Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch How Easy This Is

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post

But as we all know and as you have said, unless it is written in the NT you will disbey God.
    Where did I say that?

BTW are you going to answer my question?

We are commanded to obey God and I strive to do so. What else do you propose that I should do that is not found in the NT?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Where did I say that?

BTW are you going to answer my question?

We are commanded to obey God and I strive to do so. What else do you propose that I should do that is not found in the NT?
    Whatever God commands you.

See, I did answer you that question just last post. You apparently missed it.

So there ya go.

Billyray

Whatever God commands you.
    What else do you propose that I should do that is not found in the NT?

Sir

What else do you propose that I should do that is not found in the NT?
    I propose you stop asking the same questions over and over and over and up and down and backwards etc....

The answer AGAIN, is you shoudl do whatever God commands you.

Apparently you still feel there are other things. I can't help you there.

I would do whatever God commanded me, but that's because I'm not a bibliolatrist who puts the Bible over God.

Billyray

Default I ask the same question because you have failed to give a decent answer.

I propose you stop asking the same questions over and over and over and up and down and backwards etc....

The answer AGAIN, is you shoudl do whatever God commands you.
    I believe we should obey God. What else do you propose that I do besides that which was given to us in the NT?

Sir

I believe we should obey God. What else do you propose that I do besides that which was given to us in the NT?
    I find it comical and sad that when you ask what you must do, you claim that the answer to obey whatever commands you to do is not a decent answer.

So keep asking your question until you finally get the tickle that you are looking for.

Billyray

So keep asking your question until you finally get the tickle that you are looking for.
    You can't seem to answer my question can you?

I am doing all that God has asked me to do what else do you propose that I do?

neverending

Angry

neverending has informed me taht nobody is going to touch this thread.

That's fine if true.

But I think that the reason that might be is simply because the only truthful answer might cause cognitive dissonance in some.

Sir,
    Please show me where I said these things? If I did then you'll have to copy and paste it from some other thread and do make sure that we know which thead your getting this from.

You know this question has become so dull and now it's overkill....no pun intended. So, I do not and will not believe that in this day and age, God, the TRUE GOD would EVER ask anyone to kill their wife. God is not stoopid! He knows our laws that we have approved for ourselves so now, why then would God want anyone to commit murder knowing that the murderer will be found guilty and spend the rest of their life behind bars or possibly get the death sentence? Can you see the dilemna now? How easy to kill someone in Bible times, no technology like we have today, no CSI, no FBI....and if no one saw you kill someone, who was going to accuse you? The question is ridiculous....just as the question, "when did you stop beating your wife?"

We have the 10 Commandments telling us thou shalt not murder (kill)! Are we now not to care about the 10 Commandments? My God would not ask me to do such a thing knowing it would be breaking civil law. My God wouldn't want me to commit sin. And since I have never seen the Real God, how then would I know that this was the Real God especially since He's asking me to go against what I know is right and He is giving me contradictory commands.

My conclusion would be that this being is pretending to be the Real God and trying to fool me. The devil can appear as an angel of light and fool many. My God wants what is best for me. He wants me to have an abundant life, to be a light that sits on a hill. How in the world could I have anything good in my life once I had commited this horrible sin? Even if no one knew what I had done, I would never get over the guilt. Is this too what God would want for my life?

BrianH

I realize you have been away on punishment and are not aware of the previous discussions leading to this thread. So I understand your need to appeal to your programmed emotional response to attack me and my views and to also misrepresent the original premise to the question. It is also not surprising that you would disobey God were He to command you to do something, and it is a little interesting that you call the scenerio i presented "murder". Shows that you have mossed much of the conversations previous to this to make a reasonable response.

thanks for living down to my expectations.
    You are the one who made it clear that you would kill your own wife on the delusion that "God" told you to do so.

