Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch How Easy This Is

Sir

Default Watch How Easy This Is

The question posed by a critic (keeping names anonymous to avoid issues):

"If you knew for sure that God was speaking to you and God asked you to take out your wife into the backyard and sacrifice her would you do it?"

My simple, direct, and succinct answer is YES!

Why was that so easy? Because we are making the condition that the person in the question is truly very God. So for me, no matter what God says or asks, I will follow and obey.

What would your answer be?

Sir

neverending has informed me taht nobody is going to touch this thread.

That's fine if true.

But I think that the reason that might be is simply because the only truthful answer might cause cognitive dissonance in some.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    The question posed by a critic (keeping names anonymous to avoid issues):

"If you knew for sure that God was speaking to you and God asked you to take out your wife into the backyard and sacrifice her would you do it?"

My simple, direct, and succinct answer is YES!

Why was that so easy? Because we are making the condition that the person in the question is truly very God. So for me, no matter what God says or asks, I will follow and obey.

What would your answer be?
    Why do you think that God would command you to do something that goes against what he given for the NT church?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Why do you think that God would command you to do something that goes against what he given for the NT church?
    Why do you think you know better than God?

God made laws for men, not men for laws. In the OT God had no problem asking someone to sacrifice his son.

If your position is God cannot go against what He gave in the NT, then it doesn't follow considering what he gave in the NT goes against what he gave in the OT.

But if God is God, and His ways are always just and perfect, who are you to tell him he is wrong?

Billyray

Why do you think you know better than God?
    Nope I don't think I am better than God and I don't even think I will become a god like you do.

Billyray

God made laws for men, not men for laws. In the OT God had no problem asking someone to sacrifice his son.
    Why would God give you a command that goes against what he has taught you in the NT?

Sir

Nope I don't think I am better than God and I don't even think I will become a god like you do.
    Zing!....Pow!.....Wap.....bam!......Zoink!.....

Aside from the obligatory cheap shot you are compelled to make, Why did you chop my post and not answer my last question?

Billyray

But if God is God, and His ways are always just and perfect, who are you to tell him he is wrong?
    I certainly wouldn't tell him he is wrong.

Sir

Why would God give you a command that goes against what he has taught you in the NT?
    Or....you can completely ignore what has been said here already and simply repeat the same questions over and over....which is your MO.

So be it.

Sir

I certainly wouldn't tell him he is wrong.
    Great.

Case closed.

Billyray

Great.

Case closed.
    The problem with this question (which was my question from another thread) is that it falsely ***umes that God would ask us to do something that he has already told us not to do in the NT. So on the one hand we obey God but on the other hand we disobey his command not to kill.

Let me give you another similar question. If God told you to reject him would you do it?

Billyray

Do you believe that Warren Jeffs believes that God speaks to him and gives him revelations and Warren honestly believes that it is God who is speaking to him?

Sir

Do you believe that Warren Jeffs believes that God speaks to him and gives him revelations and Warren honestly believes that it is God who is speaking to him?
    Ah ah ah (finger wag), now you are doing what keeps being done. You are now CHANGING this to be "if you thought it was God" as opposed to the standard that we set that it IS God, no questions about that.

Sir

The problem with this question (which was my question from another thread) is that it falsely ***umes that God would ask us to do something that he has already told us not to do in the NT. So on the one hand we obey God but on the other hand we disobey his command not to kill.
    You still haven't address the fact that God HAS commanded someone to kill, and that God has also commanded that we NOT kill.

Address that and you might understand your dilemma here.

Let me give you another similar question. If God told you to reject him would you do it?
    That's not similar.

Show me anywhere in scripture where God has commanded that we REJECT him?

Billyray

You still haven't address the fact that God HAS commanded someone to kill, and that God has also commanded that we NOT kill.
    In the OT absolutely. But we are under the NT rules and Christ does not command us to kill. So you are giving a scenario that God would never give us.

For example If God told you to reject him and worship the Devil would you do it?

Billyray

That's not similar.

Show me anywhere in scripture where God has commanded that we REJECT him?
    Show me anywhere in the NT where God has commanded us to kill a wife or child as a sacrifice to him.

Sir

In the OT absolutely. But we are under the NT rules and Christ does not command us to kill. So you are giving a scenario that God would never give us.
    So God's laws and rules change.

So if God himself asked us to sacrifice someone, how would you know which rule to follow? He has set a precedent that he can allow or not allow that.

See your dilemma here?

For example If God told you to reject him and worship the Devil would you do it?
    Show me scriptural precedent where God has commanded to both ACCEPT him and REJECT the Devil and to also REJECT God and ACCEPT the Devil.

Can you?

Sir

Show me anywhere in the NT where God has commanded us to kill a wife or child as a sacrifice to him.
    I see.

you are purposely ignoring the parts of my post that completely refute and demolish your argument.

Why do you ignore the OT?

Why do you ignore that God has commanded the killing of people before?

Why do you refuse to reconcile how God can both command killings and forbid killings?

You could always admit your error.

Or you can continue to show the obtuseness of your position for all to see.

Even in another thread you just posted:

Psalm 115
    3 Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.
    Doy yo yoing...... (ala Russ)

Billyray

So God's laws and rules change.
    God's rules for man have changed over time. Before Moses they were not under the Law. Under Moses they were under the Law. After the death of Christ we are not under the Law.

Billyray

See your dilemma here?
    Not at all. Starting with the death of Christ we are under the law of love, we are to love God and love our neighbor. If we loved our neighbor then we would not kill them.

Billyray

Why do you ignore the OT?
    I don't ignore it but we are not under the OT rules and regulations. I ***umed that you knew that.

Billyray

You see this whole line of questioning by you and theway is to provide a rationalization to justify your false beliefs. This is no different than what Warren Jeffs is doing today. He is claiming revelation from God and implementing new actions because God is telling him to do this and who could refuse what God tells him to do.

Sir

I don't ignore it but we are not under the OT rules and regulations. I ***umed that you knew that.
    But you just got writing in another thread:

'God is the boss and he makes the rules so it is not wrong for him to allow people to die during the flood"

So you are saying that God, who makes the rules, can change them in the NT, but he cannot change them again if he wanted?

See the problem with Bibliolatrists? They believe God can change the rules and laws from OT to NT, but if he asked someone to do something that was okay in the OT, he cannot...or would not....or......something. Apparently you have boxed God into a NT box.

Sir

God's rules for man have changed over time. Before Moses they were not under the Law. Under Moses they were under the Law. After the death of Christ we are not under the Law.
    The question isn't if we are under the law.

The simply question is if God himself asked you to do something would you.

I say YES.

You say, "Well, God, you said it was okay in the OT but then changed your own law in the NT, and well, I cannot obey your commend of me now since it conflicts with the law you gave in the NT but not the law you gave in the OT".

ROFL....

It's funny you simply cannot admit your failed position here.

Sir

Not at all. Starting with the death of Christ we are under the law of love, we are to love God and love our neighbor. If we loved our neighbor then we would not kill them.
    That wasn't the question.