, there were accounts of men whose eyes physically changed, and men yowling like a panther, and other occurences that to anyone but the most uninformed demonic.
    So then do you believe like CA that all dead people are demons?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Biblelover View Post
    I don't know, but what ever he was smokin, I'd like to try.....

RealFakeHair

So then do you believe like CA that all dead people are demons?
    All dead people are called zombies

alanmolstad

Two problems...

My view is that any spirit that claims to be a long dead family member and then teaches different than the Christian faith, is actually a demon too.

its not the actual family member at all, but is a demon acting like a family member with the aim of teaching error and lies.

So the person that has told you that people that have died and then later appeared to others teaching a different religion are actually demons is CORRECT!

alanmolstad

Two problems...
    Yes, that is what I claim to be able to do, and do so now with the guidance given us in the example and warnings seen in the words of Paul as I have quoted..
    I judge any claim I hear by the Bible
    I judge any teaching I hear by the Bible....and reject anything that does not agree,