That's the difference between you and me - indeed between Mormons and Christians. You are the one with the problem here, "Sir". You have done a good *** of demonstrating exactly what others have been saying. Yet ...you will never even know that.

Here ...let's just see how duplicitous you guys really are. Answer this question:

Would you kill yourself if God told you to, or is your obedience only limited to killing the innocent?

-BH

Sir

You can't seem to answer my question can you?

ROFL.....that's billyray for ya....ask the same question 49 times and get the same answer 49 times. So then he'll ask a 50th time and when you don't bother anymore he comes back with "Ha! You can't answer it, can you?!"

ROFL...

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    Sir,
    Please show me where I said these things? If I did then you'll have to copy and paste it from some other thread and do make sure that we know which thead your getting this from.
    You don't remember saying nobody would address this thread? You said it here:

"NO....you need to SHUT UP! And don't tell me to calm down! Everything you continue to say only causes me much distress, for all I am seeing is a very lost man who would be the first in line to drink the Kool-Aid. Accept the answers given and MOVE ON! No one is going to answer your new thread ither. If I knew where you lived, I have evidence that you are conspiring to kill your wife, if your Prophet told you to today. Want to share that information with her? I'd like to know how she feels. Maybe divorce would be in your future and rightly so. Good luck with that.
    You know this question has become so dull and now it's overkill....no pun intended. So, I do not and will not believe that in this day and age, God, the TRUE GOD would EVER ask anyone to kill their wife. God is not stoopid! He knows our laws that we have approved for ourselves so now, why then would God want anyone to commit murder knowing that the murderer will be found guilty and spend the rest of their life behind bars or possibly get the death sentence? Can you see the dilemna now? How easy to kill someone in Bible times, no technology like we have today, no CSI, no FBI....and if no one saw you kill someone, who was going to accuse you? The question is ridiculous....just as the question, "when did you stop beating your wife?"
    LOL...so you believe that God's commanding to kill someone is murder. Great. Then your God is a murderer then, since He has done that very thing. Or did you not think your argument through completely?

Let's see....you went into a tangent about CSI and the FBI, so I am going to say no, you didn't.

We have the 10 Commandments telling us thou shalt not murder (kill)!
    So your interpretation of the Bible is that killing and murder are synonomous; equal.

Okay. I can see your dilemma.

Are we now not to care about the 10 Commandments? My God would not ask me to do such a thing knowing it would be breaking civil law.
    Interesting. And here I thought your (all LDS critics) arguement is that God's commands trump civil laws. Now it doesn't.

My God wouldn't want me to commit sin. And since I have never seen the Real God, how then would I know that this was the Real God especially since He's asking me to go against what I know is right and He is giving me contradictory commands.
    Because the foundation of the question was it was the real God. No what ifs. But as has been pointed out to you and all the others who have intentionally twisted it around to claim the foundation of the question is different, you're left to fight against your own strawman argument.

My conclusion would be that this being is pretending to be the Real God and trying to fool me. The devil can appear as an angel of light and fool many. My God wants what is best for me. He wants me to have an abundant life, to be a light that sits on a hill. How in the world could I have anything good in my life once I had commited this horrible sin? Even if no one knew what I had done, I would never get over the guilt. Is this too what God would want for my life?

See? Like that. Arguing something that was never even a possibility in the original question.

No wonder you guys are so flustered.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    You are the one who made it clear that you would kill your own wife on the delusion that "God" told you to do so.

That's the difference between you and me - indeed between Mormons and Christians. You are the one with the problem here, "Sir". You have done a good *** of demonstrating exactly what others have been saying. Yet ...you will never even know that.

Here ...let's just see how duplicitous you guys really are. Answer this question:

Would you kill yourself if God told you to, or is your obedience only limited to killing the innocent?

-BH

See? Even BrianH, who has been away on mandatory hiatus, has returned only to make the same mistake as his cohorts - to change the foundation of the question to a "What if it was God" instead of the true question that "It is God, no question".

So he too is left fighting against an argument of his own making.

And he is attempting to set a trap for me in claiming i will be duplitious in answering his baited question. But the answer is the same. Whatever very God asked me to do I would obey.

See? The only duplitiousness going on here is the critics that claim to love and obey God and taht God can do whatever he pleases but then claim that God can't do this or won't do that and.....

Libby

Yes, plus, I think they keep forgetting that God actually did tell Abraham to kill his only son, and he was prepared to act on that command. Was Abraham "delusional"?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Yes, plus, I think they keep forgetting that God actually did tell Abraham to kill his only son, and he was prepared to act on that command. Was Abraham "delusional"?
    Yep. he was delusional and the God that asked Abraham to do that was a tyrant and a murderer; a God that asks His children to sin; a God that wants His children to break civil laws.

....But it's okay since they didn't have CSI back then.

Billyray

ROFL.....that's billyray for ya....ask the same question 49 times and get the same answer 49 times. So then he'll ask a 50th time and when you don't bother anymore he comes back with "Ha! You can't answer it, can you?!"

ROFL...
    Sir I am surprised that you are having such a hard time answering such an easy question. The fact is that all that is required FOR salvation is given in the NT. I asked you specifically what else was required and you were unable to give me an answer. Don't you know what is required in addition to that given in the NT FOR salvation? I guess not.

Billyray

Default I didn't ever get an answer to my question

See? The only duplitiousness going on here is the critics that claim to love and obey God and taht God can do whatever he pleases but then claim that God can't do this or won't do that and.....
    If God asked you to forsake him and worship the devil would you do it?

Sir

Sir I am surprised that you are having such a hard time answering such an easy question. The fact is that all that is required FOR salvation is given in the NT. I asked you specifically what else was required and you were unable to give me an answer. Don't you know what is required in addition to that given in the NT FOR salvation? I guess not.
    See how billyray is now creating a new line of question about conditions of salvation?

Remember, folks, the original simple question was if there was no question it was God and he commanded you to do something, would you?

But all critics like billy have left is to change the question, add their own twist on it, ask it 50+ times and then claim the person is unable to answer.

It's desperate, but it's all they have at this point.

Billyray

Remember, folks, the original simple question was if there was no question it was God and he commanded you to do something, would you?
    I believe we should follow God. I have never said that we shouldn't follow God. What God has told me is through his word in the NT. I have had no other requests of God other than that. What else is required that I am not currently doing?

Sir

You never got an answer because you never answered my question that was an important point to yours:

Where is there precedent in the Bible that God ever commanded someone to forsake Him and worship the Devil? I have precedent that God has asked someone to sacrifice a person. But you? No.

That's why you keep begging for an answer.

It's all you got left.

Desperation.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by billyray View Post
    i believe we should follow god. I have never said otherwise. What god has told me is through his word in the nt. What else is required that i am not currently doing?
    52+

?????

Billyray

But all critics like billy have left is to change the question, add their own twist on it, ask it 50+ times and then claim the person is unable to answer.
    I was one of the first to actually answer the question so you are absolutely false in your ***ertion.

Billyray

52+

?????
    It is a simple question Sir. If someone asked me what was required of him or her I could easily give them an answer. Even when I was LDS I could easily answer this question. This is simply gamesmanship on your part.

Billyray

52+

?????
    Since you are not going to answer my question how about answering this simple question based on theway's original question.

Sir

It is a simple question Sir. If someone asked me what was required of him or her I could easily give them an answer. Even when I was LDS I could easily answer this question. This is simply gamesmanship on your part.
    Required?

For what?

Salvation?

That was never a part of this topic.

It's simply about if God asked you to do something, would you?

You said yes.

Good.

End of conversation.

Sir

Since you are not going to answer my question how about answering this simple question based on theway's original question.
    Where is there precedent in the Bible that God ever commanded someone to forsake Him and worship the Devil?